• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I know that we are called to forgive but....

That is where we are. It is an estrangement. My philosophy towards this situation is this, "you can always be nice to a dog and try to pet a dog but if the dog continues to bite you then why continue to show the dog attention." I have been bitten way to much. By all means, I am not calling her a dog but my illustration.

Dogs react negatively to fear. Sometimes people with personality issues that we can't really understand learn to push the right buttons in us and they love to make us react. Take away that ability and they lose their power. Recognize the buttons she is pushing and don't let her take your power away.

Proverbs 25:21If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. 22In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthew 18:21-22 NLT
21Then Peter came to him and asked, “Lord, how often should I forgive someonei who sins against me? Seven times?”

22“No, not seven times,” Jesus replied, “but seventy times seven!j

Back