• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Divorce license but no Marriage license

Define adultery.

Edit: I've had sex with a married man. Am I his wife or...?

Did he call you (His Wife) or you call him (Your Husband)?

"If" Yes to either of this and you had been free to marry then Yes.
Also at this time did you believe in G-d? if not then you had no Marriage.

Did he call you (His Wife) or you call him (Your Husband)?

"If" Yes to either of this and you had been free to marry then Yes.

Yes, we called each other husband and wife. No, I did not believe in God like I do now. More like I was vaguely aware of the possibility of God but He and I were not personally acquainted.

I've never made that any secret.

Curious, do you think me a whore?

Last edited:
Yes, we called each other husband and wife. No, I did not believe in God like I do now. More like I was vaguely aware of the possibility of God but He and I were not personally acquainted.

Wel i for one dont think that as i have known you in our conversations for about 10 years and have watched you grow from afar.

MeganC: First we are all sinners and so we all sin not just once but daily.
But, I want to break down what you said to know what is or what is not.

MeganC:

I did not believe in God like I do now. More like I was vaguely aware of the possibility of God but He and I were not personally acquainted.

This is where it might get tricky as because you said "I did not believe in God like I do now." to clarify to know G-d is to (Pledge Allegiance to Him, but maybe just Believing He is G-d). But Believing might be more than thinking or knowing He is Real as well.

If you knew of Him but did not Believe in Him then at that time you had no G-d/Laws and no Marriage and most likely free to marry.
But, to go back to the do you think me a whore?

MeganC we could use direct definitions or just say we all sin, the only issue here is if you are still attached with this Man who you called Husband or if you are free to do as you will. This has zero on how I personally feel, but if you are right with G-d. I personally believe that you had not Known G-d from what you said, but only you know for sure.

My Core Hope is that we our all found Right in G-ds Eyes and we all get into Heaven and Nothing Else.

Now, My Mother had a Boyfriend who was an atheist and she was a Believer even if not so much on Obeying G-d.
She had a child with him and lost that child due to a Church drugging her and selling him (child), then she meet my Father and had 3 children including me. That did not last but this time is was a Real Marriage between two believing people, they many breakups and reunions over years till it ended. Now my Mother was giving a Legal Divorce but still not free to remarry as my Father was and still is Alive. She went on to marry another man and had two children that did not last and her last marriage lasted 10 or years and ended as well. Now she has a boyfriend and has been living in sin the whole time only having 1 Husband and many boyfriends as even though she has a legal papers of divorce she is not free to marry again till her first and only husband dies and if she doesn't repent and stay by herself she will not enter into Heaven.

Yes or no would suffice for a response.

Okay, the simplest way to say this is you either was sinning or you are sinning.
If you had a Marriage in The Eyes of G-d then you are sinning.
If you did not have a Marriage in The Eyes of G-d then you had sinned.

We all sin!
But if you did not have a Marriage then you are free to marry.
But if you had a marriage in G-ds Eyes you are living in sin and must return to that husband.

In the story about my Mother is in her whoredom and because of this she would or is acting as a whore.
Now she could repent and stop this and than she would no longer be in that sin.

On a personal note I don't look at you any different, I think you are with someone but either way I only see a Gorgeous Woman who seems to Love G-d. But even all that we all sin and Yes or No don't fit the bill most of the time.

Okay, the simplest way to say this is you either was sinning or you are sinning.

We all sin!
But if you had a marriage in G-ds Eyes you are living in sin and must return to that husband.

In the story about my Mother is in her whoredom and because of this she would or is acting as a whore.

On a personal note I don't look at you any different, I think you are with someone but either way I only see a Gorgeous Woman who seems to Love G-d. But even all that we all sin and Yes or No don't fit the bill most of the time.
This is all entirely bat shit crazy. Marriage is not restricted to those who have a personal relationship with God. A woman who marries and is faithful to that man is by no means in any way sinning within that relationship.

This is all entirely bat shit crazy. Marriage is not restricted to those who have a personal relationship with God. A woman who marries and is faithful to that man is by no means in any way sinning within that relationship.

1 Corinthians 7:14-16
King James Version​

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under "bondage"(
become servant, bring into bondage, be under bondage, given, make servant, in bondage)
in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

MeganC: Claims to have been a non-believer at the time of the "Marriage" based on 1 Corinthians 7:15 as a non-believer she is able to marry again. If she was a Believer or if He was a Believer this would be totally different.

Examples:

Non-Believing (Husband & Wife) could break up 1,000 times become saved and Marry a Believer and have their First Real Marriage.

Non-Believer and a Believer (Husband &Wife) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under Bondage/Marriage

Believing (Husband & Wife) Matthew 5:32 says “everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality makes her commit adultery.” So men can divorce but only if she cheats as women can't divorce.

Now your Claims:
This is all entirely bat shit crazy. Marriage is not restricted to those who have a personal relationship with God.
Possible, but she was a non believer so it is really irrelevant as nothing at that point could make her right with G-d.
But, the fact that she left and become a Believer it is in my belief she is okay.

So, it is also Possible that as a non-believer that she was not in whoredom that might be better applied "if" she had been a believer at the time and did not claim him or he claimed him as Husband and Wife. But again as non-believers that is also irrelevant.

So The Answer is it is Irrelevant she was lost and now she is found.

AbrahamSolomon said:

We all sin!

In this case they do. Please be bold and pick one.

So The Answer is it is Irrelevant she/you was lost and now she is found.

BRB, got stuff to do.

So The Answer is it is Irrelevant

Your answer is not irrelevant when you raised the question:

I'm pretty clear that at the start of my relationship with my husband I did not demonstrate a belief in God or a faith in God. I know you do not know me but those who do know me can attest to this.

So....since in your eyes I was not married to my husband when we started out then was I a whore?

You are so very bold with other questions I would appreciate seeing you demonstrate the same boldness with this one.

Be bold and be truthful. God would not have you any other way.

You use the imagery of a Lion, right? Then you should know this Scripture:

The wicked flee when no one is pursuing,
But the righteous are bold as a lion.

Proverbs 28:1

1 Corinthians 7:14-16​

King James Version​

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under "bondage"(
become servant, bring into bondage, be under bondage, given, make servant, in bondage)
in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

MeganC: Claims to have been a non-believer at the time of the "Marriage" based on 1 Corinthians 7:15 as a non-believer she is able to marry again. If she was a Believer or if He was a Believer this would be totally different.

Examples:

Non-Believing (Husband & Wife) could break up 1,000 times become saved and Marry a Believer and have their First Real Marriage.

Non-Believer and a Believer (Husband &Wife) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under Bondage/Marriage

Believing (Husband & Wife) Matthew 5:32 says “everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality makes her commit adultery.” So men can divorce but only if she cheats as women can't divorce.

Now your Claims:

Possible, but she was a non believer so it is really irrelevant as nothing at that point could make her right with G-d.
But, the fact that she left and become a Believer it is in my belief she is okay.

So, it is also Possible that as a non-believer that she was not in whoredom that might be better applied "if" she had been a believer at the time and did not claim him or he claimed him as Husband and Wife. But again as non-believers that is also irrelevant.

So The Answer is it is Irrelevant she was lost and now she is found.

AbrahamSolomon said:

We all sin!

What?

Your answer is not irrelevant when you raised the question:

I'm pretty clear that at the start of my relationship with my husband I did not demonstrate a belief in God or a faith in God. I know you do not know me but those who do know me can attest to this.

So....since in your eyes I was not married to my husband when we started out then was I a whore?

You are so very bold with other questions I would appreciate seeing you demonstrate the same boldness with this one.

Be bold and be truthful. God would not have you any other way.

You use the imagery of a Lion, right? Then you should know this Scripture:

When you said you had sex with a Married Man and called Him Husband this means Is past tense or same Husband?

If this was a Non-believing Couple/Marriage and not Blessed by G-d then it's not seen in the same light as if it was.

That sounds like what NickF said about you as well.
He’s actually trying to do you a favor. Despite us disagreeing, I still have a lot of respect for him and he’s right. There’s nuance and details you’re unaware of. And also… Megan will wreck you 😜

When you said you had sex with a Married Man and called Him Husband this means Is past tense or same Husband?

If this was a Non-believing Couple/Marriage and not Blessed by G-d then it's not seen in the same light as if it was.

Come on. Cowboy up and say Yes or No. Own it. ;)

Come on. Cowboy up and say Yes or No. Own it. ;)

If I had to just pick, I'd say (No.)
But, please understand that quick and simple might very well be wrong.

So you got the simple answer, but there are guidelines that are not a one fits all.

Ask soon as you say you had not been a Believer of G-d and that means you did not Know G-d
then G-d did not approve of a Marriage or its a Paper Cup Wedding because if you had been a Believer even a not so good one
you would be stuck to that husband for as long as he lived.

So, I am guessing The Revolting Man and Possible NickF disagree on something. But I do not see on what they say is wrong.

The Revolting Man
I am talking about if she leaves that man and marries another, is there only one husband or is there two?

Now lets say this is the same Husband and not two. Than there is no sin past or present, but it sounds as if she was with a Husband and is no longer with that husband.

Here are a few facts:

If a Believing Man and Woman are Married in G-ds Eyes they are Married.
If that Man finds out she is cheating he can put her away and she can not marry another as long as her husband is alive.

If you have a Believing Wife before or After and he is a Non-Believer she can not leave him at all.
This is because She is a Believer and under G-ds Laws as if her Husband was a Believer. But if The Non-Believing Husband leaves
than she is free as she is not under a Marriage any longer.

If you have two non-Believers then neither are Believers so both could walk away as neither have a G-d Binding Marriage.

And I was trying to find out how she fell into that guidelines.

If I had to just pick, I'd say (No.)
But, please understand that quick and simple might very well be wrong.

Good. If you want to claim the mantle of a Man then you have to be able to act like one. And you just did. My respect for you just went up a couple notches. ;)

You're also wrong. :)

I was very much a whore when I bedded down with the man who became my husband. In my heart it felt wrong, I had massive misgivings, I was doing it for very selfish and immature reasons, I did not love him and he was not in love with me either.

Love came in time and so did the marriage. It was a process that took place over time. But at the outset I felt like a whore, I called myself a concubine and a baby factory, and I almost never said I'd married my husband. I would say that I had joined my family. That's still an accurate description of my feelings from back then.

In the end it was not wrong because I had very fortunately been blessed not just with a good man but with a man who was equipped to make me own up to the commitment I had made to him. It was not easy those first few years because I had to learn what it meant to be a wife and a mother. Meanwhile he made sure I understood what he expected from me as his wife and the mother of his children.

In retrospect do I think I was a whore? Yep. Because that was what was in my heart. I was using Steve for my own selfish needs and desires.

Back