• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How's come there are no great formal polygamy debates on Youtube?

NeoPatriarch

Real Person
Male
It seems to me that we should arrange our very best versus the monogamous positions very best. Maybe we could engage Dr James White.

You Tube would censor it so why bother? Maybe use Rumble instead?

You Tube would censor it so why bother? Maybe use Rumble instead?

I don't know why that would be. There are plenty of debates on YT of James White verses the sacred cow of homosexual marriage. I would have thought that they would put the kabash on that first.

Nevertheless, I don't opposed posting it on Rumble also. Whatever that is.

1. The monogamy-only side has basically nothing to gain and everything to lose from such a debate.
2. Having such a debate would lend legitimacy to the Biblical view of marriage. Suppressing honest discussion makes people like us feel alone. People assume everyone is in agreement on the issue.
3. You don't debate when you know your position isn't tenable, and will be destroyed upon closer inspection.

1. The monogamy-only side has basically nothing to gain and everything to lose from such a debate.
2. Having such a debate would lend legitimacy to the Biblical view of marriage. Suppressing honest discussion makes people like us feel alone. People assume everyone is in agreement on the issue.
3. You don't debate when you know your position isn't tenable, and will be destroyed upon closer inspection.

Yeah, you're probably right. If only we could just get them to say it! That would be a win.

It seems to me that we should arrange our very best versus the monogamous positions very best. Maybe we could engage Dr James White.
I have wondered exactly the same.

Building upon @Bartato's answer:
There is probably not enough influence or strength within the plural marriage community to make it such that this topic will be seriously debated by a 'Big name' theologian/apologist.

Its very easy for church elders to ignore the one 'weird' guy who believes plural marriage is lawful. There is strength in numbers, and we just don't have that strength..yet.

For the moment, this may be a battle may be won from the bottom-up, not top-down.

Rumor has it though that Dr. Luck is currently authoring a new book where he and another theologian (or scholar?) are debating on plural marriage.

Last edited:
I have wondered exactly the same.

Building upon @Bartato's answer:
There is probably not enough influence or strength within the plural marriage community to make it such that this topic will be seriously debated by a 'Big name' theologian/apologist.

Its very easy for church elders to ignore the one 'weird' guy who believes plural marriage is lawful. There is strength in numbers, and we just don't have that strength..yet.

For the moment, this may be a battle may be won from the bottom-up, not top-down.

Rumor has it though that Dr. Luck is currently authoring a book where he and another theologian (or scholar?) are debating on plural marriage.

I hope the "rumor" about William Luck is true. He is a solid Bible scholar.

I hope the "rumor" about William Luck is true. He is a solid Bible scholar.
He has been to at least one retreat of ours.

I believe he spoke at one, and that there were audio recordings of the talks. I remember listening to them back around 2012-2013 when I was figuring out a lot of this stuff.

I lurked for a while. :)
You have been around for a minute. :)

I believe he spoke at one, and that there were audio recordings of the talks. I remember listening to them back around 2012-2013 when I was figuring out a lot of this stuff.

I lurked for a while. :)
“...a while.”??! Yeah, that’s more than “a while” lol

Even without making it a formal debate, just doing a yt channel and creating some pro-polygamy videos linking back to this site would help bring a lot of new people here.

Even without making it a formal debate, just doing a yt channel and creating some pro-polygamy videos linking back to this site would help bring a lot of new people here.
There are a few good sources out there. I had to defend myself last year which led to this series: Authority, Headship, and Family Structure; Responding to David Wilber and JK McKee: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrMBrRFLh5cyFx0SuIrmSCSQX8xbiiYd

And, any who visit my blog's Biblical Marriage page will find this forum's info in the resources.

Pete's video series is excellent. I've listened to 3-5 times driving to and from work. Sadly, the other side of this discussion refuses public debate. The one between Pastor Dowell and Pastor Roberts is pretty good, but one of the debaters is too hot headed and angry for it to be taken as a serious representation of the enforced monogamy position. In my studies I did come across this video series from William Luck on you tube. It's short and to the point as he's not actually responding to a negative position in his videos. Also, in the letters I've written detailing my position on the topic, I put links in the resources back to this forum.

Just some thoughts on the original question "How's come there are no great formal polygamy debates on Youtube?"

I think their needs to be more than a debate, what would be awesome to see is an entire channel pushing it.

I think when you look at YouTube, you have a mostly male audience and a ton of creators have huge amounts of subscribers selling the 'red pill' type stuff.

These guys have more or less intellectually figured out what hypergamy is and many have really gamified the whole process of dealing with women, but what almost all of them lack is any sort of fundamental faith or knowledge of scripture, and are thus lawless in their approach. They are almost entirely subject to evolutionary theology which really degrades their approach to women - as they throw the morality out the window.

It would be amazing if someone could bring that edge these red pill guys have while simultaneously not abandoning some of the moral aspects at play here.

Last edited:
There will need to be a big enough grass roots growth/presence on YT for the big guys to see it and think it's a growing trend they need to stomp out in order for them to get involved, I think.

Back