• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is it worth it?

SaintPaul

Male
Hello,

I want to ask what you all think of PM being worth the outcast status. I die on the hill of getting the way to Heaven right (the Gospel message. Faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.).

How do you guys justify being outcasts and having an appearance of evil across almost every church for PM?

Note: I understand that PM is biblical, and it is even something that I desire.

Thank you for reading. Sorry if the post is too short.

Note: It isn't really an appearance of evil, but in the eyes of said churches, they think you are doing evil.

Acceptance of ALL of the Bible is what Yah judges those “churches” by.
If they reject His Word, what is it to us if they reject us?

I just thought of something on this that could perhaps make some progress.

Imagine that the majority of mainstream 'Churchianity comes to believe homosexuality to be righteous. I would still not allow it in a church that I pastor nor would I attend the congregation of an homosexuality supporting 'church'. This is because the only way to please such a mainstream would be to sin.

Can we find a parallel here with polygynous marriage? Perhaps one could argue that it is a sin to 'forbid marriage'. If that is the case, the only way to be accepted by Churchianity nowadays is to forbid marriage of more than one wife, to sin.

Maybe there's something there.

I just thought of something on this that could perhaps make some progress.

Imagine that the majority of mainstream 'Churchianity comes to believe homosexuality to be righteous. I would still not allow it in a church that I pastor nor would I attend the congregation of an homosexuality supporting 'church'. This is because the only way to please such a mainstream would be to sin.

Can we find a parallel here with polygynous marriage? Perhaps one could argue that it is a sin to 'forbid marriage'. If that is the case, the only way to be accepted by Churchianity nowadays is to forbid marriage of more than one wife, to sin.

Maybe there's something there.
It is a doctrine of devils and a sin to forbid marriage that God permits. It is also blasphemy to avow that polygny is unrighteousness. God has multiple brides, to assert it is unholiness to have more than one wife is to call God unholy.

1 Timothy 4:1-3 KJV
[1] … Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; [3] Forbidding to marry…

It is a doctrine of devils and a sin to forbid marriage that God permits. It is also blasphemy to avow that polygny is unrighteousness. God has multiple brides, to assert it is unholiness to have more than one wife is to call God unholy.

1 Timothy 4:1-3 KJV
[1] … Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; [2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; [3] Forbidding to marry…
Yeah, I was thinking of that Timothy passage. These are all good points. Seems like if we publicly deny polygyny we could be under the sin of forbidding marriage.

Also there is this verse:
"He that pronounces the unjust just, and the just unjust, is unclean and abominable with God." (Proverbs 17:15)
So, if we speak condemnation against polygyny in order to fit in, we would also be calling good evil.

EDIT: Substituted 'hide' with 'denial'. What I meant is; if we publicly support prescriptive monogamy whether as a pastor or congregant, then we could be committing those sins.

Last edited:
Note: It isn't really an appearance of evil, but in the eyes of said churches, they think you are doing evil.
The appearance of evil is the appearance of something God says is evil. Nobody else gets to change something good into something evil. They can think it’s evil to drink a beer. But God did not say it was evil. We should abstain from all appearances of what He has called evil.

I think that’s a stretch.
I should have put 'denial' rather than hiding. Not saying anything is of course not putting us under those sins.

What I mean is proclaiming support for prescriptive monogamy from the pulpit or the pew in order to fit in. Sorry, my mistake in the wording there.

Last edited:
Ahh, yes. Just being silent on belief does not equate to sin in my opinion. I could be SO wrong.

Saying it is wrong when you know otherwise would amount to exchanging darkness for light, bitter for sweet, and condemning someone as unjust who God calls just.

Yeah. Seems we're to be outcasts, stay silent about it in a prescriptive monogamy church, find niche communities, or start our own churches then. Guess that all solves it. Thank you for the responses.

Jesus was a social outcast, so hated that the mainstream religious authorities had Him crucified. He didn't adhere to the religious norms but deliberately challenged them by healing people on the Sabbath. The religious norms of our day are (among other things) monogamy-only and need to be challenged because they misrepresent our Lord and Savior. It seems to me that nearly all religious leaders today would side with the ruler of the synagogue against Jesus for healing on the Sabbath (see Luke 13:24).

Who would you rather stand with? Would it better to be part of the inoffensive majority or to stand with Jesus Christ and face being ostracised by the majority? Be prepared to be crucified if you stand with Jesus Christ. He said, “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you (John 15:18-19).

Hello,

I want to ask what you all think of PM being worth the outcast status. I die on the hill of getting the way to Heaven right (the Gospel message. Faith alone in Jesus Christ alone.).

How do you guys justify being outcasts and having an appearance of evil across almost every church for PM?

Note: I understand that PM is biblical, and it is even something that I desire.

Thank you for reading. Sorry if the post is too short.

The question you are asking is not the right question. You're saying that the church will make you an outcase because of PM, when the opposite is true, you engaging in PM is going to shine a light on the hypocrisy of the church. Do you really want to go to a church that does not follow the Gospel? Perhaps you are right and the church is wrong.

I left everything to marry my second, it was specific obedience to the Father to do so. I love Him more than any family member or assembly. I will follow Him even to my death. You couldn't pay me enough money or offer me anything on this earth to go back to my previous life. I have seen so clearly what He wants for His people, I am happy to be His bondslave.

Hello,

I want to ask what you all think of PM being worth the outcast status.

Outcast? Never got any of that. Granted there were times it was easier to avoid the topic. Personal friends and family etc, never got any static. At least on my and my first wives family's part. They were perfectly supportive and my second wife was welcomed by everyone.
We received a surprisingly small amount of interest.
Normal is as normal does.

Our family situation is not known by many. I always felt as a first wife that the only thing I would lose would be people thinking I was a monogamy minded woman.
Turns out people will probably think less of my/our wonderful husband too.
My newest pet peeve is the assumptions people make about motives, or what they think must have been lacking in the first marriage.

If the world adopted a one child policy like China for 2000 years, people would think families with more then one child were weird, and most of the wrong assumptions about poly would be applied to a family having a second child.

Weren't they happy with the first?
Was there a problem?
How could the second feel as loved?
How could they love another?

I also felt it would be a poor deal indeed to trade another loving family member in for the pretended support of family, and so called friends, if indeed their support was dependant upon us conforming to a man made social construct.

YHWH's law made men accountable for every relationship they chose to begin.

You slept with a single woman, now you go talk to her dad.
You got involved with an available woman and you already have a wife? Now you have two.

You found a woman who is interested in you....but you're already married? Better not divorce and replace your wife you made a commitment to.

Once you see the damage cause by secular humanism (baal worship) replacing YHWH's righteous standards with lawlessness, and you see the broken and damaged lives. You either turn from it...or become part of the problem. I was an outspoken advocate for polygyny for many years. I didn't know if we would ever live it. I am now looking forward to life with our family and opportunities growing in new directions.

Is it worth it? We haven't faced much social backlash yet.....but there is no doubt in my mind that the blessings far outweigh any issue the world could throw at us!

Last edited:
To be honest, even though we aren’t practicing poly, and I’m not pursuing anybody, all my friends and family are either supportive or simply say I must be crazy to consider a second woman.

All my friends who are super conservative evangelicals immediately disagree, we simply work through the arguments they present and I show in scripture that there is ample evidence their worldview is inconsistent with God’s word. Then they generally say something like “well, I can’t say it’s sin, but it’s not for me” to which I simply say “great!”

Back