• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hello from the Southest

Mc_B

Male
Hello everyone, I've been a lurker for awhile and finally decided to make an account!
A little about myself; I'm currently married to one lovely lady and about to have my first child soon. I'm also in my first year of seminary and hope to one day do something in ministry (if the Lord wills it). I don't really subscribe to any denomination or movement either. I haven't found a way to properly introduce my wife to this stuff yet, and I don't think it's a good idea to do so when she's pregnant either so I'm kind of alone in this at the moment.. I'm not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome

Shalom.

Yes, both pregnant wife and seminary should cause great caution in handling this third rail truth. Proceed very carefully.

Question,
What is the purpose of your seminarian studies?
I ask because if your goal is to become a pastor, it usually doesn’t go well to have polygynous beliefs.

Question,
What is the purpose of your seminarian studies?
I ask because if your goal is to become a pastor, it usually doesn’t go well to have polygynous beliefs.
Good question. My Seminary studies are indeed for pastoral work. I know it doesn't go well, I have ran from God's calling once before though and He still drew me back to it for whatever reason. I've been tempted to give it up and do something else but I don't think I can do anything else, it feels like the Holy Spirit won't let me (not sure how else to describe it, sorry). If anything I'll either start a new church or be extremely well prepared to lead my family lol

Welcome!
If anything I'll either start a new church or be extremely well prepared to lead my family lol
Or you might find yourself a missionary to Africa pastoring a congregation where this issue really does have everyday relevance to many people. Only God knows. My point being simply - there's no need to rock the boat in your seminary. God's plans may be much longer term.

In school you learn to write down the answers the examiner wants, rather than necessarily the answers that are correct. Particularly regarding evolution. The same goes for seminary. I've never done formal seminary training, but I did a year of evening classes with a certain denomination years ago, followed by an examination. I aced the exam, either top or near the top (can't recall exactly), enough for the leadership to specifically approach me to congratulate me - but I told them I couldn't accept the certificate as I disagreed with most of what I'd written, I'd just given them the answers they wanted but I didn't want to be associated with those beliefs myself so could not accept a qualification from them. They were most offended... But I was well practiced at giving the expected answer not the one I believed after years of high school and university biology classes!

In your case though, gain the qualification and then use it to open the doors you need to do whatever work God actually has planned for you.

Welcome! I hope you will find some good support here.

Welcome!
As a pregnant woman myself, pregnancy emotions are often irrational :eek: and the introduction of plural will most likely be taken completely wrong lol so good for you for recognizing where she is at and being patient with her. Hope you find the community of friends you need and us ladies will be here for her when the topic does come up in your marriage and she needs support in understanding you still love her.

Welcome!
As a pregnant woman myself, pregnancy emotions are often irrational :eek: and the introduction of plural will most likely be taken completely wrong lol so good for you for recognizing where she is at and being patient with her. Hope you find the community of friends you need and us ladies will be here for her when the topic does come up in your marriage and she needs support in understanding you still love her.

^^^^^
Sound advice!!!

Shalom and Welcome

I discovered it, I think my seminary would immediately have me removed if they found out. It's unfortunate but most seminaries in the US are going downhill so I feel blessed to have this one.

Shalom!

Just one correction, though.

Most seminaries HAVE ALREADY GONE downhill.

Hi Mr B. That is totally awesome that you are studying to be a pastor! When this movement really gets going, we will need pastors, because eventually we will reach a point where we will be able to start our own churches and perhaps even a seminary.

Back