• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Churchianity Lacks PRACTICAL Answers For Single Women!

That's a lot of sad reading. The book of Ruth would be a good study for so many of those women.
I told my sis in law the other day that Boaz was probably married. I mentioned the young men and women working in his fields, but when I mentioned the blessing of the elders she accused me of reaching. I consider it "reaching" in a more extreme way to assume Boaz was a successful unmarried farmer who managed to hire all those young people who must not have been needed at home, or to assume he was a widower.... in light of the following.

Ruth 4:11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem: 12And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the LORD shall give thee of this young woman.

I don't know if you could find a polygynous family with that type of stylized atmosphere of peace to do reels about the day to day life of polygyny or not? but that would probably reach a ton of people and make them consider it in a new light. and I'm sure that channel doing day to day stuff and answering all the questions that everyone has for it would probably draw a ton of single women to consider this. because right now all that is out there is either those popular sisterwife shows and they are hot mess, or these crazy immoral polyamory type craziness.
This has been one of my favorite familys to watch when it comes to a happy polygynous household and I think a good candidate. I think the problem with those trying to live this lifestyle are the legal risks of putting themselves out there.

I told my sis in law the other day that Boaz was probably married. I mentioned the young men and women working in his fields, but when I mentioned the blessing of the elders she accused me of reaching. I consider it "reaching" in a more extreme way to assume Boaz was a successful unmarried farmer who managed to hire all those young people who must not have been needed at home, or to assume he was a widower.... in light of the following.

Ruth 4:11 And all the people that were in the gate, and the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem: 12And let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the LORD shall give thee of this young woman.
Yes, Boaz being already married seems to be a little too much for some folks to think about. But then, God creating everything in six days and resting the seventh is also a little too much for some. People have their limits for what they'll believe even though it's there in plain sight in the text.

I'll add this from the article as it points out how the anti-biblical social engineering of monogamy-only has exasperated the difficulty.
Under this heading,

Single women are perceived as threats to married couples​

One comment reads, 'Also, you have to be careful when talking to married men as their wives appear to think you are trying to steal them!'

And this is the closing comment.

Although the question about what should be done was answered by most addressing how to get more men into church, there were several who came back to supporting women who wanted to marry but who could not do so.

'Most of my single Christian female friends and I anticipate that we will be single and childless for life as a direct result of the lack of single men in the church. We are offered no support by the church to manage our situation – in fact it is not even acknowledged or recognised as an issue the church needs to address. It is an issue that will affect us for the whole of our lives – no children, no grandchildren. And the constant elevation of family life and marriage, and the assumption by preachers that the audience are married, only enhances the experience of hurt and isolation as a single person. I know of single female friends who have succumbed to the pressure of family and friends by forming relationships with non-Christians. This is an ongoing temptation into a lifestyle of permanent rebellion against God to which the church offers no support and protection.'

This is married women behaving according to their instinct (because it's often true) but denying it as it's not politically correct. And of course the men won't talk to single women, they get berated by their wives for even noticing they exist.

Really this is a failure of masculine leadership (a failure the church encourages and enforces). I put an end to that kind of dominant misbehavior early on in our marriage (when I still believed in monogamy).

Something the study doesn't mention but others have found, all Christian denominations are majority female. Except the Orthodox, which has more men than women.

This is married women behaving according to their instinct (because it's often true) but denying it as it's not politically correct. And of course the men won't talk to single women, they get berated by their wives for even noticing they exist.

Really this is a failure of masculine leadership (a failure the church encourages and enforces). I put an end to that kind of dominant misbehavior early on in our marriage (when I still believed in monogamy).

Something the study doesn't mention but others have found, all Christian denominations are majority female. Except the Orthodox, which has more men than women.
Interesting.

My perception is that Orthodox are most most resistant to woke BS. Maybe, when there are too much uncovered women there is place for strange doctrines.

And of course the men won't talk to single women, they get berated by their wives for even noticing they exist.
We have long commented here on the stupidity of men acting like marriage vows made them blind eunuchs. I have two or three brother in laws that way....and their wives act like if they were different it would be wrong.

I was never that way, and even before we married they thought it strange that I "let him" go talk to his previous neighbor/friend/girlfriend without me. He had asked her to marry him just before we met, and she turned him down....and if he had wanted to back to her I would have dealt with it.....but fight for him? No way!

Back