• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fatherhood at an advanced age?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
WEB MD
“Over the last 4 decades, the number of men older than 40 who father a child has more than doubled. But only recently have researchers begun to explore what impact a dad's age may have on his unborn children.”

So what is reasonable?

In true Forum fashion we have gone from discussing how young a wife can be to, how old a father can be. ;)

For me, I think it is best that a father is young enough to be around for his child's formative years, till at least 18. And hopefully, be in good health to do things with his children.

WEB MD
“Over the last 4 decades, the number of men older than 40 who father a child has more than doubled. But only recently have researchers begun to explore what impact a dad's age may have on his unborn children.”

So what is reasonable?

Average ages of people getting married is now 30+.

You get married, start working, and then you buy a house, and by the time you're ready for kids you're forty.

Which is of course unreasonable. But the same a-holes saying not to have kids after forty are the same a-holes saying don't get married "too young".

The sum of which is to tell people not to get married at all.

In true Forum fashion we have gone from discussing how young a wife can be to, how old a father can be.
Yeah, I figured why not go there?

Risk of genetic malformities increases with age of either parent. Statistical significance begins to be seen past the father's age of 40 or mother's age of 35. But, that is not to say that it is an alarming increase; just noticeable. Neither is that to say that aged people should not multiply. Just a factor to be aware of.

To not mess with this conversation this conversation, I’m going to start the discussion about motherhood on another thread.

With the young having fertility issues (and my sw knows 4 in their 20's 2 men 2 women....and she doesn't know that many people) healthy older folks having kids seems WAAAYYY less disturbing to me.

One of my sisters even took something to conceive her third.

I'm glad I have a family....and didn't need drugs.

With the young having fertility issues (and my sw knows 4 in their 20's 2 men 2 women....and she doesn't know that many people) healthy older folks having kids seems WAAAYYY less disturbing to me.

One of my sisters even took something to conceive her third.

I'm glad I have a family....and didn't need drugs.
The "clot shot" appears to be contributing to reproductive problems.

Most of us "over 40" guys here have at least avoided that. 😁

The "clot shot" appears to be contributing to reproductive problems.

Most of us "over 40" guys here have at least avoided that. 😁
I'm sure it's doing what it was designed to.
I'm very glad you and others said no to being a guinea pig.

It's sad how many listen and allow sterilization other ways too.
A woman may be sold an 'oblation' as a solution to heavy periods. It is burning and scarring the uterus and often makes conceiving impossible....not fertilization....just implantation and successful pregnancy. I know of women in their 20's and 30's told hysterectomy was best. They never had children.

The only doctors recommending having children are those in the business of "helping" that happen. On the overall, the medical profession discourages families by scare tactics and exorbitant costs.

I'm sure it's doing what it was designed to.
I'm very glad you and others said no to being a guinea pig.

It's sad how many listen and allow sterilization other ways too.
A woman may be sold an 'oblation' as a solution to heavy periods. It is burning and scarring the uterus and often makes conceiving impossible....not fertilization....just implantation and successful pregnancy. I know of women in their 20's and 30's told hysterectomy was best. They never had children.

The only doctors recommending having children are those in the business of "helping" that happen. On the overall, the medical profession discourages families by scare tactics and exorbitant costs.
The medical professional is very badly off track.

Then again, the educational professions, the agricultural and food industries, and religious experts aren't doing very well either.

Come to think of it, almost everything in our society seems to be headed in the totally wrong direction.

At least we don't have to play along. 👍

It could very well be, but you may have meant ‘compounding’?
That too 👍
I did mean "confounding" in that part of what they consider to be caused by age is actually caused by poor health instead.

They could design the experiment in a way that helps minimize this by controlling for health. Instead of just getting a random group of men in their 30'-60's, they could also measure the percentage of body fat in all of the men, and measuring the testosterone levels in all of them. That would help them differentiate between reproductive problems caused by age, obesity,.and low T.

Risk of genetic malformities increases with age of either parent. Statistical significance begins to be seen past the father's age of 40 or mother's age of 35. But, that is not to say that it is an alarming increase; just noticeable. Neither is that to say that aged people should not multiply. Just a factor to be aware of.
But why? Correlation or causation? And has it always been this way? I’m skeptical of most “facts” surrounding birth, as “they” also say that the more children you have the more risk for heart attacks..🙄

“Still, study coauthor Michael Eisenberg, an associate professor of urology, assures older dads that even with advanced paternal age, the odds having a baby with these health problems are still small, comparing it to winning a terrible lottery.

“If you buy two lottery tickets instead of one, your chances of winning double, so it’s increased by 100%,” Eisenberg said in a statement. “But that’s a relative increase. Because your chance of winning the lottery started very small, it’s still unlikely that you’re going to win the lottery.””

It is ideal to have children when you are younger than that, for many practical reasons. But still better to have children anytime than not at all.
To what does your ’that’ refer?

Back