• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Foods that we eat?!

Asia: For interest's sake,

Safflower oil will still develop trans fats when heated. The only "vegetable" oil which does not is coconut oil. While it is more expensive, it has multiple other health benefits as well. Do a bit of research online. It is really quite astonishing!

However, I agree that sunflower seeds are wonderful. I make "milk by putting raw almonds and sunflower seeds (sometimes raw pumpkin seeds as well) in the blender with water. Nice if you can give them time to soak first, but not mandatory. Tastes great.

Oh, there are a few things that do not seem to fit well with coconut oil. For instance, some folks don't like the scent or flavor of eggs fried or scrambled in it. In those instances, butter is probably the healthiest alternative, followed by olive oil.

Olive oil is so healthy, particularly unheated, that there are cultures who consider it a medication. some even drink it straight, as a beverage. I'm not there, but will admit that eggs with caraway seeds mixed in then scrambled in the most flavorful olive oil I can find is highly delicious.

Some of those other things you mentioned, such as the spirulina, have been of great help to me as well.

On the flax seed ... you can get a pretty decent electric coffee grinder from Walmart for around $10. It's basically a very high speed, small capacity blender that will reduce the beans to powder, or a rougher grind, depending on how long you let it run. Most of my family members have them and use them to grind their flax seed right when needed. They say it preserves the nutrients better. I also use mine to grind nuts and seeds if I want to include them in cooking. One experiment which actually worked pretty well was to grind beans into powder before cooking to see if they would cook faster. *shrug* It's fun to experiment.
How about Ghee oil or butter, is it healthy?
We ended up getting a family cow for better milk things. She produces almost 2 gal per milking. Raw whole milk os quite different than homogenized (broken and more toxic) and pasteurized (dead enzime) milk.
I see a pattern, dead food for gaining higher profits? The med industry is standing by to treat us while fleecing us too..
Here a 2 minute ER doc visit and 1 x ray is 7500 dollars. Crazy..

Last edited:
How about Ghee oil or butter, is it healthy?
We ended up getting a family cow for better milk things. She produces almost 2 gal per milking. Raw whole milk os quite different than homogenized (broken and more toxic) and pasteurized (dead enzime) milk.
I see a pattern, dead food for gaining higher profits? The med industry is standing by to treat us while fleecing us too..
Here a 2 minute ER doc visit and 1 x ray is 7500 dollars. Crazy..
You've really done the homestead thing. I'm jealous!

Back