• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Patriarchy vs. Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS4Liberty

Male
There has been a trend among
conservative talking heads, particularly the women, to judge and disparrage people dating in different age brackets. Leonardo DiCapprio being the most famous but others as well. The thing is there is no biblical age standard for marriage because God instituted protection for women for all times and cultures in their Fathers. If Leonardo DiCapprio married and cared for all the women I am assuming he slept with, I wouldn't have a negative word to say about them being significantly younger than him. Same for John Mayer. The age difference has no moral implications biblically. What these and many other women need is their father's doing their job instead of abdicating it to daddy government AND daughters that are taught to respect their father as their covering until they are married. Biblical patriarchy protects women both from evil men and themselves.

Screenshot_20230501-122354_Instagram.jpg

Oh, you better believe I'm watching this thread. Good luck, man.

Yeah, just had a conversation about this with an elder man I respect in his late 50s who is thinking of taking in a 19 year old, who I guess isn't being taken care of by her dad. But it was compassion for her current condition that led him to consider it at all.

I pointed out David and Abihag had a roughly 50-year age gap. Abraham was in his 80s when he took Hagar, "a maiden in Pharoah's court." So yeah... His kid is just going to have to deal with a step-mother a decade younger than himself!

So the issue with Leonardo Dicaprio, is not the age gap. It's the fact that once they reach the age of 25 he dumps them. He has some bee in his bonnet about women older than 24 I guess. It's not the age gap up until his age, because if he kept dating them past the age of 25, or married them, it would barely be talked about.

So the issue with Leonardo Dicaprio, is not the age gap. It's the fact that once they reach the age of 25 he dumps them. He has some bee in his bonnet about women older than 24 I guess. It's not the age gap up until his age, because if he kept dating them past the age of 25, or married them, it would barely be talked about.
At least they know their pull-date?

Yeah, just had a conversation about this with an elder man I respect in his late 50s who is thinking of taking in a 19 year old, who I guess isn't being taken care of by her dad.
This just seems odd to me. Is she not able to find a husband at least within a couple decades of her? The man will probably pass away when she is about 35 or so.

My sisterwife is 22 years younger then our husband. She didn't find any men her age  seriously interested in her, that she was interested in. Too many are just looking to do what they call "dating."
She liked our lifestyle, and our whole family. What passes for men nowadays....in churches especially.....just don't measure up to an old fashioned country raised man who is raising MEN!
(And all our men folk respect women and don't use them)

This just seems odd to me. Is she not able to find a husband at least within a couple decades of her? The man will probably pass away when she is about 35 or so.
If he didn't get suckered into suicide by 'NOT-vaxx self-injection, ' he'll probably outlive all of those of her age who did.

It seems more than odd. It seems crazy.

The business about Abraham and David doesn't directly apply. The patriarchs lived an exceedingly long time. Abraham was in his 80s when he married Hagar, but he lived almost another hundred years. This guy in his late 50s won't.

David was never one flesh with Abishag

Yeah, just had a conversation about this with an elder man I respect in his late 50s who is thinking of taking in a 19 year old, who I guess isn't being taken care of by her dad. But it was compassion for her current condition that led him to consider it at all.

I pointed out David and Abihag had a roughly 50-year age gap. Abraham was in his 80s when he took Hagar, "a maiden in Pharoah's court." So yeah... His kid is just going to have to deal with a step-mother a decade younger than himself!
89564370-311A-43F9-8BC0-5D4BDAF5F281.jpeg

It seems more than odd. It seems crazy.

The business about Abraham and David doesn't directly apply. The patriarchs lived an exceedingly long time. Abraham was in his 80s when he married Hagar, but he lived almost another hundred years. This guy in his late 50s won't.

A 35 year old widow shouldn’t have too much of a problem finding a husband... at least around here lol

There has been a trend among
conservative talking heads, particularly the women, to judge and disparrage people dating in different age brackets. Leonardo DiCapprio being the most famous but others as well. The thing is there is no biblical age standard for marriage because God instituted protection for women for all times and cultures in their Fathers. If Leonardo DiCapprio married and cared for all the women I am assuming he slept with, I wouldn't have a negative word to say about them being significantly younger than him. Same for John Mayer. The age difference has no moral implications biblically. What these and many other women need is their father's doing their job instead of abdicating it to daddy government AND daughters that are taught to respect their father as their covering until they are married. Biblical patriarchy protects women both from evil men and themselves.

View attachment 4877
I'm in agreement.

Age gaps don't ruffle me. A woman wants stability, leadership, and resources, which men establish more as they age and mature. The women against it in general can't stomach the fact that men desire beauty, fertility, and youth. But at least in polygyny a man can get himself a younger wife if he wants without tossing out the existing 25 year old one Leo-style 🤣

It would be priceless to actually hear Leo honestly voice why his girlfriends never make it past 25. We assume that's his cutoff, but what if there's more to it? We'll never know but what a great interview that would be on FRESH & FIT podcast 🤣😂🤣

For those here with daughters, what do you think is an appropriate age for men to begin inquiring for her (future) hand in marriage?

And is there a cutoff point in your book age wise for the man?

As I have no daughters, I can only lean on your input and insight in this matter to establish a proper basis for family building alliances for the Kingdom.

For full disclosure, I am 37.

For those here with daughters, what do you think is an appropriate age for men to begin inquiring for her (future) hand in marriage?

When she's ready to discuss it realistically. For one daughter that might be 15/16 and for another it might be 30.

Much more than twenty years difference can be an issue at times. Like when using a computer or a phone. :p

I'm 32, married at 18 to a man 26 years older than I am and we have had nine children together.

As I have no daughters, I can only lean on your input and insight in this matter to establish a proper basis for family building alliances for the Kingdom.

You are talking about far future? No age is too young to start talking about it among men. (And for you pearl-clutchers, do not even mothers do this with impunity, giggling while they suppose whose son will be good for whose daughter?) I am of the same mind as the Hebrews in this, whose word for a betrothed daughter literally meant, "neighbor's wife", even while she still lived under her father's roof. That mentality erases child-worship. None of mine are betrothed, but the mentality is still there that my wives are raising another man's wife, not just a daughter.

If a man came to me and inquired about my daughter for himself, I would be less suspicious of him than if he approached her himself, but I would still be like others here and raise my eyebrows at an age difference mainly because I would be assuming he comes from the same cut of cloth as most folk, which would make it strange behavior for him. The younger my daughter and the bigger the age gap, the higher the eyebrows, but I don't suppose I would have a cut-off, just more intense investigation. Being already known to me would expedite that investigation. If a man came to me and inquired about my daughter for his son, I would be far less suspicious.

Just like that, Megan gave a bit of hope to all the old guys 🤣
Not really 'old guys'. Remember, Moses was 80 when he just BEGAN his real life's work. And it took him 40 years just tending sheep to even be ready...

I'm thinking that if we are 'overcomers', and "counted worthy to escape the things coming upon the earth," we might even be able to walk into the land, along with a "Greater Exodus."

Hmm...when is Isaiah 4 after that anyway?

I'm a bit of a hypocrite on the subject. I prefer older men myself. However if an older man was interested in my niece, I'd be livid. I'd question why in the hell he has anything in common with a teenager (other than sex.) I'm not even totally against marriages that revolve around sex, it's important in a marriage but I'd rather her make that decision when she's old enough to actually weigh the options.

I’ve heard that the younger they are, the less that they have to unlearn.
I’m not sure that is true anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back