• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Christian Femininity and Modesty

Hi Ladies. I'm new here but wanted to put my 2 cents in. I think to each his/her own. What I may think modest you may not, or vice versa. I had someone tell me once that I often show too much cleavage. Because of a traumatic experience I had as a child I can't stand anything close to my neck/throat. So yes, I do tend to wear low cut tops. But, that doesn't mean they aren't modest. I tend to wear dresses most of the time simply because they're comfortable. My SW rarely wears them.

Okay so in my family we tend to have 3 levels of modesty. 1 public 2 family 3 events. I will start with family. With family I'm fine with yoga pants and a longish top hair covered or uncovered. Public hair covered skirts and a top that keeps cleavage and shoulders covered or a dress. At this point I will say thick thighs make yoga pants under skirts and stuff a necessary item. I mostly wear the Capri style. Now events as a married woman older family members expect a certain appearance. From clavicle to wrist and clavicle to ankle must be covered as well as a covering on the hair. My husband is very understanding of my medical condition making clothes difficult so to him as long as my shoulders to knees are covered and my hair as well its fine if I feel the need to ( can stand to have clothes touch me in more places) then by all means be as covered as I want. To be honest I used to think you can be modest in any type of clothing that it was an action but its truly both.

Back