• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Ideas to spread the awareness

anioko1

I assume that many people here share the same beliefs that could or should be promoted to the rest of the world. Some people have taken steps to share these beliefs with their immediate marketplace while some haven't. I thought maybe we could share ideas on ways to spread the message. Some ideas are:

Books
Movies - Animations or normal ones
Tv Series - Animations or normal ones
Mobile Games
Ted Talks
Bible Debates
Radio and TV interviews
Building all-inclusive dating sites
Merchandise (T-shirts, car stickers etc)
Community events (E.g Parades, Retreats, Meetups)

Most major societal changes I'm aware of were precipitated by a slew of many small things. 1964 we see MLK Jr. Gets the nobel peace prize for walking across a bridge. A few months earlier solar panels are first popularized and presented as a positive replacement for the evils of nuclear. In december of 64 a fashion designer shocks the world by designing the monokini, a topless bathing suit for women, specifically as a statement about women's liberation. 1965 sees hormonal birth control released for general use, as a means of freeing women from the ruin of being mothers. Also fiat currency drops the gold standard.

Now think to today, and the results of a walk, a university lecture, a woman on the fashion runway, a single medication, and the stroke of a pen.

These were not necessarily coordinated efforts to bring about what we see today, 60 years later. Not by the individuals who made these acts. I would bet most of those folk were not in the same circles.

Little acts, little here, a little there, but working together in a consistent direction dragged by the gravitational pull of history. A trillion drops become the river that cuts through stone.

So I would say, to achieve critical mass... Become the vocal major minority. Birth thousands, teach by dozens, and recognize that our enemies are pre-disposed to removing themselves from the annals of time through Abortion, murder, refusal to reproduce, self-mutilation, and self-destruction.

On the scale of the infinite; Israel has already won.

I have been thinking for a while books are good idea, but instead of the in depth Bible study type book, we need some good fiction that incorporates what we believe. Story telling can be a powerful persuasive tool. Instead of just saying "men can have more than one wife" tell the story of a woman who made bad choices, comes to the Lord, and finds shelter in the home of a God fearing patriarch.

One of the things I fear is to be lumped in with the wicked anything goes sexually crowd that wants anything and everything recognized and supported.

I don’t have a desire for recognition of biblical beliefs if it is under the umbrella of sexual deviancy, which is being pushed incessantly.

I used to dabble in short stories. Maybe I'll pick that touch of a hobby up again. I keep failing NaNoWriMo from being too ambitious compared to my motivation.

Anyone care to be the Lewis to my Tolkien? I find it easier when writing together with another, that the stories become a conversation, a dialogue.

Books are still highly effective in means of influence, but the most effective example is walking the talk. For me, I'm old now and it's a little late to be taking on more wives but I can certainly pass on what I learned about marriage, both biblical and otherwise and hopefully my words will help steer some of the following generation clear of the pitfalls and delusions associated with it.

Books are still highly effective in means of influence, but the most effective example is walking the talk. For me, I'm old now and it's a little late to be taking on more wives but I can certainly pass on what I learned about marriage, both biblical and otherwise and hopefully my words will help steer some of the following generation clear of the pitfalls and delusions associated with it.
This is great!

Books and media can be fantastic means to have an effect on a large quantity of people. But mentoring more young men to walk righteously in the way will have the quality effect. Father figures are in short supply nowadays, and (as you all know) despite what the media and mainstream thinkers of our time would lead us to believe, father's are incredibly important and uniquely equipped to shape their sons.

Yeah, that's ideal, and all it takes is two to start. Somehow, despite that being the consistent answer for two-four thousand years, it has a tendency to break down because all it takes is one to break the chain of discipleship. Which is why I think we need elders to have multiple youngsters under them. "Multiply"

I have been thinking for a while books are good idea, but instead of the in depth Bible study type book, we need some good fiction that incorporates what we believe. Story telling can be a powerful persuasive tool. Instead of just saying "men can have more than one wife" tell the story of a woman who made bad choices, comes to the Lord, and finds shelter in the home of a God fearing patriarch.
Don Milton has written some fiction. One of his books, Prince Of Sumba: Husband To Many Wives, is a good fictional story with Bible references throughout. I know he's writing more.

I'm not so old I don't recall when I was a youngster, full of myself and not much else. I didn't listen much to my elders and I'm sorry I didn't because much of what they taught turned out to be true. Consequently, I learned many things the "hard way". I recall standing in a line up at the grocery store and a young lad from one of the local churches was congratulated by the pastor's wife on his engagement. I thought I would take the opportunity to remind him to bear in mind that he was entitled to as many wives as the good LORD gave him. Needless to say that didn't go over well with the pastor's wife. She was all ready for a debate and I told her I would debate the matter with her husband any time, any place. I told her to let him know this and to contact me when he was ready to discuss the matter. Well, he never did (which thing doesn't surprise me) but I'm hoping the memory of that event was ingrained on that young man's mind.

I'm not so old I don't recall when I was a youngster, full of myself and not much else. I didn't listen much to my elders and I'm sorry I didn't because much of what they taught turned out to be true. Consequently, I learned many things the "hard way". I recall standing in a line up at the grocery store and a young lad from one of the local churches was congratulated by the pastor's wife on his engagement. I thought I would take the opportunity to remind him to bear in mind that he was entitled to as many wives as the good LORD gave him. Needless to say that didn't go over well with the pastor's wife. She was all ready for a debate and I told her I would debate the matter with her husband any time, any place. I told her to let him know this and to contact me when he was ready to discuss the matter. Well, he never did (which thing doesn't surprise me) but I'm hoping the memory of that event was ingrained on that young man's mind.
It's no contest. You have the scripture to back you up. That pastor's wife probably had a bunch of empty arguments.

Once you actually read what's in the Bible, rather than have someone try to interpret it for you, it's a slam dunk case.

I have a copy of Prince Sumba sent to me directly by Don Milton. Don and I have spoken on the phone frequently. It is an interesting novel, humourous, but I find it somewhat far-fetched. To each their own, I suppose. I'm especially grateful of Don's work on Theylphthora and I can only imagine the pain-staking hours he took to make legible copies of these remarkable volumes to be read in our modern times. I also own copies of this extensive work as well and it's well worth the read. Don is a true asset to humanity in this regard.

It's no contest. You have the scripture to back you up. That pastor's wife probably had a bunch of empty arguments.

Once you actually read what's in the Bible, rather than have someone try to interpret it for you, it's a slam dunk case.
Absolutely. I've never once lost a debate on the subject and I feel as though I've debated with the best of them. I've had pastors and church leaders jump up and down (literally) screaming at me, "You're wrong! You're wrong! You're wrong!" but they can't quote a single scripture or verse that substantiates their position whereas I can offer them dozens upon dozens of examples where the LORD supports it, directs it, acknowledges it and never once condemns it. Pastors today need to stick with what thus saith the LORD.

Absolutely. I've never once lost a debate on the subject and I feel as though I've debated with the best of them. I've had pastors and church leaders jump up and down (literally) screaming at me, "You're wrong! You're wrong! You're wrong!" but they can't quote a single scripture or verse that substantiates their position whereas I can offer them dozens upon dozens of examples where the LORD supports it, directs it, acknowledges it and never once condemns it. Pastors today need to stick with what thus saith the LORD.
Amen. Screaming you're wrong is not an argument. Sorry. Either back up what you say with Bible or sit down. I am not interested in hearing opinions anymore. I want truth.

If you feel I am wrong, refute my argument with scripture and a clear argument. End of story. If you come at me with Bible, I might actually listen to what you say.

Back