• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Boycotting businesses which aid abortion groups

IshChayil

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
ב"ה​

So @Kevin and I were chatting the other day as I drank a smooth iced latte from Starbucks.
He informed me that Starbucks gives donations to Planned Parenthood (for those of you outside the states, that's the number 1 abortion provider).

As the culture war rages for the soul of America I decided to search and see which companies give money to Planned Parenthood so I can plan and implement a boycott of those companies.
To my horror, Microsoft is a donor.

This is a call for Biblical Families members to provide insight, tools, watch tools, etc. in the battle for life.
Do you do boycotts of companies which give to abortion clinics?
Should we?
Should we not?
How can you be sure who the donors are? (I found an online source but I want to see if any of the wiser folks know how to handle this).
What should we do?
Letter writing campaigns?
The spirit of molekh is making inroads for the past several decades and we need to deal with this by peaceful resistance (in the flesh) and spiritual warfare in the spirit.

Scope of this thread:
How to respond in leadership in our families to organizations which support abortion.
Abortion is the issue here not homosexual marriage or other acts like this. To save lives at the beginning is what I hope we can work on in this thread.

this thread is NOT for:
discussing if abortion is wicked murder or not
discussion of gay marriage and other abominable acts

Really hope to get some useful ways to fight this other than just voting pro-life politicians who are wimps into office to someday maybe make it illegal.
Children are dying now

This touches on one of the principles we are trying to achieve in our lives. It is best summed up by the phrase,"come out of her My people !"

The culture has gotten so corrupt that it is almost impossible to participate in any part of it. I live Coca Cola but Warren Buffet owns a large slice of it. You mentioned Microsoft and Starbucks. We do need to look for ways to eliminate these companies from our lives. Are we all ready for what that means? I have a daily YouTube habit. YouTube is wholly owned by "Don't not be evil" Google. And the list goes on and on. Most of us won't be able to use health insurance or even many doctors. Almost all national chains will need to be cut out, starting with Target!

I'm in board. I think it should happen. But it's a huge undertaking.

It sux. It's almost like we have to choose various forms of "acceptable evil".
As I sit here on my windows driven computer ... the only OS which runs the software I need for certain software development (at least without major headaches).. So I'm justifying that ... because I don't see the bodies.
I want to say "so maybe we start with the easier to cut ones like Starbucks, etc.and work our way up" but inside I know we'll never get to the tightly coupled things like Microsoft.

You know it's like a whole nother Law to undertake if we decide to boycott the crap out of all these evil bastards.
Maybe if we limit it to say places that donate to abortion shops. Like just keep it at the death level at first and see how that goes.
SO Macs are looking a lot more attractive now despite the big price tag...

I've looked at this approach in the past, and concluded that it was near impossible to implement. If you decide to boycott Starbucks, you will have to think about growing your own beans.

The tentacles of the financial system run deep. There's no way to know if the mom and pop coffee shop down the street is financed by a small bank that is financed by a larger back that invests in Starbucks in its portfolio.

Remember the mortgage bailout? Mortgage companies were selling mortgages to other entities quicker than the ink was drying. It ended up with Fanny Mae.....and on.

Subsistence farming, while bartering with other subsistence farmers is the seemingly only way to be truly free of this abomination.

It sux. It's almost like we have to choose various forms of "acceptable evil".
As I sit here on my windows driven computer ... the only OS which runs the software I need for certain software development (at least without major headaches).. So I'm justifying that ... because I don't see the bodies.
I want to say "so maybe we start with the easier to cut ones like Starbucks, etc.and work our way up" but inside I know we'll never get to the tightly coupled things like Microsoft.

Clearly this is morally wrong. The one true OS is linux, the operating system of the people!

Clearly this is morally wrong. The one true OS is linux, the operating system of the people!
amen ... even still wine doesn't run all my dev tools :(

Starbucks is just extremely blatant, they are easy to avoid.

Important discussion to raise @IshChayil. Thank you for doing so sir.

We are very strongly outspoken pro-lifers indeed... However, this "battle" isn't going to be won simply by vocally being on one side of the "debate"! And that's just what it is to so many... a "debate"! But of course we who have morals and a conscience understand that this is in fact a "battle". We understand that "we do not war against flesh and blood", and that this is ultimately a spiritual battle! It's surely not just a discussion to be had with two sides agreeing to disagree. In fact it seems for many pro-choicers that this is truly a war against us religious folk who are trying to suppress their freedoms.

Battle Tactics can include, but are not limited to:
1) being vigilantly outspoken against this genoside and calling it what it is... "murder" (it's our responsibility to preach righteousness)
2) fervently pray and intercede... praying for people and for ministries fighting this fight... praying against the enemy and his tactics
3) use productive tools to engage people's heart and conscience on the matter (Ray Comforts documentary "180" is great... Apologia Studios is another great ministry that I believe started "EndAbortionNow.com")
4) boycott as much as possible to defund this evil and not have any willing part in it
5) donate to ministries fighting on the front lines of this battle
6) take time to spend in front of an abortion facility and plead with any possible clients To not go through with killing their baby, but also be prepared to offer them the alternatives of adoption and so on (perhaps being willing to offer adopting the child yourself or at the very least being willing to genuinely care for and get involved in the gals life)

*Just some passionate thoughts on the matter. The Lord has recently reawakened this issue on our (my wife and myself) hearts personally... So thanks Ish for the good timing on this thread! And... I pray blessings and the Lord's favor on everyone's efforts in this fight for life!

Great stuff brother.
I checked out some of the videos at the site you recommended, EndAbortionNow.com; very useful.
Love the tactics; I'm fired up!

CORPORATIONS THAT GIVE MONEY DIRECTLY TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD
The following companies have contributed money directly to Planned Parenthood:

• Adobe
  • Aetna
  • Allstate
  • American Express
  • Amgen
  • Avon
  • Bank of America
  • Bath & Body Works
  • Ben & Jerry’s
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Boeing
  • BP
  • Clorox
  • Converse
  • Craigslist
  • Deutsche Bank
  • Diageo
  • Dockers
  • Energizer
  • Expedia
  • ExxonMobil
  • Fannie Mae
  • Freddie Mac
  • Frito Lay
  • General Electric
  • Groupon
  • Intuit
  • Jiffy Lube
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Kraft Heinz
  • Levi Strauss
  • Liberty Mutual
  • March of Dimes
  • Microsoft
  • Mondelez International
  • Monsanto
  • Morgan Stanley
  • Nike
  • Oracle
  • Patagonia
  • PayPal
  • PepsiCo
  • Pfizer
  • Progressive Insurance
  • Prudential
  • Qualcomm
  • Starbucks
  • Shell
  • Susan G. Komen
  • Unilever
  • United Airlines
  • United Way
  • US Bank
  • Verizon
  • Wells Fargo
CORPORATIONS THAT GIVE MONEY INDIRECTLY TO PLANNED PARENTHOOD
The following companies have have supported Planned Parenthood indirectly through third-parties such as United Way chapters:

• 3M
  • Abbott Laboratories
  • Abercrombie & Fitch
  • Adobe
  • Aetna
  • Albertsons
  • Allstate
  • Amazon
  • American Airlines
  • American Express
  • American Greetings
  • Ameriprise Financial
  • Anheuser-Busch
  • Apostrophe
  • AT&T
  • Banana Republic
  • Belk
  • Ben & Jerry’s
  • Best Buy
  • Black & Decker
  • Bristol-Myers Squibb
  • Calvin Klein
  • Campbell’s Soup
  • Caribou Coffee
  • Caterpillar
  • CBS
  • Cigna
  • Cisco
  • Citibank
  • Comcast
  • ConocoPhillips
  • Costco
  • CVS
  • Deutsche Bank
  • Diageo
  • Dollar General
  • Dow Chemical
  • Dr Pepper Snapple Group
  • eBay
  • Ernst & Young
  • Expedia
  • Express Scripts Inc.
  • FedEx
  • Ford
  • Forever 21
  • Freddie Mac
  • Frito-Lay
  • Gap
  • GEICO
  • General Electric
  • General Mills
  • General Motors
  • Goldman Sachs
  • Groupon
  • H-E-B
  • H&R Block
  • Hallmark Cards
  • Hanes
  • Harris Teeter
  • Hasbro
  • HCA Holdings
  • Hershey Company
  • Hewlett-Packard
  • Hillshire Brands Company
  • Home Depot
  • Honda
  • Hurleys
  • IBM
  • Intel
  • Intuit
  • J.Jill
  • Jack in the Box
  • Jiffy Lube
  • John-Deere
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • Kellogg’s
  • Kenmore
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken
  • Kimberly-Cark
  • Kmart
  • Kohl’s
  • Kroger
  • Lands’ End
  • Lockheed Martin
  • LOFT
  • MAPCO
  • Mars Inc.
  • Marshalls
  • Mary Kay
  • MasterCard
  • Morgan Stanley
  • National Football League
  • NBC Universal
  • Nestle
  • New Balance
  • Nordstrom
  • Old Navy
  • Olive Garden
  • PayPal
  • PepsiCo
  • PINK
  • Pizza Hut
  • PricewaterhouseCoopers
  • Prudential Financial and Insurance
  • Publix
  • Qdoba Mexican Grill
  • Ralph Lauren
  • REI
  • Rite Aid
  • Safeway
  • Sam’s Club
  • Sears
  • Seattle’s Best Coffee
  • Shell Oil
  • Sprint
  • Staples
  • Starbucks
  • State Farm
  • Subaru
  • SunTrust
  • Susan G. Komen
  • T-Mobile
  • T.J. Maxx
  • Taco Bell
  • Texas Instruments
  • Toro
  • Unilever
  • USAA
  • Victoria’s Secret
  • Walmart
  • Walgreens
  • Wells Fargo
  • Whataburger
  • Whirlpool Corporation
  • White Castle
  • Xerox
  • Zales

Nestle Group contributes to March of Dimes, which donates to planned parenthood. Nestle Group owns Gerber baby. When/if you buy Gerber baby food your supporting abortion.

Thanks for the list, bro. That's a whole lot of avoiding.

Now do you all see that anything short of subsistence farming, growing wool and cotton for clothing and beef for leather is pretty much the only alternative?

It can be done, but whewwwwww!

Thanks for the list, bro. That's a whole lot of avoiding.

Now do you all see that anything short of subsistence farming, growing wool and cotton for clothing and beef for leather is pretty much the only alternative?

It can be done, but whewwwwww!
That's the ultimate goal, at least for us. We've been looking at the lost arts of blacksmith (I already dabble in), leatherworking, tanning (again I dabble), weaving, woodworking, ect. I miss our farm but there will be other opertunities. A small family struggles, a large (insert polygamist) family it will be hard but doable, a community network......things start getting interesting.

Last edited:
perhaps being willing to offer adopting the child yourself or at the very least being willing to genuinely care for and get involved in the gals life)
There were women my wife worked with or friends with that we offered to do both.

Edit: We still are offering.

Last edited:
I know abortion is , dirty it's a crime and it is wrong . But in my experience when you run over to kick the devil on the shin , look out . You will start to lose focus on your main goal , Heaven . Those people will have to pay for what they have done . God will take care of those babies . Remember Lot and his wife . He stayed focused . So please don't wonder off too far and get tangled up in things like this .

I know abortion is , dirty it's a crime and it is wrong . But in my experience when you run over to kick the devil on the shin , look out . You will start to lose focus on your main goal , Heaven . Those people will have to pay for what they have done . God will take care of those babies . Remember Lot and his wife . He stayed focused . So please don't wonder of to far and get tangled up in things like this .

Well said. Don't focus on the battle so much that you fail to win the war.

Ezekiel 9:4. And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

There may be some benefit in Paul's instruction on food sacrificed to idols. He said to not eat anything you know is sacrificed to an idol but that there is no need to find out if it was sacrificed to an idol.

If we know a company is actively and directly supporting abortion with their money then we have an obligation to shun that company.

Kevin is right though in that really we're being called out of this whole culture. Our coffee can't be more important than our morals.

Of course if you looked on that list you saw Monsanto which means there is very little food that we could buy either. This is a topic for much prayer and study.

Just be sure guys if you decide to boycott these companies that you let them know about it.
A boycott without informing the target is like a fast without prayer...
you'll just go hungry without much accomplished.

Back