• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating a Married Man

What's the downside of just being yourself around women? What's with all the play-acting?

Well, since I naturally get nervous around a woman that I am attracted to, I am not really acting so much, as using that nervousness to communicate non-verbally that I am attracted to her. In this way, I am not asking for a commitment from her, but she sees it as a genuine form of flattery.

We have a tendency to Pose in certain circumstances. Whether it's at church, on the job, around a group of guys, or with a lady we are interested in. We do this because we have this image in our minds of what were suppose to be like. Some times that image comes from acceptance or rejection of what the world around us tells us we're suppose to be. Other times it's insecurities were trying to make up for or we're just trying to be the person that we think others around us want or need us to be. The major problem with that when it comes to dating is that the woman may fall in love with your pose and not you. Then your stuck acting like someone your not trying to keep her love or you run the risk of losing her love even if the true you was someone she could love because you deceived her.

Yeah, that sounds like too much work to me.... ;)

If it's any consolation for you younger guys, that tendency tapers off (or should) as you get older. We like to think of it as 'getting wiser', but mostly we just get tired of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes (like the girl who falls in love with the wrong guy, the guy you were pretending to be...).

Oh, lawsy.....

Yeah, that sounds like too much work to me.... ;)

If it's any consolation for you younger guys, that tendency tapers off (or should) as you get older. We like to think of it as 'getting wiser', but mostly we just get tired of playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes (like the girl who falls in love with the wrong guy, the guy you were pretending to be...).
So, lying around in my tidy whiteys, posting on BF and flatulating is the best road to take? Who knew?:eek:

In all seriousness, I understand both points. I can't be anything but myself around women, but somehow I tend to be less of myself at the beginning. Does that make sense?

Yup.

:cool::cool:

on it (up and down voting)
Don't forget to upvote:
Numbers 12:1-16
(Moses 2nd wife)

I also suggested Exodus 21:10. (about taking 2nd wife)
and 1 Samuel 1:2 (Elkanah had 2 wives) and he is portrayed as kind

You can add verses in the box at the bottom

Last edited:
Back