• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Greetings from Wisconsin!

katykat

Female
Hi everyone! My name is Kate, and my master is Dean. He has an aversion to all things technological, so for right now it’s just me here. Dean took me as his woman about a year ago, after I was divorced the year before.

I became a “Christian” when I was about 28 years old after spending my entire life, previously immersed in feminism and all the trappings of the modern world. I had a vague idea that a woman was supposed to submit to her husband, but it was never anything I put into practice.

Until I met Dean that is. I call him an immovable force of masculinity. He was 44 and unmarried when we met and he resigned himself to bachelorhood because of the lack of women who loved the Lord and were also going to submit. eventually, it became clear that if I wanted to be his woman I needed to submit, in ALL ways, just as the Bible says. As I started to investigate biblical submission, I started to see polygyny content as well. The evidence is irrefutable that polygyny is lawful in the biblical worldview. I actually brought up the subject to Dean, if only because it illustrated another way in which feminism has subverted the biblical truth and demonized the male God-given sexuality. What was most revolutionary for me, was the idea that ownership in a marriage only goes one way, from him to me. I don’t have ownership over him, nor his righteous relationships with other women if he so chooses. I wouldn’t say that he is actively looking for another wife at this moment, but it is some thing that we are open till if it is Yah’s will. (I will mention that in the midst of this study on biblical polygyny, Dean and I both came to an understanding that following Torah was how he wanted us to walk out our faith)

I greatly appreciate the honesty, the candor, and the authenticity with which so many people have shared their stories and experiences. It’s been an encouragement to us both, and I look forward in participating in the community further. Maybe I can even convince Dean to come on as well.

Hi everyone! My name is Kate, and my master is Dean. He has an aversion to all things technological, so for right now it’s just me here. Dean took me as his woman about a year ago, after I was divorced the year before.

I became a “Christian” when I was about 28 years old after spending my entire life, previously immersed in feminism and all the trappings of the modern world. I had a vague idea that a woman was supposed to submit to her husband, but it was never anything I put into practice.

Until I met Dean that is. I call him an immovable force of masculinity. He was 44 and unmarried when we met and he resigned himself to bachelorhood because of the lack of women who loved the Lord and were also going to submit. eventually, it became clear that if I wanted to be his woman I needed to submit, in ALL ways, just as the Bible says. As I started to investigate biblical submission, I started to see polygyny content as well. The evidence is irrefutable that polygyny is lawful in the biblical worldview. I actually brought up the subject to Dean, if only because it illustrated another way in which feminism has subverted the biblical truth and demonized the male God-given sexuality. What was most revolutionary for me, was the idea that ownership in a marriage only goes one way, from him to me. I don’t have ownership over him, nor his righteous relationships with other women if he so chooses. I wouldn’t say that he is actively looking for another wife at this moment, but it is some thing that we are open till if it is Yah’s will. (I will mention that in the midst of this study on biblical polygyny, Dean and I both came to an understanding that following Torah was how he wanted us to walk out our faith)

I greatly appreciate the honesty, the candor, and the authenticity with which so many people have shared their stories and experiences. It’s been an encouragement to us both, and I look forward in participating in the community further. Maybe I can even convince Dean to come on as well.
Racine transplant to NC here. Glad to have you on!

That’s such a great story! I love the expression “an immovable force of masculinity”. Such a great way of describing it. I would describe my husband that same way. Mr.S (my lord and master) and I are new to all of this too. It’s exciting to have so many others to walk out this journey with. Welcome! I would love to chat with you more (once we are both allowed to private chat that is) if your up for it.

Welcome!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing with us.

Greetings and thanks for the awesome intro. Glad you found the truth and are prepared to live it out - being a doer of the word.

I loved your description, "demonized the male God-given sexuality ". unfortunately, this is so prevalent among Christians.

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome from wacky Washington state.

I have to slightly disagree where you say that ownership in marriage is only one directional.

The Bible teaches that the wife does have a type of ownership of the husband in 1st Cor. 7. We recognize that it is a different kind of ownership than that of the husband over the wife. It is a non-exclusive ownership (polygyny is permitted), but it is still real.

Christ owns me as a man, but in some way I also own Him as my Master, Lord, Savior, and King. I am His, and He is mine.

He is also the Master, Lord, Savior, and King of many others.

It is the "ownership" of being owned.

The wife is similarly owned by the husband, but somehow also owns him (non-exclusively).

As Song of Solomon 2:16 says, "My beloved is mine, and I am his".

Welcome from wacky Washington state.

I have to slightly disagree where you say that ownership in marriage is only one directional.

The Bible teaches that the wife does have a type of ownership of the husband in 1st Cor. 7. We recognize that it is a different kind of ownership than that of the husband over the wife. It is a non-exclusive ownership (polygyny is permitted), but it is still real.

Christ owns me as a man, but in some way I also own Him as my Master, Lord, Savior, and King. I am His, and He is mine.

He is also the Master, Lord, Savior, and King of many others.

It is the "ownership" of being owned.

The wife is similarly owned by the husband, but somehow also owns him (non-exclusively).

As Song of Solomon 2:16 says, "My beloved is mine, and I am his".
I don’t see an ownership of a master by one who is owned. Other than the idea that the master has exclusive rights over you.
In that way he is your own, as compared to other masters.

I don’t see an ownership of a master by one who is owned. Other than the idea that the master has exclusive rights over you.
We don't fully understand it, but the text indicates that something of the sort exists.

The wife has the right to be protected, provided for, and mated with. Those are legitimate claims.

Maybe it is like freedom. The free-est man is the one who is most completely submitted to, and trusts in Christ (by whom and for whom he was made, Colossians 1:16 ). The slave of Christ is also free. He whom the Son sets free is free indeed.

The free-est woman is the one who most completely submits to, and trusts in her head (husband) for whom she was made (Genesis 2:18).

I think covenant and headship always operate something like this. My earthly father owns me as his son (and my brother and sister similarity). I own him as my father. I am always required to honor him, and he was required to train me up in the ways of God.

I think covenant and headship always operate something like this. My earthly father owns me as his son (and my brother and sister similarity). I own him as my father. I am always required to honor him, and he was required to train me up in the ways of God.
the idea that the master has exclusive rights over you.
I think that we mean the same thing.

Back