• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do you think there will be an increase of polygyny in Ukraine and Russia following the war?

With current rate of Ukraine losses there won't be any working age male in next 2/3 years. So ladies may finish in even bigger families than 7 ladies per one man.

Last edited:
We've had a lot of heated discussions regarding the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Regardless of our views on the subject, many thousands of men are losing their lives in the conflict. The horror and tragedy of this senseless war is overwhelming.

A lot of children are being orphaned and women being widowed. Other women are losing the men that they would have married in the future.

I wonder what will come of it all. I'm sure some will live as uncovered women. That is harmful for their society. Other women will leave the country to marry outside men. That also has a negative impact on their society.

They probably should embrace polygyny.

Thoughts?
This is question is what motivates me. I am from Ukraine and I already feeling the need to fight against Russism. Since I did not join in that effort I think my contribution will be teaching polygyny to Christians. I am intending to move that after Ukrainian victory.

I started channel to share with Ukrainians truth of polygyny.
Good plan. There will be great need there following the war, and if you can make this information available in the Ukrainian language you may make a real difference in the lives of some people. This may turn out to be the major mission field of your life. Who else is there spreading this message specifically to Ukraine? I would guess almost nobody.

Who else is there spreading this message specifically to Ukraine? I would guess almost nobody.
I am sure you are right. and I would not mind if someone else with teaching skills will start doing it too. Plus my Ukrainian abilities are quite limited because after 25 years of living in USA, Ukrainian vocabulary level is insufficient but I trust God will use it.
if you can make this information available in the Ukrainian language you may make a real difference in the lives of some people. This may turn out to be the major mission field of your life.
This is my hope.

With current rate of Ukraine losses there won't be any working age male in next 2/3 years. So ladies may finish in even bigger families than 7 ladies per one man.
Get ready for them to be either the equivalent of war brides or airlifted to the U.S. to immediately be placed on welfare at a rate too tempting to ever leave.

Last edited:
One day I hope to reach level of quality and presentation of @PeteR . I have something to aim for. I am learning much from him.
Good for you that you're willing to put yourself out there to teach God's Truth.

I'm betting @PeteR writes at least an outline of what he's going to say in advance, then practices it before making the video he ultimately releases.

Also, I don't know if they have them everywhere, but in Pittsburgh there are many Ukrainian, etc., 'social clubs' frequented by Ukrainian immigrants. You might start speaking at such places as well.

Last edited:
@Transformator Reformator, although I can't understand Ukrainian, from a presentation perspective I'd suggest for the next video:
  • Put your camera on a tripod, or anything that will hold it, whatever you have lying around. Even if that's attaching your phone/camera to a branch using a clamp from the workshop or some tape. Then you don't have to think about it, and it won't wobble around distractingly, you can just stand in a relaxed manner and talk. This will cost nothing and actually be much easier.
  • Don't write out every word you intend to say and read it. Only write very brief notes just reminding you of the key points you want to make (and any key Ukrainian words you need to use which you are worried you might forget), which you can glance at only if you get stuck. Then simply talk about those things to the camera as if you're having a casual conversation with a normal person. You might find you never even look at your notes, but having them there will make you more confident. Given you're rusty in the language this will be more difficult than if you were fluent, and you will find yourself having to refer to your notes a lot at first, but just do the talk several times (maybe over several days) and you'll say it differently and slightly more fluently each time. Once you've got a video that sounds reasonably fluent use that one.
If you want help with this, just ask. There will be multiple people here who have experience with public speaking and video production who will be very willing to help with a worthy cause like this.

Good suggestions above. I'll add that after doing a podcast for a year, and making monthly to weekly guest appearances on podcasts and youtube channels, the main thing you need to know is you will suck terribly at first and that's ok. Just don't worry about it. Keep on working on it and you will get a lot better as time goes on. Your first videos will be awful, and you'll be embarrassed, forget about it. Just doing something is better than most people because most everyone does nothing with their lives. So keep on pressing forward and take any suggestions you can get as help in the right direction.

I heard today they are now drafting women ages 18-60 and talking of lowering the qualifiying age limit for both men and women.
If the Ukrainian government (and their globalist puppet masters) is truly sending women into the meat grinder of war, that is another indication of their utter depravity. This type of evil is almost unheard of in human history. The King of Heaven sees and will judge righteously.

With Ukraine now willing to sacrifice it's female population, it seems only female/male ratio will improve (looking from male perspective) in Ukraine's neighboors.

It does make one wonder how The Most High is going to handle the daughters he has over there. I've had a dream about my wife and I escaping Ukraine, traveling by train out of the country while under fire. At the end of the track we met up with a girl who was organizing the escapes in the beginning who was supposed to come home with us. In the beginning of the dream when they were organizing the escapes, the organizers were chosing families they would leave with.

Last edited:
With Ukraine now willing to sacrifice it's female population, it seems only female/male ratio will improve (looking from male perspective) in Ukraine's neighboors.
Something more than improving the female/male ratio is going to be required to move the needle of women rejecting polygyny, because almost every culture on Earth other than China (because of its previous longstanding one-child policy) has significantly more single women than single men.

Something more than improving the female/male ratio is going to be required to move the needle of women rejecting polygyny, because almost every culture on Earth other than China (because of its previous longstanding one-child policy) has significantly more single women than single men.
Common sense must prevail no matter how ruling class tries otherwise.

Demographic change plus massive economic collapse?

Back