• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Husband = Idol ??

We do know if we draw nigh to Him, He will draw nigh to us.

It’s like being created in His image is somewhat parallel to being molded into our husbands ‘image’, our life is no longer about us when we get married. Same as when we become a Christian. Or having the mind of Christ as Christians - as wives we have the minds of our husbands. We know them so well by their facial expressions or their body language we know they’re tired, fed up, happy or content... more and more I’m seeing married life sometimes parallel to our relationship with Him/Christian life.
We know how to respond to sin, people’s needs, and our husbands request, not by seeing Gods expressions, but by His Word and Spirit in our hearts. We know we’ve sinned by ‘that feeling’ and we know we’ve done or said something not right to our husband by that ‘look’.
Great word ladies!!!! It’s so nice to know I’m not the only one with these same struggles and thoughts.

Windblown,

I'm not very good at quoting Scripture. I've went to many Bible studies and am in the Word daily but memorization is not something I'm not great about. However, I will turn to my Bible and look things up and check the commentary as to not take Scripture out of context. This conversation reminds me of Job. His friends were not giving him the right answers--then God showed up and was not very happy with the advice Job's friends had offered. LOL

I'm curious to hear what your husband thinks regarding this subject and interested in how your relationship to God would be if you were single? If these are too personally of questions, I apologize and understand if you don't share. I just think this is a really great post and has peeked my curiosity.

Michelle

This conversation reminds me of Job. His friends were not giving him the right answers--then God showed up and was not very happy with the advice Job's friends had offered.

“Not very happy”?! God was ANGRY with Job’s friends and told them they didn’t speak truth about Him.
Please, if in my post I haven’t spoken truth about God, please show me where. This is a huge problem, as I would take not speaking as to the truth of God very seriously! Seriously enough that if true, it needs to be fixed.

This conversation reminds me of Job. His friends were not giving him the right answers--then God showed up and was not very happy with the advice Job's friends had offered. LOL

I'm not sure who you are saying is resembling Job's friends because the accusation is vague but I would like to offer apologies to you as well, if you have been offended by anything I have written. None of my advice was meant to be condemning, but rather uplifting and excited about how much there is to experience in the Lord. I thought it was said somewhere in the posts above something along the lines of "This would probably be an easier conversation in real life" but I can't find it anywhere. But I have a feeling that if we were all face to face and could see and feel the genuine spirit of one another than just the text we this conversation would have been taken in the intended spirit. In all of that I mean to say if I am "Job's friend" I am offering my apologies and have stated that I did not intend to have rubbed anyone the wrong way. My heart is very saddened, and that I wish you could see that - because you would see it were truly genuine.

“Not very happy”?! God was ANGRY with Job’s friends and told them they didn’t speak truth about Him.
Please, if in my post I haven’t spoken truth about God, please show me where. This is a huge problem, as I would take not speaking as to the truth of God very seriously! Seriously enough that if true, it needs to be fixed.

Amen and ditto.

Dear Sisters on BF,

I wish we could all talk in person, because what I type and what is in my heart doesn't seem to come out quite right in my writing; hence, my 256 page book that I wrote and never published sitting on the shelf for ten years. My reference to Job was do to the fact that I shared on this thread my personal relationship to God and how I arrived doesn't seem to be the same to Windblown's situation, so I basically wanted her to know that I'm still hoping that she will continue seeking that truth for her and her family and, that although I feel in my heart what a relationship is with God (solid) along with others that shared their thoughts to this thread, it doesn't mean that what she encounters is wrong. I have the biggest shoulders in the world, so I don't think anyone could ever offend me if they are saying things from their hearts.

Thank you for your response. And let me share my relief in not being told I’ve given a false account of God. That would’ve ruined my day. :)

I basically wanted her to know that I'm still hoping that she will continue seeking that truth for her and her family and, that although I feel in my heart what a relationship is with God (solid) along with others that shared their thoughts to this thread, it doesn't mean that what she encounters is wrong.

Great words, @lutherangirl! That we’ll ALL keep seeking the truth!! Seeking the truth is very much what brought me to this forum and all of you sisters-in-Christ. I will be forever thankful for that. :)

Back