• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the owners of ModernPolygamy.com

I am on both sister wives and modern polygamy, and no offense, but I get a lot more interest on sister wives, such as women messaging me, without being prompted by me.

Not currently looking at either though really, as I am interested in a particular lady, and have put all my efforts into her in the last couple months, and have no interest in pursuing more than one woman at this time.

Just curious. Has owning a polygamy dating site helped you and your wife find another wife? :)
Actually, it's funny...we stopped looking. I mean, we're on, we're active, we reply...but we don't actively look like before or have the anticipation. It's changed our perspective.

Some, I'm sure, has to do with the fact that we see everybody that creates an account, so we don't have to search to know who's there....but we rarely message first. When we do, it has to be someone that really jumps out at us as a possibility.

But I wasn't expecting a lot of what has happened. It became apparent that it wasn't just about having a place it could happen for us and for others....people were putting their hopes and dreams on the platform.

Couples that felt called to this for years and finally decided to allow themselves to follow the calling....women that, for lack of better wording, really just wanted to love and to be loved...and have their place in the world.

And people had a tendency (not all, but many) to openly say pretty personal things on their profile about what they really want in life. There would many times be a candidness that you wouldn't expect to find on an online dating site...it slowly became obvious that this was different.

In that time, some members met great people and started relationships, others were horribly disappointed with ones that didn't work out, and others blamed me because no one was interested in talking to them in the first place.

It became apparent that for us, as with everyone else, it will happen if it's supposed to happen. You can't hurry it and the last thing you want to do is rush it with someone that isn't right (we've seen that!). It will be when it will be, if it is supposed to be.

The only thing we, or anyone, can do is keep the door open. So, have a good profile, pictures, stay active, and check in so you don't miss talking with someone great when they come along. And let go of the "when". Our job is to supply the platform.

If it's supposed to be, our paths will cross when the time is right.

But, as I say, it's changed my views on a lot of things. In a good way.

I am on both sister wives and modern polygamy, and no offense, but I get a lot more interest on sister wives, such as women messaging me, without being prompted by me.

Not currently looking at either though really, as I am interested in a particular lady, and have put all my efforts into her in the last couple months, and have no interest in pursuing more than one woman at this time.
I will let others comment on this as it wouldn't be appropriate for me to do so.

No offense taken though, any platform where you can find authentic profiles of interest is the place to be. And congratulations on finding someone with potential!

Actually, it's funny...we stopped looking. I mean, we're on, we're active, we reply...but we don't actively look like before or have the anticipation. It's changed our perspective.

Some, I'm sure, has to do with the fact that we see everybody that creates an account, so we don't have to search to know who's there....but we rarely message first. When we do, it has to be someone that really jumps out at us as a possibility.

But I wasn't expecting a lot of what has happened. It became apparent that it wasn't just about having a place it could happen for us and for others....people were putting their hopes and dreams on the platform.

Couples that felt called to this for years and finally decided to allow themselves to follow the calling....women that, for lack of better wording, really just wanted to love and to be loved...and have their place in the world.

And people had a tendency (not all, but many) to openly say pretty personal things on their profile about what they really want in life. There would many times be a candidness that you wouldn't expect to find on an online dating site...it slowly became obvious that this was different.

In that time, some members met great people and started relationships, others were horribly disappointed with ones that didn't work out, and others blamed me because no one was interested in talking to them in the first place.

It became apparent that for us, as with everyone else, it will happen if it's supposed to happen. You can't hurry it and the last thing you want to do is rush it with someone that isn't right (we've seen that!). It will be when it will be, if it is supposed to be.

The only thing we, or anyone, can do is keep the door open. So, have a good profile, pictures, stay active, and check in so you don't miss talking with someone great when they come along. And let go of the "when". Our job is to supply the platform.

That sounds very much like how my perspective has developed while running this forum for years also.

That’s a hell of a sales pitch! You almost have me signing up!

I suppose I am technically on both as well. Ceased paying at sisterwives as it is farcical.
I get far more inigial contacts as well. The trouble is that they all follow exactly the same pattern. A transparent pattern thst says bot or grift.
My personal favorite are the accounts that have been on the site forever of generically pretty girls that will ask you after you have lapsed as a paying member about your plans for the weekend. Always that theme. They have not viewed your profile though. Would have thought that was not possible without being an administrator.

Then there is the bit where it is abso-bloody-lutely chock to the gills with the degenerate swinger jackasses that call themselves "poly". Just loving that business model.

Re modern polygamy, at least the women seem real and I only occasionally see a profile of someone that is an obvious swinger.
Occasionally someone even looks at the profile

I suppose I am technically on both as well. Ceased paying at sisterwives as it is farcical.
I get far more inigial contacts as well. The trouble is that they all follow exactly the same pattern. A transparent pattern thst says bot or grift.
My personal favorite are the accounts that have been on the site forever of generically pretty girls that will ask you after you have lapsed as a paying member about your plans for the weekend. Always that theme. They have not viewed your profile though. Would have thought that was not possible without being an administrator.

Then there is the bit where it is abso-bloody-lutely chock to the gills with the degenerate swinger jackasses that call themselves "poly". Just loving that business model.

Re modern polygamy, at least the women seem real and I only occasionally see a profile of someone that is an obvious swinger.
Occasionally someone even looks at the profile
I met my current friend off sister wives. She’s real (met in person), and a Bible believing Christian. Maybe I got lucky.

Just one level at $35/Month.
I think charging a subscription is a good idea. I tried allowing anyone to subscribe for free, and got a few bites on my site, but I couldn't make it work. Too much personal expense!

I have seen advertisements on YouTube for the site. Is there a certain algorithm you use to hit certain YouTube watching patterns, or is only going out to people who are curious about polygamy? It might be good to target people who are curious about poaching (husband stealing) and why women cannot find a good man, and other videos aimed at single ladies. Is that something you have taken into consideration?

I think charging a subscription is a good idea. I tried allowing anyone to subscribe for free, and got a few bites on my site, but I couldn't make it work. Too much personal expense!

I have seen advertisements on YouTube for the site. Is there a certain algorithm you use to hit certain YouTube watching patterns, or is only going out to people who are curious about polygamy? It might be good to target people who are curious about poaching (husband stealing) and why women cannot find a good man, and other videos aimed at single ladies. Is that something you have taken into consideration?
You've seen our ads on YouTube?!?! That probably means it's way too broad! hahahaha

I started to reply here, but I think this is best to take to private messaging. Check your inbox.

I met my current friend off sister wives. She’s real (met in person), and a Bible believing Christian. Maybe I got lucky.
Apparently you did.
There certainly are real ones on there. There is just such a mountain of bullshit, degenerates and narcissists being given confirmation that they are all so terribly desirable.
Finding the gems amongst the junk is apparently a skill I lack

Maybe one man's trash is another man's treasure?
I know of someone who didn't think my sisterwife was worth the trouble.
...and her ex treated her very poorly.

Maybe one man's trash is another man's treasure?
I know of someone who didn't think my sisterwife was worth the trouble.
...and her ex treated her very poorly.
I suppose so but the sort I have in mind, I suspect you would also agree were not looking for a family with good will.
Quite a few seem as if they had spent their earlier years being...the term I see currently is "run through "...and that they are not pursued nearly as much anymore and are seeking attention from a pool of easy targets.
Plus, if the syllable poly is on a site, you are going to attract swingers, fetishists and fantasists. Their encroachment onto plural marriage territory as it were, irritates me down to the bone. That joint is packed with them.

Apparently you did.
There certainly are real ones on there. There is just such a mountain of bullshit, degenerates and narcissists being given confirmation that they are all so terribly desirable.
Yes. I had to sift through a lot of undesirable stuff for almost a year to find her. I would have likely cancelled my account when it expired. She had essentially given up looking too. Things are looking promising so far and we have more in person visits planned. We talk about the Bible and our faith almost daily among many other things of course.

Yes. I had to sift through a lot of undesirable stuff for almost a year to find her. I would have likely cancelled my account when it expired. She had essentially given up looking too. Things are looking promising so far and we have more in person visits planned. We talk about the Bible and our faith almost daily among many other things of course.
I am very happy that you are succeeding and hope it works out 100%.

It is also gratifying to hear those success stories as they happen so thst it feels a little less like one is whistling in the wind.

I know it can happen. I married a woman I met on a site not unlike this a few years ago. It did not unfortunately turn out to be a life match but it was certainly a very solid proof of concept. Thst plural marriage is not just viable but solves a lot of modern problems that are just so difficult to manage with only two adults and the need for two incomes. Not that it is just about being practical...but it sure is easy to see the practical advantages.

I look forward to updates as you move forward in your family's new chapter

I am very happy that you are succeeding and hope it works out 100%.

It is also gratifying to hear those success stories as they happen so thst it feels a little less like one is whistling in the wind.

I know it can happen. I married a woman I met on a site not unlike this a few years ago. It did not unfortunately turn out to be a life match but it was certainly a very solid proof of concept. Thst plural marriage is not just viable but solves a lot of modern problems that are just so difficult to manage with only two adults and the need for two incomes. Not that it is just about being practical...but it sure is easy to see the practical advantages.

I look forward to updates as you move forward in your family's new chapter
Too early to say, but I am an open book usually and put details of my adventures out there for all to see and criticize. Probably too open. When the time is right, I may fill the forum in on details, but can't yet.

Can give you basics, though. Met on sister wives. She rarely checked account, and I know this is true, because you can see how often someone is checking. Had given up most hope of finding a husband. Is in need of a husband due to personal circumstances. Was kind of happenstance that we met, or God's intervention. If it is God's plan and things go forward, I may share more details if things progress. 100 percent sure she is a believing Christian, as we have had many, many in depth conversations about all aspects of it.

I truly was not expecting to find anyone on this site, as 99 percent of what you said was correct from personal experience, and would likely have let account expire without renewing. A lot of bad apples and bad choices.

Hello everyone, we have been lurking for a little while but have not yet introduced ourselves yet. FollowingHim suggested that we introduce ourselves.

My wife and I are the owners of the polygamy dating site ModernPolygamy.com.

We've been married for 15 years and have 5 children ranging from 2 to 9. We currently homeschool 2 and are prepping another 2 this year, which is an adventure. :)

We started the site because my wife and I had been looking for years and feeling like there were no sites where we felt like we really had a realistic possibility of finding what we hoped for. In the end, we decided that if we truly wanted what we said we wanted then we were going to have to make a site to allow that to happen....for us and a lot of other people that were in the same boat.

After feeling that way for years, we finally decided to go ahead in 2021 and spent the next 8 months on development as everything is 100% custom from the ground up, front end and back. We launched the site in February of 2022.

We do our best to run a tight ship. The idea has always been for it to be the site we would want to join. That guided the design and architecture behind the scenes and continues to guide how we run the site.

We are not solely focused on Christian polygamy, and welcome those that come to this decision for their life by whatever path, but the site will remain firmly family focused both because that is what best serves our members and because that is the type of site we would want to join.

Aside from this different starting point, some key points to know about the site are:
  • Replying to messages is free (you can do this with a free account)
  • We have a ~50% rejection rate for new profiles. Pictures and actually writing something half decent is required.
  • If you have a Premium Membership and then cancel, you will still be able to keep talking with those you have messaged previously.

Premium Member benefits are:
  • Being able to send initial messages.
  • Appearing at the top of the search results.
  • Appearing in the "Recently Online" section of each member's home page.
  • Being able to upload an introduction video.

We take privacy very seriously. Profiles and images can not be accessed by search engines. Your profile images are also time sensitive and URL's will become invalid after 5 minutes.

Cancellation takes 2 clicks and is instant (a link is at the bottom of the Edit Profile page). And in case you are wondering, since it seems to be a thing now with a competing site, we don't use message bots or fake activity. It is what it is, good or bad. Hopefully good.

The 'About' page of our site is all true if you would like to know more about us and how we got here. We welcome any questions or concerns you may have.
I appreciate that you started this site. I hope your site will become more popular. I had profile for about a year. Few months ago subscribed for six months. I would like to help you to help me. I created profile on Tinder with description available "ethical non monogamy" and one of the pictures has the cover of "Women Can Win the Marriage Lottery: Share Your Man with Another Wife" by Adriana Blake to show right away what I am about. But now I may attach screen shot of Modern Polygamy to my Tinder profile and you may end up seeing more people signing up in Orlando area. Compared to other polygamy dating sites I used, I think yours is best. Eventually I hope you will reach a point where you could think about lowering the price when it makes sense.

As much as I would like to find 2nd wife, also I want acceptance of polygyny to become mainstream. For this reason I spread the love of polygyny on Upward app, where eventually I got banned 2nd time. I am not paying for Tinder yet, but having profile where I share my faith in Christ and openness to polygyny carries the message to people, I just hope that Christians would lead this option first though.

I created profile on Tinder with description available "ethical non monogamy" and one of the pictures has the cover of "Women Can Win the Marriage Lottery: Share Your Man with Another Wife" by Adriana Blake to show right away what I am about. But now I may attach screen shot of Modern Polygamy to my Tinder profile and you may end up seeing more people signing up in Orlando area.
Are you sure this isn't against Tinder's policy and user agreement? I don't see why would they be OK with someone promoting competition on their site.

No offense but I absolutely despise the term ethical non monogamy. Nearly as much as polyamory.

One is seemingly intentionally vague and Could encompass us but doesn't necessarily. The other is rebranded degenerate swinger.

I am not fond of vague terms and I am absolutely explicitly against any new unneeded made up phrase that could potentially be seen as putting me under the same umbrella as swingers. No thank you.

Back