• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Instagram post on nagging

I am having a hard time imagining spending money in such an out of balance fashion.

Me too. Yet so many people do it. I recall growing up in LA and a common thing I'd see would be expensive cars parked outside of apartment buildings.

The worst thing I ever saw were the low income people driving old cars and they'd put $20,000 to $50,000 worth of ghetto rims on them!

091323.jpg

Me too. Yet so many people do it. I recall growing up in LA and a common thing I'd see would be expensive cars parked outside of apartment buildings.

The worst thing I ever saw were the low income people driving old cars and they'd put $20,000 to $50,000 worth of ghetto rims on them!

View attachment 3721
Agreed. Many people rig the system to have a job, pay little to no taxes and also ‘qualify on paper’ to take advantage if programs designed for true low income.

View attachment 3721
LOL my first truck as a teenager was a Chevy S-10 that was decades old, I paid $2,500 for it. The rims and tires on it cost me $1,500, the system in it cost me a few hundred dollars and I lived in an old run down trailer with my grandma. Couple years later I realized how stupid I looked and grew out of it, i'll never understand grown people still doing such ridiculous things.

View attachment 3721

My grandfather had a thing about white trash. He would regularly point out to me the really crappy old single wide mobile homes with brand new Cadillacs out front. He regularly repeated this one phrase that I will be passing along to my son. "If you ain't got no money, you done et".

I don't mind spending money on things that are valid and provide a lot of value. A good example is dropping a bunch of money on a home freeze dryer last year. I have expected shortages as a result of a cascade of events for quite a while. So I did something to ensure my families ability to weather that period. I see tonnes of value in that...and yes, that is a none too subtle and unabashed virtue signal to all the smart prepper girls out theretumblr_leh0pmrzSR1qbu1qvo1_500 (1).gif

But shiny and attempting to project some sort of image of success or high personal qualities because of a product being fancy... no thanks. Sounds like lame magpie behavior.
Those idiot rims will surely get you loads more mating privileges Scooter (rolls eyes)

Back