• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request I had 4 wheeler accident

Edward

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Good evening everyone,
I tell you what I told my wife when I walked through the door... "I messed up". I wrecked the 4-wheeler, and no I wasn't doing anything stupid, just going fast across the field. I thought I was going over the single dip but apparently it was a double little dip. Anyhow, as you can see in the one photo, broken collar bone, and me lounging with a soft cast on my right hand because I messed up my wrist a little bit. No broken ribs but definitely bruised chest wall. They did a CAT scan of my head because I wasn't wearing a helmet, I was just doing farm work and decided to go fast in the field, nothing new except no grass because I burnt the field last week. The one photo shows kind of where it all began and where the 4-wheeler is laying on it's side is where it all ended. After the accident I was seeing double and possible triple. I remember staggering myself to the house and walking through the door and I told Paula I messed up. I told her to call Curtis, a good prayer warrior friend, and let's start praying. All is well, I am resting, I can't do much for myself since both arms are pretty much out of commission, well at least the left one is. I can drink with my right and barely feed myself.

I would appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery, as I will be off work for a good bit. The nice thing is I have medical leave from work, so I will still be getting paid. All I can say is YaHWeH is good and when you think of the size of my 4-wheeler and everything else, it could have been worse.
papa 2.jpgpapa 1.jpg

papa5.png

It's so easy for that sort of thing to happen. 4-wheelers are very dangerous machines, they feel far more stable than they actually are. There are many farmers who have broken their backs and been paralysed from accidents like this (I stick to 2-wheelers, when you crash them you go one way and the motorbike goes the other, much safer!). You came off lightly.

God be praised.

As a guy that grew up on 4 wheelers, I was curious about the details of your short flight. If you feel good enough to reply, what did you feel like got you (minus the speed)? It looks like it should have been the safest riding possible. Was it un unexpected lift off the ground and perhaps coming down a little to the side or a tire jerk from the dip, or?

Just asking because I've gone through fields way too fast as well and would rather not end up in the same situation some day. ...learning from others is always preferable.

Glad it wasn't worse. God is good, and there's no way to know what you might be being protected from while you're out.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and lots of pampering.

Good evening everyone,
I tell you what I told my wife when I walked through the door... "I messed up". I wrecked the 4-wheeler, and no I wasn't doing anything stupid, just going fast across the field. I thought I was going over the single dip but apparently it was a double little dip. Anyhow, as you can see in the one photo, broken collar bone, and me lounging with a soft cast on my right hand because I messed up my wrist a little bit. No broken ribs but definitely bruised chest wall. They did a CAT scan of my head because I wasn't wearing a helmet, I was just doing farm work and decided to go fast in the field, nothing new except no grass because I burnt the field last week. The one photo shows kind of where it all began and where the 4-wheeler is laying on it's side is where it all ended. After the accident I was seeing double and possible triple. I remember staggering myself to the house and walking through the door and I told Paula I messed up. I told her to call Curtis, a good prayer warrior friend, and let's start praying. All is well, I am resting, I can't do much for myself since both arms are pretty much out of commission, well at least the left one is. I can drink with my right and barely feed myself.

I would appreciate your prayers for a speedy recovery, as I will be off work for a good bit. The nice thing is I have medical leave from work, so I will still be getting paid. All I can say is YaHWeH is good and when you think of the size of my 4-wheeler and everything else, it could have been worse.
View attachment 4298View attachment 4299

View attachment 4300
Ouch big time. Glad you were not dinged up worse.
I had a wreck on once that I limped away from in my misspent youth... the handlebar nearly did me a mischief I won't detail where women can read

I am going to see the bone and joint Doc today. So I came in with @Proverbs3.5 today as I CAN'T drive😞 and will be hanging out in town all day. The nice thing is we work at the hospital, so I can take the shuttle back and forth.

Well no surgery on collar bone, but need one on right wrist lol. There is a fracture in the wrist, but, that's not the problem, it's a tendon/ligament.

Right now my chest IS the most painful, it hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, sit up/down and so on.

Poor Paula, she's had to do ALL of the chores. I told her it would be nice if some of the children were still home or I had a second wife lol.

Now that my right hand is out of the soft cast and in a removable brace,324957998_693456829127452_886793804265333228_n.jpg I am able to DO more by myself. Pink is Paula's favorite color.

Thank you ALL for your prayers and continued prayers.

Good evening, everyone, it has been almost 4 weeks since my accident, and I figured you are all worthy of an update. Wednesday I had a Dr. appointment, my broken collarbone is starting to signs of healing, which is good, the Dr. said it is going to take a while. According to the MRI that I had, the fracture in my right wrist does not exist anymore, but I do have a torn ligament that requires surgery. My ribs, I am happy to say I can pat my ribs without any pain. There is still a small amount of pain, in my ribs when I sneeze. I still have a pretty yellow coloring on the left side of my upper chest. Thank you all for your prayers and please continue to pray for a speedy recovery. When I remember I have been taking bone broth, bone pills, and other bone help supplements. I also need to take supplements that will help with the healing of the ligament. I praise YaHWeH for this trial and may this time be used to draw closer to Him.

Back