• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Disney's Frozen

You know, speaking of movies and art, and tying it back to polygamy, the one movie (actually two now) that always strikes me as does the first of the book series "Left Behind", where the pilot is having a liaison with his stewardess. The quote that often comes to mind is the one where Hattie Durham tells Rayfield Steele, "[Don't] tell me that what we feel [for one another] is wrong." Obviously the movie and books comes from the anti-poly perspective. Interestingly enough, she says that she is going to the UN, "unless I have a reason to stay". Rayfield practically drove her into the clutches of the Antichrist.

There is a line in the JJ Heller song, "Love Me:

"maybe if she was thinner then he would have stayed". I can't help but point out that maybe if it weren't for monogamy, then he would have stayed.

By that I simply mean that the spiritual is most important and eternal. The physical was created by the spiritual, and will be destroyed by the spiritual, it is therefore a temporary creation and subservient to a greater reality. It is easy to think that the physical is real and the spiritual is less important, by this terminology you flip the whole thing upside down to get a better perspective.
I believe that this is very dangerous ground to tread on. To say that we are created for a greater reality seems to be a direct contradiction to scripture. How is it that if God gives us a mission and a purpose for living on this earth that dates back to the garden, we can somehow believe that our God given purpose on earth is lesser in importance to our future purpose. God holds our earthly existence with the same importance as our heavenly existence. They are both the will of God therefore must be of equal importance. I feel that to claim that our physical reality is less important than our spiritual reality is to discount our God given purpose on earth.

@bluearrow89, I think you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, and then rightly objecting to them. I did not say "we are created for a greater reality", or "our God given purpose on earth is lesser in importance to our future purpose", or "our physical reality is less important than our spiritual reality". I do not know where you have got these statements from.

God created us to place us on this earth, and He has very important purposes for us here. I agree with you. In fact, I believe our ultimate hope is an earthly hope - God will create a new heavens and a new earth, the new earth being created for saved humanity. We are created for a physical reality.

What I DID mean was simply that people have a natural tendency to feel that the physical world is real and the spiritual world is imaginary, or if they believe it is real still less "solid" or "important" than the physical. However, the physical was made by the spiritual (as God is spiritual), is controlled by the spiritual world (as it is controlled by God), and will ultimately be destroyed and re-made by the spiritual also. The physical world is therefore subject to the spiritual, the spiritual is more powerful, and longer-lasting (as it existed first). This is the opposite of the natural instinctual view that humans can have. The idea of a computer simulation, subject to its Maker, is a parable that makes sense to a modern reader and helps to illustrate the fact that the spiritual is actually real, and critically important.

@bluearrow89, I think you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say, and then rightly objecting to them. I did not say "we are created for a greater reality", or "our God given purpose on earth is lesser in importance to our future purpose", or "our physical reality is less important than our spiritual reality". I do not know where you have got these statements from.

God created us to place us on this earth, and He has very important purposes for us here. I agree with you. In fact, I believe our ultimate hope is an earthly hope - God will create a new heavens and a new earth, the new earth being created for saved humanity. We are created for a physical reality.

What I DID mean was simply that people have a natural tendency to feel that the physical world is real and the spiritual world is imaginary, or if they believe it is real still less "solid" or "important" than the physical. However, the physical was made by the spiritual (as God is spiritual), is controlled by the spiritual world (as it is controlled by God), and will ultimately be destroyed and re-made by the spiritual also. The physical world is therefore subject to the spiritual, the spiritual is more powerful, and longer-lasting (as it existed first). This is the opposite of the natural instinctual view that humans can have. The idea of a computer simulation, subject to its Maker, is a parable that makes sense to a modern reader and helps to illustrate the fact that the spiritual is actually real, and critically important.
Ah Thank you for replying. I completely agree with this and after re-reading your first post, it also makes sense. Not honestly sure how I came up with what I did. Thank you for clarifying.

I have never watched Frozen, because the Church was against it. But I've read Snow Queen though.
"Frozen" has changed the Snow Queen, into an innocent, helpless woman, who doesn't know how to control the powers she has.

Back