• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating / matchmaking websites

Gonna try a little expirement on Farmers Only, see if anyone reaches out.

I have considered that myself but not gotten round to it so far.

Did just sign up on an unvaxxed dating site. Most of it looks like lame fake accounts so far though

I made an account and included that I was already married and looking for helpers (summary). Well see if any reach out.
Not sure about the looking for helpers framing. Flesh that out for me.

I am always explicit right up front that I am looking for the sort of rare woman who can see the benefits of plural marriage and who is looking for an who is family focused, good dad material and other self promotion rah rah but try to stay honest.
Woman claim they want honesty all the time so I just lay it out in the first paragraph and or sentence sort of a thing.
Not that I am getting a tonne of responses, so if there are better techniques to be had, I am interested

Not sure about the looking for helpers framing. Flesh that out for me.

I am always explicit right up front that I am looking for the sort of rare woman who can see the benefits of plural marriage and who is looking for an who is family focused, good dad material and other self promotion rah rah but try to stay honest.
Woman claim they want honesty all the time so I just lay it out in the first paragraph and or sentence sort of a thing.
Not that I am getting a tonne of responses, so if there are better techniques to be had, I am interested
In the bio I stated it was a biblical based torah observant traditional role house hold. Helper is a reference to help meet.

In the bio I stated it was a biblical based torah observant traditional role house hold. Helper is a reference to help meet.
I understood that statement but not getting your personal view of what that means...if a woman will understand in advance the same context as you do etc.

Swerving back to the vicinity of the original topic for the moment...

Have the men here noticed the prevalence on some of the plural dating sites of generically pretty younger woman? That strangely one only gets contacted by these generically pretty and fit younger woman who seem to never talk about polygamy or family or their culturally unusual interests in plural marriage? That they seem to have collected a veritable army of couples as "friends" on these sites in the period of a day or two?
When was the last time you were contacted by a plain or heavier woman on one of these sites? I believe that the majority of America is now considered obese but for some strange reason I only seem to get inquiries from slim attractive women between 22-26 years old.
Perhaps I am just lucky

Swerving back to the vicinity of the original topic for the moment...

Have the men here noticed the prevalence on some of the plural dating sites of generically pretty younger woman? That strangely one only gets contacted by these generically pretty and fit younger woman who seem to never talk about polygamy or family or their culturally unusual interests in plural marriage? That they seem to have collected a veritable army of couples as "friends" on these sites in the period of a day or two?
When was the last time you were contacted by a plain or heavier woman on one of these sites? I believe that the majority of America is now considered obese but for some strange reason I only seem to get inquiries from slim attractive women between 22-26 years old.
Perhaps I am just lucky
Young pretty women collecting company of simpa isn't strange. @Keith Martin would have choice words for such men.

Young pretty women collecting company of simpa isn't strange. @Keith Martin would have choice words for such men.
I don't doubt that goes on but I would wager that the majority are a mix of the sites using the profiles as bait and scammers

My proof of concept with respect to the former is that after blocking some of these accounts, I will receive another generic inquiry. Neither time has the account viewed my account. There are other factors but that is an easy one to point to.
Not to mention the general vague vibe to all of them that are so very samey.
The overt attention seekers seem to have feel to them.

On a sidebar for the ladies...what is the deal with never bothering to put much of anything about yourselves in profiles? I have talked to plenty of real ones where there was not potential for a match but who never gave enough information beyond being female and on a site which presumptively means you are open to plyg-life. Is it because just being there gets one enough attention or likely more than one wants? Or is there more to it?

I don't doubt that goes on but I would wager that the majority are a mix of the sites using the profiles as bait and scammers

My proof of concept with respect to the former is that after blocking some of these accounts, I will receive another generic inquiry. Neither time has the account viewed my account. There are other factors but that is an easy one to point to.
Not to mention the general vague vibe to all of them that are so very samey.
The overt attention seekers seem to have feel to them.

On a sidebar for the ladies...what is the deal with never bothering to put much of anything about yourselves in profiles? I have talked to plenty of real ones where there was not potential for a match but who never gave enough information beyond being female and on a site which presumptively means you are open to plyg-life. Is it because just being there gets one enough attention or likely more than one wants? Or is there more to it?
Ladies usually are busy enough with men in their social circle. No need for dating site.

And on dating site they would usually get swarmed. And never forgets women's tendency to love attention.

I think what would be useful is a family networking site that is setup from a solid understanding of marriage and biblical family structure. One with the intent of covering women and building households. Not with a huge emphasis on polygyny but simply marriage. One could call it "coverings and helpmeets" or something. It would be great if it was just written into the site correct doctrine on marriage but its market was to your average Christian "single". Instead of using terms like single it could be uncovered, widowed, in my fathers house and for the men it could be " availability to cover" I strongly dislike the dark undertones of Christian dating sites and the polygamy sites are kinda nasty and don't really seem to attract the right people.

Last edited:
My second wife originally messaged me off a site and could be described as you just did here.
I am gratified that there are occasional successes.
For that matter, my ex wife was younger and prettier than the sort I have been describing in my post and she contacted me initially as well...so no argument that lighting can strike.
Did you not however see the same patterns of fakes and predatory types that I described before you met your new wife?

I am gratified that there are occasional successes.
For that matter, my ex wife was younger and prettier than the sort I have been describing in my post and she contacted me initially as well...so no argument that lighting can strike.
Did you not however see the same patterns of fakes and predatory types that I described before you met your new wife?
I saw all the same fakes and frauds. Finding Dana was like finding a needle in a haystack. She’s my age and I don’t think she would mind me describing her as an average woman.

I saw all the same fakes and frauds. Finding Dana was like finding a needle in a haystack. She’s my age and I don’t think she would mind me describing her as an average woman.
I wonder at the people who will fall for the fairly obvious to transparent bs ones. Won't claim I have not been briefly taken in but I feel confident that those who gave me gaslight or I suppose the term is catfish, were game players rather than scammers. I don't think that I have fallen for anything in the scam territory to date.

I shoul probably add that the profile does not have a photo, so anyone who contacts will be doing so based solely on the bio.
I had a profile like that for a while...
I decided that given that I am an ugly F'er, if woman were going to express interest/return expressed interest, then it would 100% be based upon the character of the profile. VS that whole bit where post pick exchange your messages bounce back lol

I do have a what we...and it is a we not a me as the family is a package...are looking for section though that I think may serve a bit in the same vein.
More or less says we prefer the kind, loyal and loving over the peacock narcissistic sort and that we absolutely are not here for hedonistic fantasist games. That adding another sex partner is not the motivation. That NO, we will not be doing sexting games.

I figure that while it may lower my chances at talking with lots of women, well...I am thinking it might help to bolster my chances with those who might be an actual match.

All that said, I really prefer in person and have a goal for the future as the family gets out on some land.
I am wanting to put together a bit of a matchmaking event.
Don't ask me all of the how's at this stage as I am many steps from that stage in the goals to results process. I am more in infrastructure to accommodate guests stage.

I do think that a small group of women and men working to spend time with and get to know the families and singles seems a good idea so that they might recommend pairings informality.

Then again, it might be sufficient for me to just build a largish pavilion, provide drinks and snacks as well as some mingling music and just let people get after some socializing.

Regardless of how it might be framed, I do like the idea of real life work and advocacy for plural marriage

I had a profile like that for a while...
I decided that given that I am an ugly F'er, if woman were going to express interest/return expressed interest, then it would 100% be based upon the character of the profile. VS that whole bit where post pick exchange your messages bounce back lol

I do have a what we...and it is a we not a me as the family is a package...are looking for section though that I think may serve a bit in the same vein.
More or less says we prefer the kind, loyal and loving over the peacock narcissistic sort and that we absolutely are not here for hedonistic fantasist games. That adding another sex partner is not the motivation. That NO, we will not be doing sexting games.

I figure that while it may lower my chances at talking with lots of women, well...I am thinking it might help to bolster my chances with those who might be an actual match.

All that said, I really prefer in person and have a goal for the future as the family gets out on some land.
I am wanting to put together a bit of a matchmaking event.
Don't ask me all of the how's at this stage as I am many steps from that stage in the goals to results process. I am more in infrastructure to accommodate guests stage.

I do think that a small group of women and men working to spend time with and get to know the families and singles seems a good idea so that they might recommend pairings informality.

Then again, it might be sufficient for me to just build a largish pavilion, provide drinks and snacks as well as some mingling music and just let people get after some socializing.

Regardless of how it might be framed, I do like the idea of real life work and advocacy for plural marriage
The main reason theres no photo is identity security. We now live in the age of big data and AI, the other reason is it won't let me upload the photo I want, keeps denying it. I am also more of an in person as well, some photogenic people don't look as good in person and vice versa. Right now it is really just an expirement to see what is out there. I don't actually expect anyone to reach out with no photo and only a contrversial bio.

The jabs really changed the landscape and I am curious to see how much value the rural population puts on it and what the uptake was. Ive gone through 1000+ profiles or so 18-30 and I would say pickings are slim. If you include 30-35 it gets even slimmer.

Last edited:
The main reason theres no photo is identity security.

I had that notion for a Ling time as well.
However, having spent nearly 8 years as a polygamists who was proud of his family and wives...well,, I am less concerned now. The world can frankly bite my ass. The issue the government has is with two marriage licenses. I don't have a single one. I reject the notion that they have the authority to endorse my unions.
I suspect that the government has more issue with other aspirations I have along the lines of living on land and producing my own food and enough to sell wholesome food to others.
We now live in the age of big data and AI, the other reason is it won't let me upload the photo I want, keeps denying it.
can't help there but I will wagervthe site owner could
I am also more of an in person as well, some photogenic people don't look as good in person and vice versa.
I get it but it is harder to get the opportunity to meet in person if they never bother to look at your profile because of the lack of a photo
Right now it is really just an expirement to see what is out there. I don't actually expect anyone to reach out with no photo and only a contrversial bio.
controversial bio...yeah.. I have been working for a long time to try to get mine to say what I want but to pit it in ways that don't say oh no scary extremist guy to women...when to my my way of thinking, women need to figure out that they need their own guy who can be scary and who is willing to think differently than the cultural program being pushed out.
The jabs really changed the landscape

Screen-Shot-2013-07-24-at-9.47.56-PM.jpg

and I am curious to see how much value the rural population puts on it and what the uptake was. Ive gone through 1000+ profiles or so 18-30 and I would say pickings are slim. If you include 30-35 it gets even slimmer.
Don't I know it
The unfortunate thing is that of the proverbial slim pickings, the ones you will politely message will very rarely reply as they are not coming back to the site again or they are flooded with other families also seeking. Or I suppose one should point out that tonnes are just bs to start. Personally I am very parsimonious about who I would send a note to. Very suspicious of the generically pretty girl profiles, especially of they are not saying something about polygamy and why they want it etc.

Back