• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How's come there are no great formal polygamy debates on Youtube?

There will need to be a big enough grass roots growth/presence on YT for the big guys to see it and think it's a growing trend they need to stomp out in order for them to get involved, I think.
The grassroots is growing like a wildfire... big guys just don't realize it yet... I think it is already beyond their ability to contain. Shortly, if they get vocal, it will only give oxygen to the discussion. They are in a no-win situation with too many other fires of their own creation....

The grassroots is growing like a wildfire... big guys just don't realize it yet... I think it is already beyond their ability to contain. Shortly, if they get vocal, it will only give oxygen to the discussion. They are in a no-win situation with too many other fires of their own creation....

Thanks to men like you! I am seeing a steadily growing bit of help in the comments sections, so that's encouraging.

Joys of decentralization and fragmentation where control systems inevitably finds itself under piranha attack.

Message for control system: Have fun amid party time.

I will:
th.jpg

He has been to at least one retreat of ours.
I have a question about the retreats now that you mention it in this context.

I have met and hung out with a couple of the guys from the group so I am a real person by way of the classification on the site but I have not been able to attend a meet up. Ironically because of plural marriage related reasons but that is neither here nor there. I am curious about something though.

The meetups/retreats...how often are there people who show that are not active in the day to day conversation in the forums?

I am curious because I have a theory about plural marriage being significantly more common than we might realize. I have met multiple people in the last few years who are not proverbial advocates for polygamy and who do not ever investigate it, much less talk about it online but who live it. So, I just wonder at times if this trend is reflected to a degree in that there may be those who read tue conversations and occasionally attend gatherings but who do not participate in chatter.

I suppose we could ask @MeganC
specifically given that she has at last count just over four dozen in a plural family under one roof but to the best of my knowledge, she is the only one not just in her family that is online participating in the conversation but even more...there are other Plig families in her church but she is the lone voice.
Wait...does this mean that those of us nattering about the topic are actually the weirdos in the plural set? Hmmmmm

I have a question about the retreats now that you mention it in this context.

I have met and hung out with a couple of the guys from the group so I am a real person by way of the classification on the site but I have not been able to attend a meet up. Ironically because of plural marriage related reasons but that is neither here nor there. I am curious about something though.

The meetups/retreats...how often are there people who show that are not active in the day to day conversation in the forums?

I am curious because I have a theory about plural marriage being significantly more common than we might realize. I have met multiple people in the last few years who are not proverbial advocates for polygamy and who do not ever investigate it, much less talk about it online but who live it. So, I just wonder at times if this trend is reflected to a degree in that there may be those who read tue conversations and occasionally attend gatherings but who do not participate in chatter.

I suppose we could ask @MeganC
specifically given that she has at last count just over four dozen in a plural family under one roof but to the best of my knowledge, she is the only one not just in her family that is online participating in the conversation but even more...there are other Plig families in her church but she is the lone voice.
Wait...does this mean that those of us nattering about the topic are actually the weirdos in the plural set? Hmmmmm
There are multiple regulars at the Retreats that are rarely or even never on the forum.

Biblical Families has a multifaceted approach to ministering truth re headship, patriarchy, and... plural. The forum is just one avenue, though most visible. Retreats, both major and smallervregionals are another branch, a fledgling men's outreach that has had a few small things but stretching into father-son camping with a side of weapons safety/range time, etc.. (event in NE GA May 19-21..).

There is also a women's ministry via chat/connectivity outside of the forum, and we hope to begin coordinating more online education and outreach...

Back