• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is PM a calling or a gift from God?

The purpose of this group is to help restore a biblical understanding of marriage and family (which presupposes a biblical understanding of gender roles). Biblical marriage permits, or is even conducive to, plural marriage, but does not require it. We're not promoting plural marriage per se, it's just an obvious, sort of in-your-face version of biblical marriage, so it gets more attention.
Spot on Andrew! Great balanced explanation.

I asked Kevin how to spell the word (I suck at spelling lol and I am not afraid to say that) and it is Makarios in Greek it means blessed. And when you define blessed it means to grow larger or longer. So if you look at the fact that the step before is ascended member after you ascend you become blessed and grow larger (in knowledge and in relationship with G-d) I think it works.

Since Mojo is now steaming his way toward 360 points, it's probably a good time to open the floor for nominations for the appropriate title. To review:

360 pts - ???
240 pts - Ascended Member
120 pts - Esteemed Member
45 pts - Well-Known Member

Any ideas? :cool:

Descended Member.

Now this, "He ascended," what is it but that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?

Although, really, the order is reversed.

The 360 pts title should be MONK

After attaining said title the recipient must take a vow of celibacy or monogamy, whichever applies. That should slow everyone down a bit.
How about a vow of polygamy?! :)
I’m totally using that sometime in the near future,

“I’m sorry dear, you can not be the only one for I have taken a vow of polygamy” :p

Ethereal member
Absolutely!

Or we're just enjoying some good, clean fun.... ;) Since Mojo is now steaming his way toward 360 points, it's probably a good time to open the floor for nominations for the appropriate title. To review:

360 pts - ???
240 pts - Ascended Member
120 pts - Esteemed Member
45 pts - Well-Known Member

Any ideas? :cool:
Ethereal member

Descended Member.

Now this, "He ascended," what is it but that he also first descended into the lower parts of the earth?

Although, really, the order is reversed.

True, and, also, one would think we might have skipped some type of rather crucial step in between ascending and descending, anyway . . .

. . . how about Enveloped Member?

Back