• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I had "the conversation" with a pastor yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the logs for the past month @Asforme&myhouse, I would like to point out that @Mark C has had more posts deleted from this thread than you have - and actually by the same moderator that deleted your own post. There is no bias evident in the logs. Of course, that does not necessarily mean every single post that should have been deleted has been, as I said there's a very good chance things have been left standing that arguably should have been nuked - we don't like censorship any more than the rest of you so don't delete much. I will go through the posts that @NickF has flagged (thankyou) and discuss this further with @The Revolting Man.

I don’t care what mark calls me personally. It matters not at all. However, when his attacks consistently denigrate folks who follow Christ and attempt to rob them of their liberty in Christ Jesus our Lord, I am willing to go out on my shield to protect those who might be babes in Christ from being shamed for their faith on a “christian forum”. He’s is trying to strap huge burdens on the backs of Christ’s sheep, and I won’t stand for it. This ministry is supposed to exist to be a resource for families and because of that we’re all supposed to tone down our deferences to focus on this main goal. I take issue with that because I believe the Gospel should be the primary concern of any ministry. However, this isn’t my ministry and out of respect for the leadership I have scaled back voicing my opinions in order to keep the peace. But, what I’m seeing is daily ridicule and badgering. It finds it’s way into almost every thread and mark is usually the culprit. I’ve been biting my tongue and trying to let the moderation team do their thing and not interfere. Then I say something that somebody thought was quote “borderline” and my post gets deleted, all the while mark continues polluting almost every thread with extreme insults, snark, and vitriol. @FollowingHim I am very skeptical of the idea that you haven’t noticed, because it’s in almost every thread. If we’re going to go the way of the rest of the internet with the whole censorship thing at least censor the biggest culprit or don’t censor anyone.
You know better than anyone else except maybe @FollowingHim that I have had my run ins with the moderation team. You also know how vitriolic the Torah debate has been in the past. You have to admit that things are far better now.

I mostly blow off the “whore church” stuff. It’s so hyperbolic and over the top that I honestly didn’t think anyone took it seriously. He doesn’t explicitly identify who the “whore church” is, and I don’t think we can penalize him for our assumptions. I don’t think any of us can deny that there is a “whore church”.

@Mark C has a writing style that is overheated to the point of being feverish, but he has also made adjustments to the new regime and I think he deserves credit for that.

At some point we all have to be able to accept that someone, somewhere disagrees with us vehemently. There is an “ignore” button for a reason and I’ve used it myself in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back