• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Failed relationship

Rose of Sharon

Real Person
Female
It has taken me a while to post this but our relationship with sister wife fell through. Mostly due to her constant “no one can tell me what to do” attitude. She would not submit to hubby. He would make rules and she would not follow them or sneak around to break his rules. It always made me very uncomfortable. He gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking in the beginning and I am sure that he had hoped she would change but she never bended. She broke it off, I assume, and she thought could stay with us and still do what she wanted. I told her that she could not come back because she didn’t want to go by the rules set by Hubby. She went back to her Ex. Her Ex was talking to her over the phone during all this so it made it easier to leave our home. This really did a number on me and I told hubby that this ruined me in not pushing forward for another sister wife. It took some time but we had a long talk on how careful we are of the next woman that enters the picture. The biggest pet peeve for me was that she did not seek God or even want to. I mentioned to Hubby that the next woman who comes in needs to be a Christian woman who seeks to put God first. When hubby tried to talk to her about God, she rolled her eyes at him. She was my friend and had put God first in the past so I thought this would be a good relationship but obviously with what we experienced, she has changed. I saw that as a big red flag and very disrespectful with the eye roll. Well, that is my latest in my life and had to share.

Very sorry to hear this. I think you're right to proceed with caution if there is a next time. It's so important to truly get to know the character of the woman being brought in. Is she actually a Christian, willing to submit to husband and God's Word. I get that sometimes they can lie in order to get themselves into the home. Just shows we all need to be very careful. Sorry this has happened to you.

Very sorry to hear this. I think you're right to proceed with caution if there is a next time. It's so important to truly get to know the character of the woman being brought in. Is she actually a Christian, willing to submit to husband and God's Word. I get that sometimes they can lie in order to get themselves into the home. Just shows we all need to be very careful. Sorry this has happened to you.
Thank you. She constantly said on a daily basis that she would never submit to no man. Hubby did try to make it work but she would not budge at all.

Thank you. She constantly said on a daily basis that she would never submit to no man. Hubby did try to make it work but she would not budge at all.
I'm struggling to get my head around why he decided to actually make her a sisterwife despite her not being Christian and having this attitude.

Sorry to hear you're having to go though this. I'm sure the ladies will be a great support for you, and I hope your husband in particular learns a lot from this.

I'm struggling to get my head around why he decided to actually make her a sisterwife despite her not being Christian and having this attitude.

Sorry to hear you're having to go though this. I'm sure the ladies will be a great support for you, and I hope your husband in particular learns a lot from this.
At the very beginning, she did fast and mentioned God but that didn’t last not even after the first week of doing that. Hubby and I were given her true colors after that. We had thought that she was a “Christian.” We were very mislead and deceived.

Was submission brought up before marriage. In my opinion, all of these things need to be discussed well before committing to a lifetime of marriage.

Ask everything ahead of time. Even if it's uncomfortable to bring it up.
Yes, it was brought up before she even agreed. She kept addressing that I was a very submissive wife and always took care of hubby. She said at the beginning when she first came into the relationship that she would be my sister wife. After she was committed and she saw how much I served hubby, then she started with the “I will never be you and submit like you” attitude. She would tell me that he was my “God.”She couldn’t understand the level of servant hood that I have towards hubby. I told her that I do that out of love. She thought that he was so smitten with her that she was in charge. To the point that she told me on the way home one day, she could “tell” him not to see me or my children on her day. But she said that she wouldn’t do that to me. In her mind, she was in complete control over hubby. I did share that with him and he set her straight. He told her that he was always in control. He said that that is not how this relationship works.

It has taken me a while to post this but our relationship with sister wife fell through. Mostly due to her constant “no one can tell me what to do” attitude. She would not submit to hubby. He would make rules and she would not follow them or sneak around to break his rules.
This opens interesting questions. If she doesn't see usefulness of rules, she won't obey. Anyway, she seems like having untameable spirit. Good in this times, she will disobey all political crap imposed above.

She went back to her Ex. Her Ex was talking to her over the phone during all this so it made it easier to leave our home.
Lack of genuine desire from her side is most important unseen killer of this relationship. No woman when smitten on some man is willing to entertain attention of some other man.

I mentioned to Hubby that the next woman who comes in needs to be a Christian woman who seeks to put God first.
I doubt this is right lesson to be learned.

Independent spirit isn't made to be locked under ruleship. It requires different approach, way more cooperative.

Sadly, this is not all that uncommon.
The mouth writes checks that the mind refuses to cash.
People that are in need are exactly the same way, they promise anything and claim to walk the narrow way, but once they are settled in they suddenly become “I am a grown, man/woman, nobody is going to tell me what to do”.

In many cases it may be best to have a trial live-in relationship (NON SEXUAL) before the actual marriage to see if they can actually walk their talk.

Sadly, this is not all that uncommon.
The mouth writes checks that the mind refuses to cash.
People that are in need are exactly the same way, they promise anything and claim to walk the narrow way, but once they are settled in they suddenly become “I am a grown, man/woman, nobody is going to tell me what to do”.

In many cases it may be best to have a trial live-in relationship (NON SEXUAL) before the actual marriage to see if they can actually walk their talk.
I agree totally on that but sad to say that we had to walk this road before we came to this conclusion. A trial live-in relationship needs to happen before anything goes further. This relationship turned into “we learned our lesson” and what to do and not to do. Yes, we did grow from this.

It has taken me a while to post this but our relationship with sister wife fell through. Mostly due to her constant “no one can tell me what to do” attitude. She would not submit to hubby. He would make rules and she would not follow them or sneak around to break his rules. It always made me very uncomfortable. He gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking in the beginning and I am sure that he had hoped she would change but she never bended. She broke it off, I assume, and she thought could stay with us and still do what she wanted. I told her that she could not come back because she didn’t want to go by the rules set by Hubby. She went back to her Ex. Her Ex was talking to her over the phone during all this so it made it easier to leave our home. This really did a number on me and I told hubby that this ruined me in not pushing forward for another sister wife. It took some time but we had a long talk on how careful we are of the next woman that enters the picture. The biggest pet peeve for me was that she did not seek God or even want to. I mentioned to Hubby that the next woman who comes in needs to be a Christian woman who seeks to put God first. When hubby tried to talk to her about God, she rolled her eyes at him. She was my friend and had put God first in the past so I thought this would be a good relationship but obviously with what we experienced, she has changed. I saw that as a big red flag and very disrespectful with the eye roll. Well, that is my latest in my life and had to share.
The one thing that you can take away from this experience is that you gave her the chance, in fact you sacrificed for her chance, to have good headship and a family that would love her and assist her to become the person that Yah dreams that she could be.

That she chose to reject it does not indicate that you made the wrong decision in accepting her.

….as unto the Lord….

What kind of situation did she come out of. I feel like some people will say anything to get out of their current situation, maybe a bad situation, and appease the minds of the family they’re trying to join. Something to think about next time.

That is such sad news, yet as others have already said, it is not uncommon. Your situation reminds me of God Himself being abandoned by His wives who would not submit to Him. And we know many have and will in the future reject Jesus Christ. May Almighty God comfort your hearts and bless you in His time with more women as He wills. 🙏

What kind of situation did she come out of. I feel like some people will say anything to get out of their current situation, maybe a bad situation, and appease the minds of the family they’re trying to join. Something to think about next time.
She had already come from broken abusive marriages. Her own children were placed in each fathers hands by her when they left for other women and she had no family to help support her. Even the shelters warned her not to bring her children with her because they said it was not safe. She then asked the father off her children to take them so she could get back on her feet but that went against her in the end. Her last marriage that which she had no children was abusive as well. She said that when she moved with us, she was no longer fearful and had peace. She said that it was the first time in her life that she had no more drama and she was happy.

She had already come from broken abusive marriages. Her own children were placed in each fathers hands by her when they left for other women and she had no family to help support her. Even the shelters warned her not to bring her children with her because they said it was not safe. She then asked the father off her children to take them so she could get back on her feet but that went against her in the end. Her last marriage that which she had no children was abusive as well. She said that when she moved with us, she was no longer fearful and had peace. She said that it was the first time in her life that she had no more drama and she was happy.
Well that may be your answer. She may have lied and just told you what you wanted to hear just so she could escape her past and get into your family. Sounds like she has had a very difficult past. Plus if she was financially unable to provide for herself, that would give her even more incentive to talk her way into your home by whatever means necessary.

Well that may be your answer. She may have lied and just told you what you wanted to hear just so she could escape her past and get into your family. Sounds like she has had a very difficult past. Plus if she was financially unable to provide for herself, that would give her even more incentive to talk her way into your home by whatever means necessary.
My experience is that they usually believe what they are saying in that moment.
They just don’t have the depth of character to maintain the new person that they have chosen to be.

Back