• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the owners of ModernPolygamy.com

I am sure that plenty goes on here and there in groups who are holding more old fashioned/traditional cultural norms.
Unfortunately, we live in a time of tinder and...er. sorry, if it is not one of the plig sights I don't bother to maintain it in permanent memory. Anyway, I don't see it going anywhere but more in the digital direction. Too much money to be made by horrible people pushing maladaptive disgenic ideas.

Bit of a bifurcation in that lots of semi sane types are starting to see how out of balance the world is and to reject modernity. The trad life set. Totally endorse that movement and suppose I fall into it, just not a newb sort of a thing.
I can see some significant value for the more long term and the recent adopters of traditional lifestyles in an organized matchmaking effort. Not just for us weird plig kids, but for sane people in general.
(Yes I am aware that I am just advocating for community, but what else is new?)

I am sure that plenty goes on here and there in groups who are holding more old fashioned/traditional cultural norms.
Unfortunately, we live in a time of tinder and...er. sorry, if it is not one of the plig sights I don't bother to maintain it in permanent memory. Anyway, I don't see it going anywhere but more in the digital direction. Too much money to be made by horrible people pushing maladaptive disgenic ideas.

Bit of a bifurcation in that lots of semi sane types are starting to see how out of balance the world is and to reject modernity. The trad life set. Totally endorse that movement and suppose I fall into it, just not a newb sort of a thing.
I can see some significant value for the more long term and the recent adopters of traditional lifestyles in an organized matchmaking effort. Not just for us weird plig kids, but for sane people in general.
(Yes I am aware that I am just advocating for community, but what else is new?)
You are overcomplicating matchmaking.

Do you know available man and woman who don't know each other. Ask both and organize meeting. Same as introducing two friends.

That's absolute minimum. It's harder if you tried to pay attention to compatibility etc..

If we all had 50 acres down the same farm to market dirt road and our kids played together thst would work.
Unfortunately...
Y'all apparently live all bloody over the country and planet. Lame

How are we suppose to form children's teams to compete in local kids sports leagues? We could call the team the Fighting Pligs.

Not sure a lot of informal matchmaking goes on now days.
If I do end up matchmaking my children, I honestly am unlikely to be matchmaking with the kids of other people here, for the simple reason that however well I know the parents I haven't met those children in person so have no idea who to match them with. I will be drawing on the pool of local Christians and their children whom I know well, and trying to match my children up with them. Polygamy will be honestly the last thing on my mind, as my priority will be to get the boys one decent wife, and given the oversupply of young men around here at present there won't be any need for polygamy to get the daughters married off either. If the boys want to take a second wife later, that's their business, and I'll support them for sure. But my job as a matchmaking father would be to get them a first wife.

You are overcomplicating matchmaking.

Do you know available man and woman who don't know each other. Ask both and organize meeting. Same as introducing two friends.macro vs
Macro vs micro
I am trying to think in terms of this loose little community of potential pligs. Not only individuals in happenstance. More intentional.
Not like I am going to have time to consider the project any time soon.

Macro vs micro
I am trying to think in terms of this loose little community of potential pligs. Not only individuals in happenstance. More intentional.
Not like I am going to have time to consider the project any time soon.
Strangers are always more attractive than locals.

Sticking with only locals risks inbreeding and intellectual incest.

Tough to find an insular enough population for that in the States...would take a significant effort. And if you do manage to do it, then I suspect they will try to sell you some handmade furniture, canned goods or to build you a barn.

I'd LOVE to have 'em build me a barn!
Ssme here only I want to be brought on 3-4 barns before my own to learn the process and be able to participate

Hello everyone, we have been lurking for a little while but have not yet introduced ourselves yet. FollowingHim suggested that we introduce ourselves.

My wife and I are the owners of the polygamy dating site ModernPolygamy.com.

We've been married for 15 years and have 5 children ranging from 2 to 9. We currently homeschool 2 and are prepping another 2 this year, which is an adventure. :)

We started the site because my wife and I had been looking for years and feeling like there were no sites where we felt like we really had a realistic possibility of finding what we hoped for. In the end, we decided that if we truly wanted what we said we wanted then we were going to have to make a site to allow that to happen....for us and a lot of other people that were in the same boat.

After feeling that way for years, we finally decided to go ahead in 2021 and spent the next 8 months on development as everything is 100% custom from the ground up, front end and back. We launched the site in February of 2022.

We do our best to run a tight ship. The idea has always been for it to be the site we would want to join. That guided the design and architecture behind the scenes and continues to guide how we run the site.

We are not solely focused on Christian polygamy, and welcome those that come to this decision for their life by whatever path, but the site will remain firmly family focused both because that is what best serves our members and because that is the type of site we would want to join.

Aside from this different starting point, some key points to know about the site are:
  • Replying to messages is free (you can do this with a free account)
  • We have a ~50% rejection rate for new profiles. Pictures and actually writing something half decent is required.
  • If you have a Premium Membership and then cancel, you will still be able to keep talking with those you have messaged previously.

Premium Member benefits are:
  • Being able to send initial messages.
  • Appearing at the top of the search results.
  • Appearing in the "Recently Online" section of each member's home page.
  • Being able to upload an introduction video.

We take privacy very seriously. Profiles and images can not be accessed by search engines. Your profile images are also time sensitive and URL's will become invalid after 5 minutes.

Cancellation takes 2 clicks and is instant (a link is at the bottom of the Edit Profile page). And in case you are wondering, since it seems to be a thing now with a competing site, we don't use message bots or fake activity. It is what it is, good or bad. Hopefully good.

The 'About' page of our site is all true if you would like to know more about us and how we got here. We welcome any questions or concerns you may have.
It sounds like an excellent website! Welcome aboard!

Unicorn...

You will forgive my skepticism about the term in general terms.
The entire notion being predicated on the idea that a single woman willing to consider pairing with a couple is inherently vastly more valuable in the dating marketplace than a couple...that a single individual is the most valuable potential puzzle piece. Oh well.

Simple supply and demand. When Craiglist was still a dating site, they had separate forums for each and there were lots of couples looking for a single woman, but very few single women looking for couples.

Simple supply and demand. When Craiglist was still a dating site, they had separate forums for each and there were lots of couples looking for a single woman, but very few single women looking for couples.

Don't believe that at all.

It accounts for the clambering for the women who are willing/potentially willing regardless of their respective personal qualities.

That is not my point though. I am talking about the actual value of the people and the weight they can displace on a proverbial scale in a relationship, not their value in the sexual marketplace.

Hypothetical but common circumstances is that a woman doing here girl out in the world routine with a car and a small apartment worth of possessions to her name and a living wage level profession is generally joining an established family with multiple adults, children and a fair amount of property.

Not saying she is not valuable...not even remotely. Just saying that I don't see her value as based on access to the contents of her yoga pants.

Back