• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Churchianity Lacks PRACTICAL Answers For Single Women!

How do Christians feel about the gender imbalance in church?​

www.singlefriendlychurch.com/gender-imbalance-in-church/gender-imbalance-in-church
Thank you for the link, it's a good read. This article touches on many of my own observations in the assemblies here. I've commented previously about one of the churches I've met with where there are probably three times an many women as there are men. I've yet to find an assembly here with more men than women. To find husbands the Christian women are marrying unsaved men and there are all the resultant problems - not least of which is it violates God's command that they should only marry men who are Christians (cf. 1 Cor. 7:39; 2 Cor. 6:14). The crazy thing is the church leaders have little to say about that but go off their trollies about polygamy, which God blesses and doesn't violate His commands. A change from following the traditions of men and instead obeying God could easily resolve the difficulty.

I'll add this from the article as it points out how the anti-biblical social engineering of monogamy-only has exasperated the difficulty.
Under this heading,

Single women are perceived as threats to married couples​

One comment reads, 'Also, you have to be careful when talking to married men as their wives appear to think you are trying to steal them!'

And this is the closing comment.

Although the question about what should be done was answered by most addressing how to get more men into church, there were several who came back to supporting women who wanted to marry but who could not do so.

'Most of my single Christian female friends and I anticipate that we will be single and childless for life as a direct result of the lack of single men in the church. We are offered no support by the church to manage our situation – in fact it is not even acknowledged or recognised as an issue the church needs to address. It is an issue that will affect us for the whole of our lives – no children, no grandchildren. And the constant elevation of family life and marriage, and the assumption by preachers that the audience are married, only enhances the experience of hurt and isolation as a single person. I know of single female friends who have succumbed to the pressure of family and friends by forming relationships with non-Christians. This is an ongoing temptation into a lifestyle of permanent rebellion against God to which the church offers no support and protection.'

Last edited:
Are you asking, if she already knows you're interested in her do you need to tell her what she already knows? Technically no because she already knows - but also yes because she might not know for sure and might need it confirmed. So yes and no. I cannot give a straight answer to that. Don't worry about the words, just have casual conversations and these things will come up.

For the ladies:
When it comes to polygamy, what I'd like to see is more young women finding an appropriate man and asking to join his family as a second wife (or getting her father to ask that). There's a very practical reason for this: single people have time to date, but married people don't. Married men don't have the time to date loads of single women, figure out which ones want polygamy and aren't scared off by the prospect, and suggest it to them. Married men who are doing their job are simply too busy with their existing families to take on the enormous additional time burden of dating - or the real risk of approaching the wrong woman, looking like a creep and potentially losing employment as a result.

So ladies, if you want to marry, don't wait around for a man to sweep you off your feet. The good men are too busy already with the first woman they took on, and her children. A married knight doesn't have time to put on his shining armour and gallop around the countryside searching for a damsel to rescue - but if a damsel turns up at their door they'll gladly rescue her there.

Also, although they know you exist, men as a general rule are not attuned to subtle cues so won't notice little hints that you're interested, and might see you no differently to the many other single women they know. You need to state this obviously, not bat your eyelids and then think he mustn't like you because he didn't seem to react to it (that's a silly example, but I hope you get my point).

The better the man is as a husband, the more he'll be focussed on being a husband, so the less likely you'll find him on a dating site or be approached by him elsewhere. If he's taking time off from being a husband to wife 1 to seek you out also, in the long run he might not be the most focussed husband on you either. (Obviously this isn't a hard and fast rule either, just a small observation to ponder.)
Is this in “the best of the forums”? Cause it should be

Is this in “the best of the forums”? Cause it should be
If you want it there, put it there. I can't, that's the rule! :)

Edit: Actually, it is already there

Excited to announce that tomorrow, 12/10/22 at 8pm est, @NickF and I will be live,streaming on @The Revolting Man 's YouTube channel with a rambling discussion that will begin with the recently linked article on gender inequality in the church.

Come Join the chat! We'd love to see you and appreciate prayers and support.

Link:

Last edited:
Excited to announce that tomorrow, 12/10/22 at 8pm est, @NickF and I will be live,streaming on @The Revolting Man 's YouTube channel with a rambling discussion that will begin with the recently linked article on gender inequality in the church.

Link:
Will there be a recorded version to watch later? Some of us are a little ahead of y'all so the time doesn't work for the live stream.

Not Enough Men In The Church​

How bout this idea - maybe God designed it to be that way and if the Bible is believed and followed, there would be no such discussions as in this video

Link:
100 minute warning!

3 plus hours and still going!! Whew!! Marathon... Thoroughly enjoying this discussion!

They finished strong!

Back