• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating a Married Man

Daniel DeLuca

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
There is a topic out on this site where you can upvote or downvote verses that you think are helpful or not helpful when it comes to this topic. At the bottom of the page, you can suggest a verse that might give someone looking into this topic. The more "Helpful" selections that you make, the higher those verses will be ranked. I suggested I Sam 1:2.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/dating_a_married_man

Too much work to swim against that tide of wrongly understood or applied verses. Crazy how warped the monogamy only theology is once one sees what Scripture actually says....

There is a topic out on this site where you can upvote or downvote verses that you think are helpful or not helpful when it comes to this topic. At the bottom of the page, you can suggest a verse that might give someone looking into this topic. The more "Helpful" selections that you make, the higher those verses will be ranked. I suggested I Sam 1:2.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/dating_a_married_man
And not one of those verses has anything to do with dating a married man!
Talk about scripture twisting :eek:

This needs a new thread but what's next in educating the public on polygyny? Ive been watching other movements in both the faith community and otherwise and Ive got to say what seems impossible (convincing believers and non believers alike) may not be Impossible. A youtube program? Why not?

Too much work to swim against that tide of wrongly understood or applied verses. Crazy how warped the monogamy only theology is once one sees what Scripture actually says....
It really is crazy how little is understood by people and ministers (so called) in this modern world.
For example, even the title on the link "Dating a married man." Dating is not a biblical concept, especially since now days that for many includes sexual relations, which in biblical times meant either marriage, or treating a woman like a whore.
I doubt the people (assumed to be christians) reading that topic are clarifying anything, even in their own minds, like what the married man's intentions are toward the woman he is dating.....marriage or a fling.....and that to my understanding is a major consideration. Then too, it is assumed the woman is available.

Reading that linked page just confirms for me that a major obstacle facing would be polygynous men, is that most of the women who would have interest in a married man lack morals, and most of the modern women with morals will feel the married man interested in them has none.
A Biblical Families tee shirt for men that says "married, moral AND available" might be a conversation starter. (Ladies shirt has "my hubby is" at the top) :)Lol.

But really, I suspect God is just equipping some men/families (mentally, emotionally spiritually) for the time prophesied in Isaiah when "7 women take hold of one man." I think that could possibly be fulfilled in my lifetime, after gog/magog leaves the people in the USA (and the rest of the world) with a radically different outlook on everything.

Just my musings.

I just wonder sometimes how things would change if women who were intrested in married men knew there was a different and moral path to "having him". Naive thinking? Maybe...but a paradigm shift would be interesting. My lady in waiting had to be taught about biblical polygyny as we were already friends and she developed "feelings" for me much to her embarrassment yet she is quite innocent if you understand what I mean by that;) But immoral women will be immoral and men too...idk ...lol

@Joleneakamama LOVE the tshirt idea. Open a zazzle account, design the shirt and start selling.

Reading that linked page just confirms for me that a major obstacle facing would be polygynous men, is that most of the women who would have interest in a married man lack morals

No, they are just women. Biologically and morally, a woman chasing a married man is just going after a proven quantity. The real trick of the devil here is to get her to harden her heart because she mistakenly thinks what she's doing is wrong; even though she's just operating according to her God given programming.

Now if after said woman finds out its moral to become his second wife and she still aims to be a homewrecker; then you're dealing with a different quantity. But they're still not really that different than the 99% of all other married women who want their man all to themselves; even though they were seemingly moral by marrying a single man.

But this is why efforts like this can be important, even if they seem like shots in the dark. If we can plant seeds that point to the truth for people honestly trying to come to grips with the internal struggles, we can have huge affects in peoples lives.

Do any of you have any thoughts about these verses and are they helpful in accepting polygyny?

Judges chapter 5 is a song written by Deborah, a judge of Israel. She led the Israelites into battle against King Jabin of Hazor, who the Lord had promised would be defeated. Sisera was the commander of Jabin's army. The people of Hazor fully expected to win. But they were completely destroyed by Israel as God had promised.

Judges 5:28-30 from The Living Bible quotes Sisera's mother who was waiting for him to return from battle victorious. "The mother of Sisera watched through the window for his return. 'Why is his chariot so long in coming? Why don't we hear the sound of the wheels?' But her ladies-in-waiting, and she herself, replied, 'There is much loot to be divided, and it takes time. Each man receives a girl or two; and Sisera will get gorgeous robes, and he will bring home many gifts for me.' "

Lesson 1. It was sometimes an accepted event of war that the victorious army gets to take the unmarried girls of the defeated army's country. Sisera's mother obviously thought her son's army had won and was doing just that after the battle. So she fully believed polygyny was acceptable.

Lesson 2. It's possible that Sisera's mother herself and her friends (called ladies-in-waiting here) maybe thought that some heroes of the war may come and claim them as a reward for winning the war, assuming Sisera's mother was a widow.

Lesson 3. Barak, Israel's commander, was afraid to go without Deborah, so she marched with him into battle. However, the honor of conquering Sisera went to a woman because Barak was not courageous enough to lead. (Judges 4:4-14) It's possible that only those courageous enough to lead will be rewarded with polygyny.

Lesson 4. Sisera was defeated, not only because he made life unbearable for the Israelis for twenty years, but because he sought refuge at the end of the battle from a married woman, Jael, who ultimately got the honor of conquering Sisera by driving a tent peg through his head. (Judges 5:17-22) It's possible Sisera was contemplating an affair with her which would not be an acceptable form of polygyny since she was married.

Quick thoughts:

1: Absolutely. But few Christians would find the opinion of a pagan woman persuasive. It could be even taken as proof polygyny is something pagans do. So a useful verse to show how pervasive polygyny was everywhere, but not very helpful to initially persuade someone.

2-3: Too speculative.

As much as possible pick obvious verses. Anything that mentions the multiple wives of one of the hero's of the faith, Nathan's statement to David, etc.

Lesson 3. Barak, Israel's commander, was afraid to go without Deborah, so she marched with him into battle. However, the honor of conquering Sisera went to a woman because Barak was not courageous enough to lead. (Judges 4:4-14) It's possible that only those courageous enough to lead will be rewarded with polygyny.

Good observations! As I've read the story over several times down through the years I've always pondered Deborah's quote in Judges 4:9c "...for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman, ..." Was she talking of herself or was she prophesying Sisera's death at the hand of a woman--Jael. I feel certain she rode into battle with Barak fully confident that the Lord GOD would deliver King Jabin and his captain Sisera into their hands. She could not have known about Jael unless the Lord had told her.

Not trying to derail the thread since this comment is off topic. Any comments or thoughts along these lines?

Back