• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the Great White North, eh!

I sure do. Thank you for teaching the truth and doing it in such a clear concise way. My thoughts on this journey have been settled around “I’m not interested in Man’s opinions I want Gods truth.” And man, has he been blowing our minds in regards to how misled we have been in mainstream Christianity. It has been quite a journey and we’re just getting started.
This is exactly the mindset to have. I don't care about man's opinion. Give me the Bible and give me truth. Whatever that is I will follow it.

Many of us here simply read our Bibles and realized what we were being taught was untrue.

I sure do. Thank you for teaching the truth and doing it in such a clear concise way. My thoughts on this journey have been settled around “I’m not interested in Man’s opinions I want Gods truth.” And man, has he been blowing our minds in regards to how misled we have been in mainstream Christianity. It has been quite a journey and we’re just getting started.
It's an ongoing journey of discovery. Some of the lessons have been quite a surprise as it's only relatively recently it was brought to my attention that the word translated wedding in Matt. 25:10 is actually from a plural article and noun in the Greek text. Could it be the translators have set out to mislead the readers? I don't know what the particular motivation might have been but the more I learn the more concerned I have become about these sorts of issues.

it's only relatively recently it was brought to my attention that the word translated wedding in Matt. 25:10 is actually from a plural article and noun in the Greek text. Could it be the translators have set out to mislead the readers?
And I just went down a BibleHub rabbit hole before coffee! :)

Translators have biases, even if they don't mean to be biased. First century Jews of Syria-Palestina did not think the same way as 19th century German theologians. There's a fascinating passage referencing Lilith (forget the verse) in which the only correct English translation actually happens to be The Message! Crazy!

It's an ongoing journey of discovery. Some of the lessons have been quite a surprise as it's only relatively recently it was brought to my attention that the word translated wedding in Matt. 25:10 is actually from a plural article and noun in the Greek text. Could it be the translators have set out to mislead the readers? I don't know what the particular motivation might have been but the more I learn the more concerned I have become about these sorts of issues.
I agree. I am seeing more and more of that myself.

Please help me understand what you mean by plural article? I believe the word is γάμους which seems to have been translated wedding feast or marriage feast

And I just went down a BibleHub rabbit hole before coffee! :)

Translators have biases, even if they don't mean to be biased. First century Jews of Syria-Palestina did not think the same way as 19th century German theologians. There's a fascinating passage referencing Lilith (forget the verse) in which the only correct English translation actually happens to be The Message! Crazy!

This?

Otherwise known as a succubus.

"Leyl" means "night" which is where my mind immediately went, and is reflected in the notes of Strongs which defines it as a night-demon.

For those things that go bump in the night... Boo!

Back