• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Biblical Patriarchy vs. Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit of a hypocrite on the subject. I prefer older men myself. However if an older man was interested in my niece, I'd be livid. I'd question why in the hell he has anything in common with a teenager (other than sex.) I'm not even totally against marriages that revolve around sex, it's important in a marriage but I'd rather her make that decision when she's old enough to actually weigh the options.
Another woman giving hope to older men. :)

I’ve heard that the younger they are, the less that they have to unlearn.
I’m not sure that is true anymore.
Probably true but also still very creepy to me. I'm not sure if unlearning is always a bad thing, it could make one more sure of their decisions in the future because they have more insight.

When she's ready to discuss it realistically. For one daughter that might be 15/16 and for another it might be 30.

Much more than twenty years difference can be an issue at times. Like when using a computer or a phone. :p

I'm 32, married at 18 to a man 26 years older than I am and we have had nine children together.
Absolutely beautiful. I truly hope to be as fruitful. Bless you and your master's house!

I’ve heard that the younger they are, the less that they have to unlearn.
I’m not sure that is true anymore.
I think its still true, but the younger they get into social media (TikTok, Instagram in particular at this point) the more likely they could be absorbing the worst aspects of culture.

But I believe it still holds true that a younger woman is more readily able to conform to her husband, assuming she is willing and submissive. These are qualities that a woman can possess at any age with the right mindset, but there is more to fight thru as time goes on.

I'm not sure if unlearning is always a bad thing...
I had to UNLEARN a whole lotta crap I was taught in sun-god-day skool about 'marriage,' among other "lies inherited from our fathers."

It's what author Bill Bonner (giving credit where it's due) called "negative education." Things you know that just aren't so. Worse, they're harmful. And you have to UNLEARN 'em to get back to zero, and merely ignorant, in order to start over...

Which is why Steve is probably right. Trouble is, as noted above, they start teaching kids deadly crap earlier and earlier now.

Statistically, women in general have a natural inclination toward older men. Considering their primary desires out of a husband is to know that there will be stability, longevity, security, and good breeding abilities. An older man has stood the test of time, has proven his strength and vitality over the years and the battles of life. He's beaten, or killed the younger men around him in some aspect and stayed standing. His business and financials are more likely in order and far outstrip the average youngster. He's able to show if his underlying health has any notable disease from genetic defect.

Considering the studies from last year that showed 80% of high school girls aged 18 had already had sexual activity, and the percentage of those that are married was not able to be determined with statistical significance? I think the idea of older men taking younger brides would actually be of severe benefit to the ladies. Because from 15-18 that number jumped from about 10% to 80%. The girls today are already ran-through by somebody, so pick 'em at 15 so you can save them from the 5% of guys in highschool who are seducing them all.

So for the women who have the inclination "fine for me, but not for thee." Recognize that thought pattern is ingrained from a desire to manipulate the average man out of the gene pool, and to subtly shift the prime mating opportunities toward yourself. It's perfectly fine to desire prime mates, by all means do so! But there really is no need to dissuade those primes from taking other women also. Afterall. The most attractive man in the world to a woman, is a man with a woman or two hanging off his arm. The peer review on that guy proves his ladies think him a catch worth keeping.

I say this as a youngster, with few to no chances of acquiring a mate any time soon because of the above in-built biological and psychological norms, even beyond the societal norms which prohibit my desirability as a spouse, including, but not limited to the fact that I follow a scriptural diet, am unlikely to be "wealthy" according to the world's external metrics, and am ostracised from polite society both as a prior soldier and as a "heretic" for holding the testimony of the Messiah as well as obeying the commands of Abba. By all standard measures... I'm destined for the junk drawer of non-reproduction.

Screw the stats though! 😎

Nope, I can't pretend that the solution to being sluts in high school is having them marry older men at age 15. Both are wrong.

My "it's ok for me but not for thee" attitude is due to being a 38 year old adult.

Were you in your 50s at the time?
No. But if a 15 year old is mature enough to marry a 19 year old (my age when we married), then she is mature enough to marry a 35 year old or older. In fact, an older man would have more to provide for her with.
Have you ever had a conversation with a 15 year old?
Your point here is a good one, most 15 year olds are not mature enough to marry. But that isn't always the case. Children today are raised to be immature, and when their body matures - without their mind being prepared for it - disaster tends to ensue.

My wife wasn't a typical 15 year old, and I don't wish my future daughters to be either.

One last thing I would point out, I've spoken to 30 year old women that aren't mature enough to be married. It has less (I won't say nothing) to do with age and more to do with maturity and wisdom.

Sometimes a good/great situation is passed over because it is not the perfect situation.
Which doesn’t always come around.

Have you ever had a conversation with a 15 year old?
Of course the average 15 year old isn’t worth marrying.
But the average doesn’t speak for all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back