• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from Brazil. I'm happy to join this group.

After years of terrible relationships, I went celibate for almost 2 years and that's when I found my wife at the end of my spiritual cleanse and fast.
In my understanding, being celibate is to abstain from sex. It doesn’t include refraining from contact with the opposite sex.
Is your meaning that you avoided females entirely during that time, or just stopped having sex during that time?

In my understanding, being celibate is to abstain from sex. It doesn’t include refraining from contact with the opposite sex.
Is your meaning that you avoided females entirely during that time, or just stopped having sex during that time?
I abstained from all sexual contact with women and myself. I also did not have any romantic talks or communications with the opposite sex, I did have normal casual conversations with family and work associates. There were women who made advances towards me, but I politely turned them down or avoided them. I spent 1 solid year of praying, meditating and fasting. lost 160lbs (I was a big boy back then). When I felt I was done with my journey after almost 2 years, healthy in mind and body, I met my wife @Kat8 by chance at the local grocery store. She had also just completed a 1.5 yearlong self-healing journey as well and we felt like God aligned us together at the perfect time and place.

Last edited:
I abstained from all sexual contact with women and myself. I also did not have any romantic talks or communications with the opposite sex, I did have normal casual conversations with family and work associates. There were women who made advances towards me, but I politely turned them down or avoided them. I spent 1 solid year of praying, meditating and fasting. lost 160lbs (I was a big boy back then). When I felt I was done with my journey after almost 2 years, healthy in mind and body, I met my wife @Kat8 by chance at the local grocery store. She had also just completed a 1.5 yearlong self-healing journey as well and we felt like God aligned us together at the perfect time and place.
Thanks for sharing your story

Welcome.

On the contrary, here it is difficult to find a good woman to marry. Most women live in prostitution that's right church women.
Also, I should mention that female hypergamy in Brazil is at a high level. In Brazil, they usually leave their husbands when they find another richer man.

Pro tip: that's all women unless you live in a society which actively fights against it.

Nor many of them left.

Back