• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Early Church Father's who don't condemn Polygany

I echo what others have said. Do not allow him to shift the focus of the discussion. It's a distraction and deflection. If he is claiming that he listens to the non-inspired and non-canonical writings and teachings of men and is making them the basis for his authority, then he is no better than the average RCC priest who says " I believe what my church teaches and my church teaches what I believe". It's a circular pattern and he is setting himself up for disigenuity.

Keep it scripture based ALONE. That is the only honest position to take. Don't take the bait. If he insists on only referring to these men, then let him know that he is going to have to be prepared to defend ALL of their viewpoints, not just picking and choosing based on convenience. Wesley and Spurgeon differed on sovereign election. How does he decide on who to side with in that matter? I'm guessing he would say that scripture would be his authority....so should it be with polygyny.

Back