• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Divorce: Are all unions ordained by God in the first place?

That plan is for freewill to love Him by their free choice. You seem to be asserting that God is going to use Hell to persuade all free-wills to eventually come to love.

God will not Lose the souls of those which reject his love. Their punishment will not be a wasted effort. They will serve as a warning to future generations.

Ok we've gone off the rails now. There is nothing more I can say. For those who are interested, search the internet about enteral hell, you may find some revealing information.

Sorry biblehub as a source to define words already misinterpreted in most Bible versions doesn't do anything for me.

I didn't point you to a commentary or a translation but a dictionary. I will take the word of Greek and Hebrew Scholars of Thayer's and BDB over random internet commentor's opinion every day of the week. And their definition is in keeping with the whole of scripture. At some point, "words already misinterpreted in most Bible versions" just becomes an appeal to the authority of ones own theology.

If this was an area where sometimes the word means as you say and sometimes everlasting; then you'd have a case to be made. But this word isn't one of those cases, and Thayer's points to many uses in Greek (outside of scripture) where it means eternal.

You are transposing the word aion with everlasting and making it interchangable. That's not what is being said, the word is translated age abiding. And age abiding is determined by God. They do not have to be the same.
I'm not arguing with you at all. I am accepting your premise for the sake of discussion, and then asking a followup question. Accepting that aion can mean a long time or a shorter time:

Where in scripture does it say that aion life is longer than aion death?

Minor footnote:
The idea of creation in 7 days is age abiding. No one really knows how long they are but they end or change to another period of time.
Disagree with that as the word for each is "yom", which means "day" - but that's a completely different issue so I'm not going to debate it here. I'm just stating my disagreement as a technicality, so I don't accidentally give the impression that I have changed my mind on an issue I have been outspoken on elsewhere.

Reactions: Cap
I question the idea that hell is an enemy that God needs to defeat. Wouldn’t he have created it and sentenced people to it? Obviously he’ll is not the lake of fire, that’s something reserved for the worst offenders of the apocalypse. It is an outer darkness where people can experience their preferred choice, existence without God. I’m not understanding when God would need to defeat something He ordained.

I guess we must be a bunch of human beings with a bunch of different interpretations of Scripture, huh? Surprise, surprise! Well, I love all of you no matter what you believe -- and no matter whether you consider me a brother or not, because I believe we're all brothers in Christ.

But, just to clarify, I don't have any beliefs about God bringing people out of Hell, because I believe Hell doesn't even exist other than what we create for ourselves right here on Earth. I believe Hell wasn't created by God but is a construct invented by human beings for nefarious purposes that align with making organized religion powerful.

And I know that we have so many translations and dictionaries and commentaries and encyclicals and rabbinical writings and sermons and whatnot to guide us toward our differing interpretations that, no matter what I write about this, each individual will have no problem finding PROOF that I'm wrong. So be it. Just know this: given that I believe everyone is going to end up in Heaven no matter how much they huff and puff or don't huff and puff (and that blessed assurance has never been known to be correlated with an increase in sociopathy or any other kind of lawlessness, because we know what the actual fruits of the spirit are and that they are a reflection of one's union with God rather than someone one can do to get union), I don't care if you think I'm wrong, because I look forward to the days when we will just be jointly thrilled to be in the presence of the Glory of God.

My sharing was just that: sharing, witnessing my beliefs. I'm no evangelist -- and don't even belief in being one. I just want to further let people know who I am.

Please do not think that I want or need for any of you to change one smidgen (or even a jot or a tittle) of your belief system on my behalf. God loves me, and God loves you, just as we are -- and that's good enough for me!

I think every marriage is ordained by God (Genesis 2). That marriage is supposed to unite a man and a woman in an eternal union (Ecclesiastes 3:14), and be indissoluble, except for adultery (Mark 10:1-12), or for the Pauline privilege (1 Corinthians 7:10-15).

Back