• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the chilly Midwest

B1070

Female
Hi y'all. My name is Becca and I'm a 22 year old from the Midwest.

I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit. I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)

I guess this post was just to introduce myself and if anyone has any tips as coming in as a second wife, any Biblically sound resources (books, scripture, podcasts, sermons etc.) Also I would love to make new friends and gain wisdom from families who have been down this path, or anyone going through a path similar to mine!

God Bless!

Shalom and welcome.

Welcome! Best thing I can suggest is to get reading on the forum and see if you can attend a retreat! Also, join the women's group chat on Mondays. There's a bunch of great women in that group who can give you advice.

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the site! coming to the forum to outreach is a good idea and good to start with information on polygyny! there are lots of people who have good information on here! Me and my wife are both on the same page about polygyny and have been seeking for another wife for some time now. we also live in the midwest! as far as information goes there is lots on this website and your welcome to talk to us for fellowship and ask questions about scriptural backings for polygny!

Hi Becca, and welcome!

I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit. I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)

I guess this post was just to introduce myself and if anyone has any tips as coming in as a second wife, any Biblically sound resources (books, scripture, podcasts, sermons etc.) Also I would love to make new friends and gain wisdom from families who have been down this path, or anyone going through a path similar to mine!

God Bless!

Hi Becca.

Welcome! I am also from the Midwest (Michigan).

Good to hear you are exploring polygyny and are seeking to educate yourself further on this topic.

Here are some Biblically sound resources to get you started (I'll not give too many so as not to overwhelm you):

Books (can order on Amazon)
Man and Woman in Biblical Law, a Patriarchal Manifesto - Tom Shipley
Authority, Headship and Family Structure (According to Moses) - Peter R. Rambo, Sr.
The Monogamy Lie - Maurice Nelson

Sites
https://www.righteouswarriors.com/controversial/article3.html (Biblical Patriarchy)
* https://www.righteouswarriors.com/controversial/article4.html (Biblical Polygyny)
http://christianpoly.org/
* http://christianpoly.org/bookreview.php (Poly book reviews)

Blogs
https://megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/2009/ (Her story of joining a polygynous family. Known as MeganC on this forum.)

These are resources I've read and studied myself traveling on this path. I pray you find them useful and that Yah will give you eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to understand.

Patrick

Welcome!
I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever.
Most of us don't have any background with it, but our children have been raised with an understanding that it is moral, and now some practical understanding is likely to develop as we have chosen to live it.
I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit.
I can kind of understand you saying this. The idea does NOT appeal to most, so when you do like the idea....and you can't shake thinking it's a good one, offering a lovely reality? A call is kind of what it is.
I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends.
In the first conversation I had with a single gal years ago her first question was if our children knew of our interest. I said "Yes, and the first question they have about gals I talk to is "Is she real?""
I was always outspoken about this understanding. Very few that have known me for long are unaware.

I hope you have peace and leading in your search, and find all you hope for.

Welcome!
I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit.
I'm in a similar situation as you are, I can understand the difficulty of "finding the right fit." One thing i've noticed is the longer I interact on the forums, the more I open my heart and mind to things, the more my views of what I originally wanted have begun to shift. So don't feel discouraged because you never know where you may end up eventually "fitting in."
I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)
I know this forum "isn't a dating site" but having personally experienced the drama of actual dating sites in comparison to the couples on this forum, this forum is far superior. There are many couples on here who are serious about polygamy, who won't waste your time and there are many friends to be made as well.

Last edited:
I know this forum "isn't a dating site" but having personally experienced the drama of actual dating sites in comparison to the couples on this forum, this forum is far superior. There are many couples on here who are serious about polygamy, who won't waste your time and there are many friends to be made as well.
I agree as far as finding serious people...and friends here.
I am more then willing to visit, but I know my husband would be thinking of our 23 year old son if he met someone Becca's age....especially if such a gal was practical, family minded, etc.
Don't discount the unmarried men, especially if they were raised by the class of patriarchal men that frequent this forum. You might have to wait for a sisterwife if you start off as a first wife, but a good man makes a good husband, monogamous or polygynous.

I agree as far as finding serious people...and friends here.
I am more then willing to visit, but I know my husband would be thinking of our 23 year old son if he met someone Becca's age....especially if such a gal was practical, family minded, etc.
Don't discount the unmarried men, especially if they were raised by the class of patriarchal men that frequent this forum. You might have to wait for a sisterwife if you start off as a first wife, but a good man makes a good husband, monogamous or polygynous.
You are so right!

Back