• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Holidays?

With all of this consternation about how pagan the 'day of the dead' may or may not be, I guess it's probably over the top to point out that the Savior, Yahushua, was ACTUALLY born during the holiday season (His holy days, in fact) that continue over the next week or so.

We will be joyfully celebrating (and that word, simkah or s'meach in the Hebrew, appears over and OVER in the commandments for this season...that's a great clue, I suggest. ;) the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) starting next weekend.

But, for those that are curious, and want to REALLY celebrate the birthday that matters most, it's pretty easy to show* He was born during one of the "feasts of ascension," when men like His earthly father were commanded to go back to the area of Jerusalem, and stay in a "booth," or "sukka" - a temporary dwelling that was even translated into Olde English as "manger," since they didn't understand the concept.

This is a great time to be studying His holidays, in other words.

------------------------------------
* Check out the timeframe from the references to Zecheriah, who was of the "course of Abiyah" (first Luke 1:5, then I Chronicles 24:10+ for the sequence of times when his priestly line would have been serving in the temple - then do the 'nine month math'. It was NOT the 'dead of winter' anywhere near the solstice, when shepherds weren't out 'watching over their flocks by night' anyway.

I should point out that it is the attempt to acquire such powers that is evil, on the part of the person. Whether a demonic entity obliges and helps them out, or cannot, or just laughs at them as amusing fools, is irrelevant. The attempt to be evil is evil.
To carry that a step further, any support of the dark side is to set oneself against Yah, therefore evil.

If the disciples could heal and cast out demons with the power of Yah, couldn’t it be the same on the other side?
Where the power comes from is just semantics, the representatives of the source of the power wield it.
I would say so, the individual requesting the power never actually handles and controls the power. Having the ability to wield it at their own whim. Rather they make requests to the spirit who does have the power and it wields it wields that power to satisfy the request. I think we are saying the same thing here?

I would say so, the individual requesting the power never actually handles and controls the power. Having the ability to wield it at their own whim. Rather they make requests to the spirit who does have the power and it wields it wields that power to satisfy the request. I think we are saying the same thing here?
It’s complicated by the fact that not anyone can request and receive help like that.
It seems that you have to be more than just a nominal member of that particular kingdom to call out the powers in it.

Remember when the disciples couldn’t cast out a certain spirit/s and were told that this could only be cast out by prayer and fasting. He was already pray and fasted up and cast it out immediately. Showing that their spiritual condition was connected to the power that they were trying to wield.

Back