• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Help Please, Is Plural Marriage for REAL?

Went looking for "flustrating", and found this old thread. Was interesting enough that I thought it worth bringing back to our attention.

Oh, and contains a previous incarnation of Sir Bubba using The Word. :lol:

Answering some of my own questions after 7+ years of knowing the truth of what the Bible teaches about polygamy. ……
Have any of you had similar experiences? Sure, I am sure that many have had similar experiences. It helps me to know I am not alone.

Has anyone ever met a REAL person to whom you actually had a REAL relationship with that worked out decently? Yes actually my husband has met lots of people. But most of the time it was through our local community not very many people through the internet.

Has anyone ever met ANYONE off the internet, seen them FACE-TO-FACE, that was legitimate? Yes we have met people face to face that were legit. My husband has been getting to know at least 3 different people he considered serious potentials, this over the course of 7+ yrs .

Has anyone ever met another woman and had a successful marriage with more than one wife? Well I met some at the retreat eons ago. ;) No others in person but I have read of others online.

Where are the people who do this and are successful? I am convinced they are hiding. Just kidding. Seriously its not popular to be a polygamist. And it sure isn’t legal either. I think most people keep it under wraps to keep there families safe.

Why don’t we hear more about the successes? See answer above. ;)

Anybody ever hear from old CecilW anymore? He lived here for a while and he was a lot of fun the few times I got to meet him.

Back