• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Goin' Live

Full disclosure here:

If you sign up for an account, your email is stored on the server database, unencrypted. I hope I have earned the trust of everyone to not divulge and/or abuse that information. If however anyone is concerned about disclosing that to a perfect stranger, you might want to consider creating a new personal email that you can then submit. We (as in I myself) want to have the email, in the event that you forget your password, I can send you a reset link. I am not interested in using that email myself, unless I need to communicate with a user that their behavior is unacceptable or they are not eligible to use the service. If I can come up with a way to hide that information, I will incorporate that into the website.

You would be an unlikely hacking target but leaving personal data unencrypted is not a good idea.

You would be an unlikely hacking target but leaving personal data unencrypted is not a good idea.
OK, I am not storing the email, but the form that the email info is collecting the email data from, does store it in a database. I need to see if I can wipe that from the database without causing problems for users who forget their passwords.

EDIT: So I use the email to capture the other information that is entered on Sign up, and identify it to the user who just filled out the Sign up form, and that information goes into a separate table that does not contain the email. PHP has a command which retrieves the user's info, including email, so I can identify which form was filled out by that user. I would prefer to work with the user id, but the RegistrationMagic Plugin does not capture that information. I don't even have an API to work with for that plugin. So I suspect that if the user clicks on Forgot Password, that information is stored somewhere where Registration Magic can retrieve it, because I seriously doubt that the table where I am finding this information, is very useful to the plugin.

When you filled out the form, it went straight to my email, and I don't have a set of table entries, because I was using WeForms at the time. Those stupid forms would require me to enter all that information by hand, and I would like to keep myself removed from that process. So if you are wondering why your information is not in the system, there you have it. You should be able to sign up again and have an account that you can work with, if you decide to do so at this time, although considering your current situation, I fully understand why you might want to refrain from doing so. I am using test accounts, so I can play with those myself.

Also, I had the option of using WPForms Lite or paying for WPForms Pro, but WPForms Lite doesn't really do what I want it to do, and any plugin that I will have to pay for out of pocket, will have to wait until I can monetize the website.

Last edited:
OK, so I was able to verify that I can in fact remove the email entries from the table, and it will still email you a reset link if you forget your password, so everyone can rest assured that I will not keep your personal email in any table that I have access to. How Registration magic does this is most likely through a PHP call that can return the email address of the currently logged in user, which is only available to the user that is logged in. Now, if a new user sets up an account, the tables will only hold onto the email address long enough to match the user with the information that the user entered, and my PHP script will automatically remove the email address from both tables.

Havin some fun with emojis. I thought I might try to add a couple, so if you are a man and you check to see if anyone has shown interest in you, and none of the ladies have expressed interest, you will se a sad face. :( Now if you are a woman, and that happens to you, you will see the emoji with a shocked face. PHP is so cool!

I changed the blob to a medium blob, so that it will hold 16M instead of 64K. My picture posted using only 64K without any issues, but I have seen other pictures that didn't turn out so well, so you know who you are; go ahead and try to upload your picture again. It should accomodate better now.

Last edited:
So I have been working on the Chat feature, because of course, you can't build a relationship with someone if you cannot communicate with them in some way, shape or form. I want it to work like Facebook Messenger, where you have chat bubbles, but the coloration is pink for messages sent by the woman, and blue for messages sent by the man. I need to make some changes though, because the UX right now is horrendous! If a user hits Enter, it will add the message they typed, to the conversation, but it refreshes the entire page. If they hit Enter again, it will repeat the same message, which is not a good thing.

So I poked around a little bit, and it turns out I can use jQuery and AJAX to interact with a PHP, which will handle the interface with the database. The jQuery can then append the <li> to the <ul>, but I need to have a periodic refresh mechanism, because when the other user enters a message, the script will need to check to see when that message gets added to the database. In order to do this, I will have to break out the PHP into separate PHP functions that can handle the POST and the GET, and I will need to add to columns to the Matches table, to allow the script to see if there are new unread messages from either the Male or the Female. Since each message is sequenced, I will use the sequence number to keep track of what messages have been read, so that the user can be notified in the event that they get a response.

So, it looks kinda funky right now. There is a message at the top that says "Coming Soon", but it is sorta there, sorta not. Like I can start a conversation with any women who expresses interest in me, but right now, she has no notification or ability to respond with messages of her own, so I want to create a notification on the Welcome page, that will allow a user to see if there are any new messages from a potential future husband or wife, and from there, they can enter a Chat session with that potential mate. However, when there is a conversation going on, the look of chat bubbles will be something everyone who uses it, will be familiar with. I may need to find somewhere else to keep the CSS, and also, I am not seeing the bottom corner rounded out in conversations, the way it should be, and I am not sure why.

I have never used jQuery or AJAX before (shocker, I know), so this will be a good learning experience for me, that I can use to get side freelance gigs on other websites that I may have the opportunity to work on.

The thing is, for the coloration to work right, I need the CSS to be wrapped in PHP, because it is based on the users gender. If the user is female, the pink will be for the messages on the right hand side, and the blue will be on the left side, and vice versa if the gender of the user is male.

I pray you all success with this wonderful resource! I wish it had been around in 2008! :D

I pray you all success with this wonderful resource! I wish it had been around in 2008! :D
If my church or any follower of Christ had been truthful with me about polygamy, I might have been in the fold back then. Funny thing is, I was always known as the Biblically knowledgeable guy in our Bible Study group/Sunday School class. So one of the fellow classmates came to me one Sunday morning and he asked me directly about polygamy, and I told him truthfully that there is nothing in the Bible against it, except for the bishop, deacon or elder, but that we should follow the laws of the land. So that was me back then, resorting to the "Law of the Land" argument. Yeah, I knew it was a weak argument back then, but I also told him that this is something we should think about on the foreign mission field where men have come to Christ, who already have more than one wife, and he agreed with me that we shouldn't tell them to divorce their wives. I also knew that there was really no justification for voting for laws that make polygamy illegal, from a Christian perspective, so that's funny when I look back at it now!

The thing is, for the coloration to work right, I need the CSS to be wrapped in PHP, because it is based on the users gender. If the user is female, the pink will be for the messages on the right hand side, and the blue will be on the left side, and vice versa if the gender of the user is male.
Well, the things you learn with practice! Who knew? You can assign an element to multiple classes, and it will absorb the styles of both!

....and the Chat feature is (finally) working right. I spent a lot of time on my vacation, getting that thing to work, beating my head against the wall in the process, but now.... OK, I have some test accounts I have tried it out on, and the UX is 1000 times better.

Now I gotta set up the Rate Conversation feature, and I need to add the ability to go back and continue a conversation, after leaving, when the other person has not yet responded. Well, for now, I will leave it, "AS IS", but I have thought about how to go about adding that capability. Oh! I also added a "New Messages" on the Welcome page, but I want to fix that to where it will only show up when there are actually new messages to view.

One more thing, and I think I have the site to where I really want to start "spreading the word", now that I have that Chat feature working. When a user browses and doesn't find any potential future wives or families to join, which I am sure the former is a more likely scenario, I want to add the Social media buttons to encourage them to share with friends and family. Yeah, that could be dicey, so I'm not sure who would actually do that, but I need to put some sort of message to let them know that right now, there aren't any females that have signed up.

I also need to do some research into Registration Magic, to see if it records MAC addresses (I'm pretty sure that it does), so that I can detect if a single user is creating multiple accounts, so I can shut out any fakes. I spent some time with a fellow who has three wives this past week, and he told me that a lot of dating/matchmaking sites don't want to shut down fake accounts, because it artificially balloons the prospects that their users think are available, but I don't want to see any of that going on on this site.

One thing that I was warned about, is that with the Biden fake administration, there could be real consequences if I refuse to allow trans, homosexuals, lesbians, etc. to use the site. I'm not sure how I will be able to enforce the policy I have set up, but if I come across some of that, I might have to get a bit creative.

One thing that I was warned about, is that with the Biden fake administration, there could be real consequences if I refuse to allow trans, homosexuals, lesbians, etc. to use the site. I'm not sure how I will be able to enforce the policy I have set up, but if I come across some of that, I might have to get a bit creative.

I'd just borrow some inspiration from people who do this: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

I made a subtle but important change to handle communicating with other users. Instead of passing the user id through the URL, which anyone could use and abuse if they wanted to, I transitioned to using the POST method, which means that attempting to add ?[parameter name removed]=<number of the user assignment> to the URL, will get you nowhere. So if you don't want to talk with someone, they can't use that trick to harass you. Now I will add some features that will enable you to change your mind if you want to give someone a second or third or fourth chance, etc., but if they are blocked, they are blocked.

That was a royal pain for the Message notification, which will appear in the Welcome page, because I wanted it to create hyperlinks for each user that has left a message for you, but HTML is funny in that it only likes to use the GET method, rather than the post method. Also, I had the quirkiest issue, where the chat feature stopped working, and when I looked at the page source, it indicated that there was a backslash (/) where it didn't belong. This is due to a version of HTML where you can close a tag by ending it with that / character. The Javascript was instead passing that character as part of the user ID. Funny thing how all this technical mumbo jumbo can mess things up, when put into practice, where either the browser doesn't pick it up, or the hosting site doesn't allow that, whether that is a Wordpress restriction or what have you.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any sovereign entities besides California that have codified such rules; perhaps you could just exclude membership from those who post as being from California.

I'm not aware of any sovereign entities besides California that have codified such rules; perhaps you could just exclude membership from those who post as being from California.

I believe I read somewhere once about lawyers suing websites over non-ADA compliance; could be mixed up in that. And I believe the Dems are making moves to expand the protected classes to include sexual orientation.

I believe I read somewhere once about lawyers suing websites over non-ADA compliance; could be mixed up in that. And I believe the Dems are making moves to expand the protected classes to include sexual orientation.
And transgenderism, but I'm unaware that anyone but California has codified it. In that state, you can be prosecuted for turning down a date because you find out someone is transgendered. Of thus we were informed on OK Cupid back when I was on it.

And transgenderism, but I'm unaware that anyone but California has codified it. In that state, you can be prosecuted for turning down a date because you find out someone is transgendered. Of thus we were informed on OK Cupid back when I was on it.

We are in the early stages of making it illegal to turn down these cross dressers even at the same time that they are making moves to make it illegal for men to ask women out.

We are in the early stages of making it illegal to turn down these cross dressers even at the same time that they are making moves to make it illegal for men to ask women out.
Seriously? There is proposed legislation that criminalizes asking a woman out? That’s insane :confused:

Seriously? There is proposed legislation that criminalizes asking a woman out? That’s insane :confused:
A great deal of the sexual harassment legislation effectively does just that, especially any that includes language about it being harassment simply if the woman feels uncomfortable as a result of a man's advances or even just his supposed non-verbal communication.

A large proportion of colleges and universities also now require that males make out-loud verbal requests for advance permission that include expression of eventual intention before being permitted to embark further in their courtship; that includes such non-physical endeavors like going out on a date, because if a man asks a woman to go have coffee with him and he doesn't indicate prior to the meeting that he might have some interest in pursuing a relationship he can be accused within the university disciplinary systems of predatory misrepresentation. Those who don't know me should be reminded that I formerly ran dormitories for various universities. This movement began in the mid-1980s (thanks to a 'marriage' between fundamentalist Christians and radical feminists) and has only gotten exponentially worse ever since; it has everything to do with why the students at institutions of higher education have, since then, gone from being 60% male to 65% female. I fought that crap everywhere it popped up, but progressives dominate at 98% of all such institutions, perhaps most especially at so-called church schools.

Back