• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I had "the conversation" with a pastor yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pastors are in a very difficult predicament. I feel something of the weight of it.

If he tells the truth about what the Bible says then the following will very likely happen.
1. He will get fired, be ridiculed, hated, and scorned, drummed out of his career, experience financial hardship, and likely watch his own family disintegrate.
2. His church will probably explode if anyone actually agrees with him.
3. Broader society will utterly despise him....

Your point #2 is spot on. The church explodes. Typically it is called a church split. It is not a pretty sight, but as long as there is a following, the pastor is left without excuse.

Its very simple.

Polygyny from pastors preachering is too much change for [too] much people. That's [why] it won't fly.

Asked and answered: (Luke 12:51, et al)

"“Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.
“For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.

“Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

If His Truth, as Written, ends up dividing the Whore Church, because we can't serve "two masters," and a "house divided" isn't gonna stand anyway, and He warned us about it - REPEATEDLY - who are we to call Him a liar?

What fellowship do we have with it?

And why not just do what He says: "Come out of her!" ?????

Asked and answered: (Luke 12:51, et al)

"“Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.
“For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.

“Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

If His Truth, as Written, ends up dividing the Whore Church, because we can't serve "two masters," and a "house divided" isn't gonna stand anyway, and He warned us about it - REPEATEDLY - who are we to call Him a liar?

What fellowship do we have with it?

And why not just do what He says: "Come out of her!" ?????
Exactly! It happened before. We call that, "The Reformation".

Exactly! It happened before. We call that, "The Reformation".
Except it didn't even remotely "Reform" enough.

=====================================================

I.e., the word "t'shuvah" literally means "return," or "turn around." (Which is why I don't like the translation "repent," at all, 'cause most of the Whore Church hasn't got a CLUE what that word really means!)

Martin Luther at best made about a 90 to 110 degree turn, hardly a 180. And, later, he even walked back a major part of that. Which is why the larger, 'universal' Whore Church refers to all of those who just objected a bit, but still buy into the Big Lies, "protesting catholics," because they STILL accept that claimed authority to re-write His Word for Him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some here have been around long enough to remember Pastor Steve Butt, before there was Biblical Families, but he has his own polygyny-oriented website and ministry. (Which is how some of us met.)

I asked him once, privately, if he had noted a 'denominational bias,' in how licensed pastors responded to the Truth about marriage in Scripture, based on who contacted him.

Answer: "Baptists, because they tend to pride themselves on how well they know and follow Scripture." He then went on to say that so many are thus shocked when they realize that truth, and that their 'church' isn't willing to teach it."

Our fellowship used to be part of the United Church of Christ which is supposedly 'open minded and tolerant' and the denomination itself seemed not to want to know about us being poly. Our last official UCC pastor, Sandy, had to struggle with serving a poly friendly congregation and he and I spoke recently.

First, he was very much still being a pastor. I deeply appreciate that.

But he also admitted to having had to struggle with his innate objections to poly while professing to be tolerant of everyone. This was an issue for him that he overcame as he saw that the poly families had far fewer problems than many of the other families he'd seen. In particular he did not see as much drug and alcohol problems and he also admitted that the home schooled poly kids often were better educated than his own kids.

But when the UCC started staking itself out as a gay church and not a church for everyone then we cut ties.

My point is that denominations sometimes start holding their dogma as more important than Scripture. And some people will deny reality even when it's right in front of them.

Like the reality that poly families as a group can be more successful on a day to day basis and this can be seen in the fruits of these families, meaning the children aren't all effed up like we see in the secular world and liberal Christian world.

Its very simple.

Polygyny from pastors preachering is too much change for roo much people. That's way it won't fly.
I won't be too much for too many, if we continue our "bottom up" approach. As the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of our fellow believers, we will eventually reach critical mass.

Last edited:
I won't be too much for too many, if we continue our "bottom up" approach. As the Holy Spirit opens the eyes of our fellow believers, we will eventually reach critical mass.
Christ is building His Church. All authority in Heaven and on Earth has been (past tense) given to Him. We are therefore commanded to go, proclaim, teach, baptize etc.

The Lord will raise up faithful men, those who tell even the unpopular truths. May we be such men.

His Bride will make herself ready, and be dressed in fine linen (Rev 19).

It will happen and we can be privileged to be part of it, or else be tossed into the trash bin of history.

The Churchian churches are dying. Bottom up is going to happen (because the Lord wills it).

It seems like the censorship only cuts one way. I had a post that was less argumentative than his posts deleted the other day for being too close to the line of being argumentative.
Wouldn't surprise me, because a degree of inconsistency is unavoidable. I don't have time to read every post made on the site and when busy just look at posts that are "reported" on an individual basis without comparing them with everything else on the site. Let it slide if it's minor, but if you have any serious concerns though please do raise them privately with myself or @The Revolting Man as appropriate. There's a good chance something has just slipped past our notice. Do make sure you report posts you are concerned about so we notice them.

Wouldn't surprise me, because a degree of inconsistency is unavoidable. I don't have time to read every post made on the site and when busy just look at posts that are "reported" on an individual basis without comparing them with everything else on the site. Let it slide if it's minor, but if you have any serious concerns though please do raise them privately with myself or @The Revolting Man as appropriate. There's a good chance something has just slipped past our notice. Do make sure you report posts you are concerned about so we notice them.
If I were to call the TO people, the synagogue of satan, would that be considered argumentative? Would you delete that post?

It's simply pragmatic @Asforme&myhouse and @NVIII. If you think a post needs moderator attention, click the "report" button and @The Revolting Man or I will have a look at it. If you don't think it's important enough to mention to us, don't complain that we either didn't notice or, like you, didn't consider it important enough to bother with. This forum is a team effort, and you've got a part to play, as we are not omniscient.

Reported a couple items.

It's simply pragmatic @Asforme&myhouse and @NVIII. If you think a post needs moderator attention, click the "report" button and @The Revolting Man or I will have a look at it. If you don't think it's important enough to mention to us, don't complain that we either didn't notice or, like you, didn't consider it important enough to bother with. This forum is a team effort, and you've got a part to play, as we are not omniscient.
The collective testosterone level around here seems to be dropping by the day. I don’t give a crap what people say, but I hate censorship. To whoever reported my post for being “borderline argumentative” you’re a coward. I’m assuming it was a member of the SOS.

If I were to call the TO people, the synagogue of satan, would that be considered argumentative? Would you delete that post?
How about referencing Galatians 4, and calling them "sons of the slave woman" SOTSW? That seems reasonable since Mark regularly refers to all Christians that don't hold his particular belief system as "the whore church".

By the way, I don't think all the T.O. guys are SOTSW, but I'm pretty sure some are.

By the way, I don't think all the T.O. guys are SOTSW, but I'm pretty sure some are.
Of course not all of them are, but they don’t police their own, which makes them complicit. Have you ever any of them call out mark for his false “whore church” rhetoric?

How about referencing Galatians 4, and calling them "sons of the slave woman" SOTSW? That seems reasonable since Mark regularly refers to all Christians that don't hold his particular belief system as "the whore church".
Because I think Revelation 3:9-10 is more fitting. “9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.”
Revelation 3:9-10

Maybe we can request Mr Call get a badge to go right there next to "Male" or "Real Person". But his gets to be "Slanderer". Seems apropos considering slandering most of the ecclesia for not following his flavor of dogma is technically correct.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Gentlemen, please!
I don’t care what mark calls me personally. It matters not at all. However, when his attacks consistently denigrate folks who follow Christ and attempt to rob them of their liberty in Christ Jesus our Lord, I am willing to go out on my shield to protect those who might be babes in Christ from being shamed for their faith on a “christian forum”. He’s is trying to strap huge burdens on the backs of Christ’s sheep, and I won’t stand for it. This ministry is supposed to exist to be a resource for families and because of that we’re all supposed to tone down our deferences to focus on this main goal. I take issue with that because I believe the Gospel should be the primary concern of any ministry. However, this isn’t my ministry and out of respect for the leadership I have scaled back voicing my opinions in order to keep the peace. But, what I’m seeing is daily ridicule and badgering. It finds it’s way into almost every thread and mark is usually the culprit. I’ve been biting my tongue and trying to let the moderation team do their thing and not interfere. Then I say something that somebody thought was quote “borderline” and my post gets deleted, all the while mark continues polluting almost every thread with extreme insults, snark, and vitriol. @FollowingHim I am very skeptical of the idea that you haven’t noticed, because it’s in almost every thread. If we’re going to go the way of the rest of the internet with the whole censorship thing at least censor the biggest culprit or don’t censor anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back