• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from New Engkand

BibleChristian

Hi there and greetings from New England!

So, I totally understand that this is not a dating site, and I am just looking for some guidance, or a point or a spin in the right direction. A few years ago, I became interested in polygamy as an option to help build a little network of family for myself and my 2 children.
I am hitting some major walls and I just wanted to reach out before I give up. My biggest problem is where I live.... New England 😬. Polyamory is a thing here. And it is even legal in Cambridge and Sutton Massachusets (for 3 adults to share benefits, etc.)! Polyamory isn't the issue lol. However, I am a straight woman looking for polygamy... actually polygyny if you wanna get technical about it.... there is no one here here and worse.... no where to meet or talk to anyone.
I do try! I look for meet-ups, but they are for polyamorous people. I can tell the profile photos that I won't find what I'm looking for at these meetings.
I am also in a couple of polygamous dating sites, but boy those are a mess as well. Another issue that I am having is that I am a Christian (non-denominational). I know I know! This lifestyle goes against my faith but that would be another issue to hear me out on! Lol.
So if course my question is, is there a network people in or around NE (or at least the east coast of the United States) who are polygamous? But who also happen to be Christians? I wanted to ask because there is a group of polygamous people out west who keep amongst themselves and network within that group.
I have spoken to a couple of them in hopes to find what I'm looking for (and trust me this group gets it right! Except..... you guessed it.... they aren't Christian). So those are my issues, I am not bisexual, and I am a Christian. I have spoken to some people who follow only the old testament, but a major deal breaker with them is that the wives have been bi-sexual. As a Christian, I am looking for one man (who would be a husband-relationship) and a woman (or women) to share non-sexual but deeply-bonding friendships with. Belief in the new-testament, including the Holy Trinity and the book of Revelation is really important to me.
Also, if there is not a new england or east coast meet-up or gathering, are there any that are held in other areas of the country, but not in August? I noticed there is one posted for next week but I start work at that time. I am a teacher and this is a super-difficult time for teachers to travel.
Finally, if this post is not allowed, please feel free to remove it. I know that I am asking a lot and for a lot of info and that I may just need to keep searching for on my own. Please don't yell at me haha 😬

Welcome!
I doubt anyone would yell, but you are brave to put what you are wanting out there.

You will find like minded people here. I am a first wife of many years...have had a sisterwife for two years.
We are Christian but don't claim a church or denomination.

Hope you find what you are seeking!....and enjoy being here.

Welcome, I appreciate your sincerity.

Shalom and welcome!

Welcome to the group. We are in northern Minnesota so not very close to you and have had very similar experiences as you've described. The dating sites have been problematic with Bots, fakes and bisexual women. You think you find the one only to be a fake.

My wife was a teacher but chose to focus now on teaching our kids so the homeschooling world has provided so much flexibility in life it is something everyone should at least consider, especially with your skill set.

We have found many helpful and very intelligent people on here that can provide you all kinds of suggestions in this way of life. So many potential benefits it's worth going through some challenges.

The group has conventions that seem to float around the country so maybe one will come to you. If you find yourself traveling west hit us up as we enjoy visiting with like minded Christians.

Welcome! Glad you found us. I hope you will find some good things, and connections, here.

FYI, if you would like to post in the Ladies Only section at any point, you will need to select Female under your account info. Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Welcome, and blessings.

And recognize that what you are looking for is not remotely "conventional xtianity" - but it is utterly Scriptural. Some will recognize that.
Augustine and Martin Luther are both on record acknowledging the legitimacy of polygyny. Those are two of the biggest names in the history of Western Christianity.

Add in men like the Protestant reformer Phillip Melanchthon, Puritan John Milton, and famous Methodist pastor Martin Madan.

There has long been a polygynous minority viewpoint in Western Christianity.

Many of us here hold traditional Evangelical, Protestant, and Reformed Christian beliefs, and also recognize the legitimacy of polygamy (though most of our Evangelical brothers are ignorant or wilfully ignorant on the issue).

Welcome from Washington State!

I don't think there are many of us up in New England. Most of us are in the South, Midwest, Western US, and New Zealand.

You aren't crazy!

Traditional patriarchal polygyny is consistent with the Christian faith of the Bible. It might possibly be a good option for you.

Our fathers Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, David, Josiah, Moses, etc were polygamous, are were approved by God.

Likewise, Abigail was a wise and virtuous woman, and she chose to marry David, knowing him to be polygamous.

Even Christ and His apostles teaching in the New Testament seem to strongly indicate the continued legitimacy of the practice.

Polyamory is wicked, but traditional patriarchal polygamy is acceptable according to God's Law.

There are Christians out there who believe what you believe.

Most protestants are unaware that they are actually siding with the Roman Catholic Church in this matter of doctrine.

The same self appointed authority that "thought to change times and laws" changed the sabath from the 7th day to the first....and also claimed to have authority over marriages .. ..by power of fear of retribution.

Before the Council at Trent there were matters in the church that people did not agree on. So they made a "political" of sorts (church politics) ruling to settle things and it was then "politically incorrect" for a man of faith to have more than one wife.

Here is what they said about marriage.
Screenshot_20231005_152054_Chrome.jpg

In case you missed it. This was when the church first inserted itself formally and arrogantly into the business of marriage....AND also decided IT could redefine the parameters that YHWH had given. Too big for their britches me thinks!

Just a bit of history for those who might be interested.

Most protestants are unaware that they are actually siding with the Roman Catholic Church in this matter of doctrine.

The same self appointed authority that "thought to change times and laws" changed the sabath from the 7th day to the first....and also claimed to have authority over marriages .. ..by power of fear of retribution.

Before the Council at Trent there were matters in the church that people did not agree on. So they made a "political" of sorts (church politics) ruling to settle things and it was then "politically incorrect" for a man of faith to have more than one wife.

Here is what they said about marriage.
View attachment 8403

In case you missed it. This was when the church first inserted itself formally and arrogantly into the business of marriage....AND also decided IT could redefine the parameters that YHWH had given. Too big for their britches me thinks!

Just a bit of history for those who might be interested.
At Trent, Rome clearly and specifically anathematized the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and therefore formally ceased to be a church at all.

CANON 9: “If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema.”

CANON 12: “If any one shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in the divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ’s sake, or that it is that confidence alone by which we are justified…let him be accursed.”

As Joleneakamama said, Rome also cemented many of her false teachings about marriage at that time.

The Council of Trent was an abomination.

I'm sure there are genuine believers in RC "churches", but they are believers in spite of Rome, and her false doctrine, not because of it. They are genuine because they don't believe the official position.

Yes, this definitely seems like the right place for you! I can't help you with any info about retreats etc, but welcome to the forum!
Oh ty that is so kind of you! And I think I got your email I'm sorry it's been a couple of days. What a week lol. A Tuesday night women's meeting would be really cool! I start work this week but I'll definitely keep my eye open for these meetings.

Back