• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is there nothing left?????

rustysdove11

Real Person
Female
So I was in Walmart the other day looking at nail polish, I happened to read the back and there was a warning stating that there were ingredients in this particular bottle that have been proven to cause “hormone imbalance” and “reproductive problems”!!! I thought I’d google the issue and found out it’s common! I mean, why does everything have to be so toxic? I paint my 3 and 9 year old daughters nails, it’s one of the fun girly things that we do.... we just wanted sparkly nails, is that REALLY so much to ask? :confused::eek:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.te...use-reproductive-and-development-problems.htm

Can you still get them without that particular chemical in them?
There's chemicals in everything. It sucks, really. There's heaps of women now having problems with PCOS, endometriosis, and just plain old infertility with no answer. I do wonder where it's coming from. Is it make up? Is it vaccines? Is it the food we're consuming? Is it birth control?(most likely answer tbh)

I do wonder where it's coming from. Is it make up? Is it vaccines? Is it the food we're consuming? Is it birth control?(most likely answer tbh)
Why would it be any one thing?
I believe that we were designed to live in an environment where none of these assaulted our bodies. That we do as well as we do is a total blessing.

As a truck driver I live in a toxic environment and find that I have to be very intentional in minimizing my exposure to all things unnatural.

Can you still get them without that particular chemical in them?
There's chemicals in everything. It sucks, really. There's heaps of women now having problems with PCOS, endometriosis, and just plain old infertility with no answer. I do wonder where it's coming from. Is it make up? Is it vaccines? Is it the food we're consuming? Is it birth control?(most likely answer tbh)

I don’t know, most nail polish companies don’t give you ingredients lists.... Same with most laundry detergents. I’ll have to see if I can find a list of clean polishes?

I don’t know, most nail polish companies don’t give you ingredients lists.... Same with most laundry detergents. I’ll have to see if I can find a list of clean polishes?
Can you make your own? I mean, sounds bizarre, but people used to do this sort of thing before we invented crazy chemicals recently. Crushed bugs and all that. Could be a great thing to research with your daughters and make yourselves.

We make our own laundry soap. I'd look to that route for the nail polish and makeup. But we just do without. I never liked makeup on my woman and she quickly quit using it. After a lot of healing using natural foods and medicine her skin changed to the point she has no need of it anyway. Her facial skin is such people have a really hard time guessing her age correctly thinking she's far younger.

I think most of it is caused by our consumerism. We all want products that work quickly, dry quickly, sparkle longer, are water resistant, etc. etc. I work in the trades and building materials become easier to apply and install every day. Paints that used to require a good deal of skill to apply, proper temperature, and the right type of brush, now comes in a spray can that doesn’t clog, works upside down, right side up, sticks to virtually any surface, and dries hard enough in 15 minutes for you to install the next piece. We used to have lots of different glues for different materials that we work with, but now that list is getting shorter and shorter. We have a glue now that bonds almost any material, it has an activator spray that causes it to set in less than ten seconds and is fully cured to a tensile strength of 4000 psi in five minutes. It makes everything faster and easier, but at what cost?

Shipping this root extract from South America or that mineral from Africa is by far more expensive than making up a synthetic compound in the lab to achieve better results. All in all, I think it’s the microwave generation wanting it NOW, that’s the driving force behind it.

If a particular chemical is of interest to you (for whatever reason), google the name of the chemical along with MSDS (material safety data sheet. You’ll learn what you need to know about that chemical.

Methyl Ethyl Keytone (MEK) is used in finger nail polish remover. But it’s nasty stuff to the body. Plenty of warnings with that.

google the name of the chemical along with MSDS (material safety data sheet. You’ll learn what you need to know about that chemical.

Well, you'll learn the 'accepted science' anyway. They don't find what they don't look for and they don't publicize those they do find which they don't want you to know about. Figuring that stuff out takes some hunting.

There can be natural alternatives or at least less toxic ones, but i've never been a big nail painter soo.. lol not a big loss for me.

https://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/green-life/2014/02/7-stylish-toxin-free-nail-polish-brands

Quick search found this listing for non-toxic nail polishes. Often water based.
A couple of decades ago when I was getting out of the cabinet business, waterborne coatings were the new thing for the environmentally friendly.
That people have continued to be sold the highly toxic stuff for applying to their bodies has boggled my mind.

FWIW, the originally intended Tin Man for The Wizard of Oz, Buddy Ebsen, almost died from the paint that they used on his face. He was too sick to film the movie.

Last edited:
We live in a chemical soup these days. The more you can do without, make it or cook it from scratch, and avoid the chemical products and wiz-bang conveniences of our throw-away society the healthier you'll be.

Back