• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

High Intelligence: A risk factor for......

Jennifer

Female
Before I begin my post, I want to make a confession. This topic is hard for me to write about because of a personal preconditioned prejudice I carry and obviously have yet to fully over come. Perhaps this prejudice stems from early childhood experiences and an inability to connect with peers (especially female), though I desperately tried.. Therefore, my mind tells me that speaking of one's own intelligence is a sign of arrogance, even if it's being mentioned for reasons other than bragging. My inner voice says I should "hide" certain aspects of my being so as not to make others uncomfortable. So if at any time you see a hint of over apologizing in my post, that's why. I fully recognize that intelligence is not a measure of our worth or humility. It's just a trait like green or brown eyes and really should not be something we attach shame or pride to. I cognitively know this, but still struggle with personal insecurities of how I affect people. However, my curiosity has pushed me to move past my personal insecurities to post this question publicly. So here goes....

A while back I read a claim that stated children of higher intelligence were more vulnerable to vaccine damage. Honestly, my prejudices came out and my first initial reaction was of disgust that someone would make such an arrogant claim, as if their kid deserved special treatment because his intelligence made him more worthy of protection. As a mother of a vaccine injured child I was embarrassed to be aligned with such arrogance in the antivax movement. However, I recognize now that perhaps I was the one being arrogant and reading into this claim my own prejudice. Perhaps these children need to be identified because they are at risk!!! I ran across a research article discussing the Hyper brain/Hyper body hypothesis and the statistics seem to indicate that high intelligence does put a person at risk for immune dysregulation and psychological disorders!!! More neural connections leaves more room for something to go wrong!!! I post this here because I suspect this forum probably has several people of higher intelligence and creative thinkers simply because it's usually not your average Joe who seeks alternative lifestyles, nor does the average Joe desire to engage in complicated discussions as a pastime. I personally can relate because I have an autoimmune disease and endocrine disorder. All three of my children share the same immune dysfunction and my daughter has epilepsy. All three of my children and myself have IQ's above 135. So if you recognize you have higher intelligence or are a creative person, do you also struggle with a "hyper body". I have attached a picture of a chart showing the prevalence of diagnoses. See if any of them fit your family profile. Feel free to share your thoughts on the implications of this. How will this affect our country in the long run? Are we destroying potential by destroying this subgroup of people?

Attachments

• 20190218_132859.jpg
    20190218_132859.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Before you even got to this line,
More neural connections leaves more room for something to go wrong!!!
I had already made that assumption. Maybe I'm wrong, but because we only use about 10% of our brain, I just assumed those with 'more intelligence' were simply able to access or utilize another half percent or two.

My 9% thought's worth.... lol

Well I ain't never been said to be a smart person but my momma says I must be a genius cause I fit in your grafs. LOL!

Seriously though I grew up hearing men don't like smart women especially a woman who can think for herself so it is better to dumb up to get a man. I'm not saying I believe that nor am I saying I would do that.

If vaccines affect a smart persons ability to function cognitively .... We are screwed... Excuse the term.

Oh and please don't assume if you don't have allergies, autoimmune disease, autism, schizophrenia etc that you aren't of high intelligence, Haha, or if your body is seriously broke and or you have regular hallucinations that you must be a genius. Kinda joking, kinda serious about this disclaimer. We humans can assume a lot of crazy stuff.

Seriously though I grew up hearing men don't like smart women especially a woman who can think for herself so it is better to dumb up to get a man.
You left out the word “mouth”.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!! :eek:

I have no problem with intelligent women, they may have a problem with me, though.

I may have my women fooled, but I was smart enough to be born before the vaccines got bad.

If vaccines affect a smart persons ability to function cognitively .... We are screwed... Excuse the term.

Not just smart persons, every persons. With vaccines you're injecting brain toxins straight into the blood stream, bypassing several layers of the bodies defense.

LOL @steve ooohhh! You are bad hahaha I get it though, I will watch my mouth. It is a really good thing we are good friends and I know you or I would think you were being naughty LOL
Oh no!
I didn’t mean for you to watch your mouth, you were quoting “them” and I was putting it into their statement.

Not just smart persons, every persons. With vaccines you're injecting brain toxins straight into the blood stream, bypassing several layers of the bodies defense.
Yes I was playing, the topic is very serious. My daughter is also one who has had horrible lasting health issues from getting the vaccines.

I didn't mean to take away from the seriousness of the topic sorry

There is solid evidence that dyslexia is far more common in people with certain types of high intelligence.

A good read is "the dyslexic advantage" it also deals in a lot of the theory regarding neurological pathways within the brain. It may have some insight that crosses over with what you are talking about here.

Back