• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the chilly Midwest

What the tribe thinks matters. This is a problem in monogamy. You think all is fine and good but then the moment the honeymoon phase is over and she starts to pull away there is a chorus of people egging her on to burn it all down and willing to aid her.

With polygamy they just start the push early. Both situations are a problem.
World would be better place without enemies of relationships. It is hard enough without them.

Hi y'all. My name is Becca and I'm a 22 year old from the Midwest.

I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit. I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)

I guess this post was just to introduce myself and if anyone has any tips as coming in as a second wife, any Biblically sound resources (books, scripture, podcasts, sermons etc.) Also I would love to make new friends and gain wisdom from families who have been down this path, or anyone going through a path similar to mine!

God Bless!
I know that when my wife and I start talking to a lady who might be interested in us, we offer to have a video chat with her. I suppose the first few conversations are almost half interview, but that helps save everybody time and hopefully, it helps to keep everyone's feelings from getting hurt. It's probably just as hard for you to look for a couple/family as it is for us to look for an interested lady.

Regardless of other difficulties and problems, the errosive effect of family or friends constantly telling you how you are in the wrong, crazy, being used etc is long term toxic.

Not going to claim that I have a solution as I and my first wife are lucky enough to have family who were not troubled by the idea of us becoming polygamist and happily attended the wedding.
Praise the Lord for your excepting family.

I'm currently exploring the idea of polygamy since I have no background of it whatsoever. I feel more and more called to this lifestyle constantly but I'm having trouble with finding the right fit. I talk to some families and some seem to be hiding they are looking for a plural relationship from their wife, or the communication just ends. I have found some good friends out of this search though and I am grateful for them! :)

I guess this post was just to introduce myself and if anyone has any tips as coming in as a second wife, any Biblically sound resources (books, scripture, podcasts, sermons etc.) Also I would love to make new friends and gain wisdom from families who have been down this path, or anyone going through a path similar to mine!

God Bless!

I know that when my wife and I start talking to a lady who might be interested in us, we offer to have a video chat with her. I suppose the first few conversations are almost half interview, but that helps save everybody time and hopefully, it helps to keep everyone's feelings from getting hurt. It's probably just as hard for you to look for a couple/family as it is for us to look for an interested lady.
By the way, my wife is on this platform as well, her username is Rose.

I would second this. Video and/or in person interaction is far more important than texting. At this point I'm pretty convinced texting is where relationships go to die. The next biggest thing is that everyone needs to be intentional. When there's distance involved it only takes one party not taking initiative for the whole thing to grind to a halt. Just my two cents.

God Bless!
Welcome Becca. We are from the north central Minnesota...called the lakes area. We have been on a similar journey of education on this way of life. We are both really excited about this way of life and those here on BF but also realize it has to be a gift from above. Good luck in your search. We tried the online dating and that's not recommended. We decided to look more locally and see who God provides. That has led to us to met some really nice ladies and became good friends. As my wife jokes, I meet them and she steals them as good friends lol. They just haven't been right for our family yet. But the search continues and just like the miracle of me finding my first wife If another is in His will we will find her. Don't give up there are many good people out there looking for the right one.

God Bless!
Shalom glad to have you here :)

God Bless!
Welcome. You are encouragement to others. May God grant you desires of your heart.

Back