• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Dear Sons-in-law....

I was hoping that you would share this here. :)

Folks, it is 35 minutes, but those minutes are well spent.
I read the comments, the only person that had a problem with any of it also has a problem with the fact that there is a Supreme Being.

Great talk, almost nothing to disagree with there and full of wisdom. I wish there were a lot more fathers like you out there. Too many undercut the authority of the son instead of buttressing it.

You bit about 'making her happy' vs your mission is particularly golden.

I have four sons, if any of them came home from a message like this and told me about it I would tell them to run for the hills.

I have four sons, if any of them came home from a message like this and told me about it I would tell them to run for the hills.

I have three daughters. Any guy interested in one of them and does not share these viewpoints need not apply.

All proves the distance between us. Which makes me wonder, why would I bring my sons to a retreat.

I think just the single point of Zec promising to never undermine the son in law's authority is HUGE!
An old saying is good fences make good neighbors.
I thought it was very good and suggested hubby watch it. I'll let him post his own thoughts.
I'm not at all clear on what your objections are, but think far too much can get lost in communication. I have heard it said you should marry someone who feels blessed to have you, not someone who feels you are blessed to have them.
I think if you take the message in the spirit it was given, a father trying to share some hard learned and valuable truths with the young men who might marry his daughters.....you see a good father's heart.

Your sons may enjoy just meeting other less conventional christians. April 2018 we went to a hotel retreat and took our two oldest sons. This last year June hubby and the oldest three including our daughter drove up to Oregon for a hotel retreat. Our son Wes wishes he could have made the East Coast coming up....and all nine of 'em liked the summer retreat.
If you don't see the point....it may be your loss. Just sayin'.

Back