• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introduction

I understand your concerns with regard to the family, its a hard one to tackle. You may already be doing this but what I found worked for us is to bring the subject up in simple conversation, perhaps from the perspective of the TV show or even better from a scriptural perspective. If it is raised now and is just a conversation about the scriptures it will enable your family to discuss the subject without any personal pressure on either them or yourself.

Excellent advice! Bravo, @Aussies!

Welcome I hope you get all the answers your looking for. A word of wisdom always focuse and listen to God

I became more and more interested over the years and became more open to it if it was the Lord's will for my life. My family doesn't know yet. They would freak if they did.
Congratulations on being open enough to consider that God might purpose such a thing. You have already won, in that by being open to the possibility you have more options, and perhaps better options available to you.
You might be right, your family might freak. I talked with a woman years ago who married as a third wife. Her family initially disowned her, but the grandchildren later motivated them to re build bridges. She was very happy after then 35 or so years of marriage.

I have found the knowledge of biblical marriage a complete blessing, and this community of polygyny supporters a great comfort. If you only talk to modern women who are crazy opposed to the concept you could feel like a misfit, but when you can fit in with the likes of this bunch.... you feel like the rare gem you are!
I hope you enjoy your interactions here.
Welcome!! :)

Welcome Rae! So good to have you here. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Shalom and welcome from Mo

Welcome!

Back