• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do you think there will be an increase of polygyny in Ukraine and Russia following the war?

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
We've had a lot of heated discussions regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Regardless of our views on the subject, many thousands of men are losing their lives in the conflict. The horror and tragedy of this senseless war is overwhelming.

A lot of children are being orphaned and women being widowed. Other women are losing the men that they would have married in the future.

I wonder what will come of it all. I'm sure some will live as uncovered women. That is harmful for their society. Other women will leave the country to marry outside men. That also has a negative impact on their society.

They probably should embrace polygyny.

Thoughts?

Probably not. Culture says it’s wrong so there probably will not be a big increase in it. Most people do not want to rock the boat and go against culture and society. So yeah, there will be a lot of widows and orphans.

In the US, the government has replaced men as heads of households and fathers to orphans. I do not know if Ukraine will become the same, but here poor and widowed women look to the federal government for help.

Probably not. Culture says it’s wrong so there probably will not be a big increase in it. Most people do not want to rock the boat and go against culture and society. So yeah, there will be a lot of widows and orphans.

In the US, the government has replaced men as heads of households and fathers to orphans. I do not know if Ukraine will become the same, but here poor and widowed women look to the federal government for help.
You are probably correct. Europe didn't embrace it following WW1 or WW2 where men died by the millions.

I do think that the cultural lie (of the taboo against polygyny) is starting to crack. More and more people are waking up to the truth.

You are probably correct. Europe didn't embrace it following WW1 or WW2 where men died by the millions.

I do think that the cultural lie (of the taboo against polygyny) is starting to crack. More and more people are waking up to the truth.
Until churches start telling the truth and stop being the gatekeeper for wrong doctrine, I don’t think there will be a big change or cracks against this taboo.

We've had a lot of heated discussions regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Regardless of our views on the subject, many thousands of men are losing their lives in the conflict. The horror and tragedy of this senseless war is overwhelming.

A lot of children are being orphaned and women being widowed. Other women are losing the men that they would have married in the future.

I wonder what will come of it all. I'm sure some will live as uncovered women. That is harmful for their society. Other women will leave the country to marry outside men. That also has a negative impact on their society.

They probably should embrace polygyny.

Thoughts?

I've previously said that the war would present opportunities for families to find plurals.

In Russia and Ukraine this may not end up being poly as we know it but more like men taking advantage and making kept women as their mistresses.

I've previously said that the war would present opportunities for families to find plurals.

In Russia and Ukraine this may not end up being poly as we know it but more like men taking advantage and making kept women as their mistresses.
Probably more women going into a life of prostitution too. 😟

The harm caused by the "monogamy only" lie is great.

Controversial thing to say, but did that perhaps happen because the "wrong" side won?
Nope.

According to my memory it is argument from essay "Feminism, Monogamy and Witchcraft" by
James Wesley Stivers in his book "Eros Made Sacred".

That's what happens when man wants multiple wives, but isn't allowed.
So in other words he will figure out a way to make it happen. And he doesn't even have to provide and take care of her like a wife.

Ya they're just going to be fed into the currently growing lost generation of old maids.

Back