• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request I had 4 wheeler accident

As a guy that grew up on 4 wheelers, I was curious about the details of your short flight. If you feel good enough to reply, what did you feel like got you (minus the speed)? It looks like it should have been the safest riding possible. Was it un unexpected lift off the ground and perhaps coming down a little to the side or a tire jerk from the dip, or?

Just asking because I've gone through fields way too fast as well and would rather not end up in the same situation some day. ...learning from others is always preferable.

Glad it wasn't worse. God is good, and there's no way to know what you might be being protected from while you're out.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and lots of pampering.
It just hit me that I never replied to your comment, a 1000 apologies.

The area that began all of this has a double dip, And I've gone through this area fast a number of times but the difference this time is, I went through this area after my fields have been burned, So this was a first, which means I was going a lot faster than I normally go through when there's grass. You know those little seed pods on top of the grass? They pelt you and I don't like being pelted especially when you're not wearing Safety glasses.

So I say all of this to say this, I was going through the double dip area at a much higher speed which changes the dynamics of everything, so going through that area at a much higher speed turned it into more of a jump and landing on the wrong side of the 2nd dip Rear wheels 1st Makes the 4 Wheeler want to flip, I hope that makes sense As I am trying to figure out how it all happened myself and this is the only thing that kind of makes sense.
I remember seeing the front left wheel coming down 1st And seeing that I knew it wasn't gonna be good. To give you an idea of how fast I was going from the time it started and to wear the 4 Wheeler Came to rest on its side, I walked it out and it's approximately 25 yd.

The lesson I learned here is to make sure you're familiar with every area on your property whether it has grass that is tall or like what I did burned it, There is a difference even though it is the same spot.

I'll try and share a couple of pictures of the 4 Wheeler even though it is damaged, the damage was minimal and I give credit to the metal racks that are on the front and rear of the 4 Wheeler. I believe those racks save me hundreds of dollars of damage to the 4 Wheeler. Which is nothing compared to the medical bills that are showing up.

When you said "seeing the front left wheel coming down 1st" it just made me cringe. That's a visual you never want to see.

When I was a kid I used to run through a field at 45-50 mph...looking back at it, it was bumpy as anything but I knew the smooth path through so it wouldn't buck. I could have totally seen that front left wheel coming down like you did and count myself blessed that my youthful confidence did not catch up with me.

I am glad that you made it through it and perhaps your story/experience will keep your own kids from their own mishap later in life.

I have some freedom, with restrictions, no lifting whatsoever.

334661829_590899966232773_5379680551543832397_n.png

Good afternoon everyone, here is an update. The one on the right is the first x-ray, and the one on the left was done last week, the bone is filling in and that is a good sign. The Dr. says I will have a knot there. My wrist does not need surgery, my tendon is torn but not torn in half so it can heal on its own. So I am still off for another 4 weeks.

Thank you all for your prayers and your continued prayers.

337181855_2511617392323775_8855979948119402794_n.jpg

Good morning everyone, this will most likely be my last update. I have been released back to work for full duty, I do need to go back in 6 weeks for an updated x-ray of my shoulder, this is to make sure it is still healing while working.

The DR. said it will still take a few more months to get back to a 100%

The other DR. said my right wrist will take a while to heal, I am supposed to wear my brace at work and while lifting heavy stuff.

It is great to get back to a normal life, like SLEEPING in my BED, LOL

I know @Proverbs3.5 is also happy that she doesn't have to do ALL the chores. LOL

THANK YOU ALL!! For your prayers for the last 3+ months, YaHWeH is good.

Good morning everyone, this will most likely be my last update. I have been released back to work for full duty, I do need to go back in 6 weeks for an updated x-ray of my shoulder, this is to make sure it is still healing while working.

The DR. said it will still take a few more months to get back to a 100%

The other DR. said my right wrist will take a while to heal, I am supposed to wear my brace at work and while lifting heavy stuff.

It is great to get back to a normal life, like SLEEPING in my BED, LOL

I know @Proverbs3.5 is also happy that she doesn't have to do ALL the chores. LOL

THANK YOU ALL!! For your prayers for the last 3+ months, YaHWeH is good.
That first line was pretty ominous brother. I was worried there for a second.

That first line was pretty ominous brother. I was worried there for a second.
I had to go back and read it, and then it hit me. LOL

Just so you know my life is DOING GREAT!! No end-of-life message.

Paula and I got a good laugh out of your findings.

Back