• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the Great White North, eh!

Mrs.S

Female
I have been lurking on the edges of things trying to get up the courage to sign up. I got my husbands okay and am in need of like minded fellowship. Mr. S and I are very new to the practice of Polygyny. While it has been playing at the corners of his mind, left unspoken, for some time, it never crossed my mind. About two months ago Mr. S put his thoughts into words. I respect my husband and what he says, so while my brain fought it I did not dismiss it. It has been quite an internal battle, a whole lot of ugly has come out of me, but I’m grateful to let God do some house cleaning. I know I need it. As I have surrendered my will to my husbands desire and ultimately Gods will for us I have been rewarded with the peace of knowing somewhere out there a woman who will bless my awesome husband further (as well as me) is out there waiting to meet him. Pretty awesome! Cause man, my family thinks I’ve lost my mind. And our friends; they will never understand. But we press on.
So happy to have found all of you!

Welcome! I understand the benefit of like minded fellowship. It is nice just to know that this much is agreed on, that plural marriage is biblical, and family a blessing.
As I have surrendered my will to my husbands desire and ultimately Gods will for us I have been rewarded with the peace of knowing somewhere out there a woman who will bless my awesome husband further (as well as me) is out there waiting to meet him.
You may be right. While is seemed kind of impossible at times, there was someone out there that fits our family. It was just a 20 year wait!
Pretty awesome! Cause man, my family thinks I’ve lost my mind. And our friends; they will never understand.
We took the new additions to the family reunion last summer. One of my sisters said "Well, that's two things this summer I never thought would happen. We got a dog and you got a sisterwife!"
They don't understand why that appealed to me, but they are happy for me. That is as much as you can expect from others. This is very counter culture, but can be a huge blessing.

You might enjoy the peeling the onion blog. Wife of his youth went through many of the normal emotions that this radical new possibility evokes. She has shared her journey in a real and raw manner, sharing the struggles and break throughs in a most encouraging way.
I hope you enjoy being here!

Welcome from The Republic of Texas.

Thank you! I really appreciate the encouragement. It’s a bit of a scary journey. One of the other members referenced plural marriage like having your first child. You don’t know know, what you don’t know till your in it. It certainly seems that way to me. But God is in it with us so I can trust there is a plan. Even if I don’t know it.

Welcome. May God bless you with every joy as you persevere through the challenges this new experience brings. It seems to be quite the roller-coaster journey for many of us with some difficult lows and amazing highs. There are awesome people here to encourage you along the way. Blessings

Welcome!
I commend you on the way that you are working through the issue.

Welcome from a fellow frozen state! We are new to the journey as well. If you haven't checked out Peter Rambos youtube or podcast series I'd highly recommend them as a good educational tool from Torah to Polygyny and beyond.

Welcome from a fellow frozen state! We are new to the journey as well. If you haven't checked out Peter Rambos youtube or podcast series I'd highly recommend them as a good educational tool from Torah to Polygyny and beyond.
Thank you! He is actually the reason we are here. Mr. S found him on YouTube and that was my first taste of the concept of biblical plural marriage. Peter made so much sense so I dug into my Bible and asked Mr. S lots of questions and together we came to the same conclusion. I really enjoy Peters teaching!

I have been lurking on the edges of things trying to get up the courage to sign up. I got my husbands okay and am in need of like minded fellowship. Mr. S and I are very new to the practice of Polygyny. While it has been playing at the corners of his mind, left unspoken, for some time, it never crossed my mind. About two months ago Mr. S put his thoughts into words. I respect my husband and what he says, so while my brain fought it I did not dismiss it. It has been quite an internal battle, a whole lot of ugly has come out of me, but I’m grateful to let God do some house cleaning. I know I need it. As I have surrendered my will to my husbands desire and ultimately Gods will for us I have been rewarded with the peace of knowing somewhere out there a woman who will bless my awesome husband further (as well as me) is out there waiting to meet him. Pretty awesome! Cause man, my family thinks I’ve lost my mind. And our friends; they will never understand. But we press on.
So happy to have found all of you!
Welcome from Texas. Your journey sounds very similar to the one my wife went on.

Shalom and welcome. I guess you already know me... :D Looking forward to getting to know y'all and sharing this journey. May Yah bless!! For King and Kingdom!!

Welcome! Glad you made the jump to introduce yourself. Looking forward to getting to know you both.

Shalom and welcome. I guess you already know me... :D Looking forward to getting to know y'all and sharing this journey. May Yah bless!! For King and Kingdom!!
I sure do. Thank you for teaching the truth and doing it in such a clear concise way. My thoughts on this journey have been settled around “I’m not interested in Man’s opinions I want Gods truth.” And man, has he been blowing our minds in regards to how misled we have been in mainstream Christianity. It has been quite a journey and we’re just getting started.

Back