• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hi from New Zealand

Kiwi_Lion

Shalom everyone, I'm Julian from New Zealand, 39yo. I got interested in Biblical Marriage after I was talking to some Mormon ladies about Polygyny about a year ago. I came across Pete Rambo's channel and got a lot of Red Pills from watching his videos.

I have recently renewed my faith in Christ. Although I do find it strange that Christians worship on Sunday and totally disregard the Sabbath. I'm 5% Jewish according to Ancestory.com so it's good to meet like minded Messianics.

I'm interested in doing homesteading off-grid and hopefully creating a community.

I recently did some courses on film making so I would be keen to create some film content dealing with Biblical Marriage.

If anyone is around the top of the South Island, pop in for a visit.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome Julian, I'm sure we'll see each other in person some day. We're completely off-grid, on a farm, doing our best to work towards self-sufficiency, I'll look forward to showing you our setup one day.

Where did you meet Mormons in NZ who were up to discussing polygamy? I've never run into any of them.

Welcome... again. :D

Shalom everyone, I'm Julian from New Zealand, 39yo. I got interested in Biblical Marriage after I was talking to some Mormon ladies about Polygyny about a year ago. I came across Pete Rambo's channel and got a lot of Red Pills from watching his videos.

I have recently renewed my faith in Christ. Although I do find it strange that Christians worship on Sunday and totally disregard the Sabbath. I'm 5% Jewish according to Ancestory.com so it's good to meet like minded Messianics.

I'm interested in doing homesteading off-grid and hopefully creating a community.

I recently did some courses on film making so I would be keen to create some film content dealing with Biblical Marriage.

If anyone is around the top of the South Island, pop in for a visit.
Welcome.

I can't necessarily speak broadly for why most Christians worship on Sunday rather than the Sabbath, but here is my take on the matter.

Our connection to God is through the Son, rather than the Law. The Law is from God and it is good and extremely beneficial, but our access to God is through the Son. The Son Himself has become our ultimate Rest. It's not that the first day replaced the seventh, rather Jesus the Christ Himself did.

Here is a passage from Romans 7 (nkjv version) that I find helpful in this matter.

1."Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Verse four particularly stands out.

"Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God."

The Law is from God. It is very good, but I'm no longer married to it. In fact I have become dead to it. Instead, I belong to the risen Son of God Himself. He is my Rest. He, rather than the Law has dominion over us.

It's like Jesus told the Samaritan woman about the location of worship. Jerusalem had been the proper place for worship, but now the time has come where we worship in Spirit and Truth. We worship God everywhere, and all the time.

Welcome Julian, I'm sure we'll see each other in person some day. We're completely off-grid, on a farm, doing our best to work towards self-sufficiency, I'll look forward to showing you our setup one day.

Where did you meet Mormons in NZ who were up to discussing polygamy? I've never run into any of them.
I was introduced to a lady on FB, I didn't actually meet her as she was just playing games with me. Long story short, I also developed a crush on her sister so we were discussing polygyny but I don't think they were ever serious about it. They were brought up Mormon by their parents but I don't think they were believers, they were most likely rebelling against it. Polygyny was banned about 100 years ago by Mormons but I think they knew some Polygynists back in South Africa. I'm not aware of any Mormons doing it in NZ.

Welcome.

I can't necessarily speak broadly for why most Christians worship on Sunday rather than the Sabbath, but here is my take on the matter.

Our connection to God is through the Son, rather than the Law. The Law is from God and it is good and extremely beneficial, but our access to God is through the Son. The Son Himself has become our ultimate Rest. It's not that the first day replaced the seventh, rather Jesus the Christ Himself did.

Here is a passage from Romans 7 (nkjv version) that I find helpful in this matter.

1."Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Verse four particularly stands out.

"Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God."

The Law is from God. It is very good, but I'm no longer married to it. In fact I have become dead to it. Instead, I belong to the risen Son of God Himself. He is my Rest. He, rather than the Law has dominion over us.

It's like Jesus told the Samaritan woman about the location of worship. Jerusalem had been the proper place for worship, but now the time has come where we worship in Spirit and Truth. We worship God everywhere, and all the time.
I'm not going to hammer you in this thread, but by your logic you can now commit adultery, steal, murder, take God's name in vain, set up idols, lie, covet, etc...

Justified picking and choosing.... 🙄

I'm not going to hammer you in this thread, but by your logic you can now commit adultery, steal, murder, take God's name in vain, set up idols, lie, covet, etc...

Justified picking and choosing.... 🙄
I'm not going to hammer you in this thread but you don't seem to understand what Romans 7:4 means when it says

"...that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God."

The one who is united to Christ bears good fruit to God.

Don't overlook Acts 15, or the books of Galatians, Romans, and Hebrews.

We really shouldn't turn Kiwi Lion's introduction post into another another debate about how or to what extent the Law applied to Gentile believers in Christ.

I addressed it because he brought up the issue of Sabbath worship. You also reasonably brought up the fact that you disagree with my view. We should take it elsewhere if we wish to continue.

I'm not going to hammer you in this thread but you don't seem to understand what Romans 7:4 means when it says

"...that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God."

The one who is united to Christ bears good fruit to God.

Don't overlook Acts 15, or the books of Galatians, Romans, and Hebrews.

We really shouldn't turn Kiwi Lion's introduction post into another another debate about how or to what extent the Law applied to Gentile believers in Christ.

I addressed it because he brought up the issue of Sabbath worship. You also reasonably brought up the fact that you disagree with my view. We should take it elsewhere if we wish to continue.
That was unnecessarily snarky.

Shalom and welcome from Missouri USA.

It's all good, I personally will keep the sabbath, of course I usually fall short eg by buying something on that day. I don't think it's necessarily required for salvation in Christ but should result in some additional reward.

Back