• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 26th - coffee or tea?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1532613838351.jpg
I drink both coffee and tea but prefer mostly coffee. I like dark roast blends the best and prefer a little hazelnut creamer in it. I like it hot and iced depending on the weather. I am a person who enjoys a Starbucks now and then, so my two favorite drinks outside of the house are from them - a caramel macchiato with half the pumps of syrup and iced and a London Fog. A London Fog (part of where I got my screen name from) is an Earl Grey latte. How do you prefer you cuppa?

I am a creamer with a hint of coffee kind of girl :p

I like some teas as well, red raspberry leaf tea (pregnancy tea in particular haha) or chamomile.

Both please! Coffee every morning tho. Black! I used to be a super fru fru coffee drinker and wouldn’t touch a sip unless it had heavy cream, and some type of flavoring. I did finally pare down to just a flavored creamer. And when money was really tight I made myself stop creamer altogether. It got pricy. Now every now and then I will treat myself with some creamer or a blended double shot Carmel macchiato. :)

As for tea!! Yes please!! I used to drink super sweet lemon or raspberry fountain type teas but it’s just too sweet now. So I typically drink reg. Black tea or green tea with lemon or lime.

I was raised by LDS parents so we didn't drink coffee or tea and only rarely soda.
We did drink herb teas and I still like many of those.

As an adult I have found I prefer unsweetened, or barely sweetened tea to soda or deadly sweet lemonade when eating out, exception being an occasional root beer with Mexican food or pizza (Virgil's is really good!).

I have in the last year learned to really enjoy coffee. I understand it is full of antioxidants that I think may have helped me lately. I can do mornings fine without it, but like a cup mid day to combat the afternoon slump! :)
I like it hot in the winter, care less in the summer, love vanilla or hazelnut flavored coffees and use our good sheep milk for creamer. I sometimes make mine more of a coffee based hot chocolate adding cocoa and vanilla too.
My daughter likes her coffee "milked down" to the point it's coffee flavored milk.

@Joleneakamama I grew up LDS too but we were definitely Jack. We always had sweet tea in the house and my father had coffee on occasion. Did your family drink pero? I heard of it growing up but never had any till recently. It is actually delicious!

My son is like your daughter he drinks what we call coffee milk. A full glass of goats milk with just a shot of coffee.

@Joleneakamama I grew up LDS too but we were definitely Jack. We always had sweet tea in the house and my father had coffee on occasion. Did your family drink pero? I heard of it growing up but never had any till recently. It is actually delicious!

My son is like your daughter he drinks what we call coffee milk. A full glass of goats milk with just a shot of coffee.
Yes, we drank Pero, and still buy it on occasion. I also like a drink called Inka (from Poland I think) even better.
My kidlets like getting roots from the Mallow plant (round leafed weed) and they wash them, cut them in peices, toast them, and grind them to make a coffee substitute that is really yummy.

Yes, we drank Pero, and still buy it on occasion. I also like a drink called Inka (from Poland I think) even better.
My kidlets like getting roots from the Mallow plant (round leafed weed) and they wash them, cut them in peices, toast them, and grind them to make a coffee substitute that is really yummy.

Oh my that would be fun!! (Mallow plant) we have that “growing like weeds” around here. And one of our favorite adventures is studying about plants in our area that are edible. Thanks for that heads up!!

I like some teas as well, red raspberry leaf tea (pregnancy tea in particular haha) or chamomile.

Do you care what kind of creamer? Or any kind?
Both please! Coffee every morning tho. Black! I used to be a super fru fru coffee drinker and wouldn’t touch a sip unless it had heavy cream, and some type of flavoring. I did finally pare down to just a flavored creamer. And when money was really tight I made myself stop creamer altogether. It got pricy. Now every now and then I will treat myself with some creamer or a blended double shot Carmel macchiato. :)

As for tea!! Yes please!! I used to drink super sweet lemon or raspberry fountain type teas but it’s just too sweet now. So I typically drink reg. Black tea or green tea with lemon or lime.

It can get really expensive! My son and a relative that's staying here temporarily like a lot in theirs too. But I can make a bottle last about three weeks if it is just me since I usually only use 2 tbs a cup now. Someday I wonder if I will be able to drink it black..

Yeah I don't like fountain drinks, too sweet for me now. When I was a kid I remember thinking that they weren't very sweet lol. We have been buying carbonated water, like La Croy. I like those because they have no sugar at all.

I was raised by LDS parents so we didn't drink coffee or tea and only rarely soda.
We did drink herb teas and I still like many of those.

As an adult I have found I prefer unsweetened, or barely sweetened tea to soda or deadly sweet lemonade when eating out, exception being an occasional root beer with Mexican food or pizza (Virgil's is really good!).

I have in the last year learned to really enjoy coffee. I understand it is full of antioxidants that I think may have helped me lately. I can do mornings fine without it, but like a cup mid day to combat the afternoon slump! :)
I like it hot in the winter, care less in the summer, love vanilla or hazelnut flavored coffees and use our good sheep milk for creamer. I sometimes make mine more of a coffee based hot chocolate adding cocoa and vanilla too.

My daughter likes her coffee "milked down" to the point it's coffee flavored milk.

Oh snap! I do that too! I'll heat half coffee and half unsweetened almond milk and add some cocoa mix to it! Yum!

I don't even like the smell of coffee.
I'm a tea girl, hot (none of this iced nonsense), strong, with milk. If I'm wanting something special I have a chai latte.

:eek: I love the smell of coffee lol!

Chai is good and I like my tea with milk too :)

That Mallow root thing sounds fantastic!!

Oh my that would be fun!! (Mallow plant) we have that “growing like weeds” around here. And one of our favorite adventures is studying about plants in our area that are edible. Thanks for that heads up!!
That Mallow root thing sounds fantastic!!
The only real troubles with making it is it takes time and it's easy to over roast and burn it, especially if some of the pieces are thinner then others.
I bought chicory seeds this year, and might try making a brewable hot drink with chicory roots and sprouted toasted barley someday.
Shucks, I might even try making root beer from scratch....if I live long enough and the pace of life slows down a bit. ;)

The only real troubles with making it is it takes time and it's easy to over roast and burn it, especially if some of the pieces are thinner then others.
I bought chicory seeds this year, and might try making a brewable hot drink with chicory roots and sprouted toasted barley someday.
Shucks, I might even try making root beer from scratch....if I live long enough and the pace of life slows down a bit. ;)

Chicory is what we have growing around here like weeds! I've heard of brewing it but I never have.

COFFEE!! My favorite way to fufu it up- Carmel and chocolate syrup and a bit of heavy whipping cream. I call it Milky Way coffee.
I like all types of tea- my favorite is called Calm by Tazo.

Hmmmm both.....sweet iced tea and mocha frappe or hot coffee with 4 or five sugars and my favorite is to put a scoop of icecream and almond milk or I also like vanilla or caramel macchiato creamer
Hahaha that reminds me, my husband says his favorite coffee was when he visited Washington and on every corner they had a little coffee kiosk. They sold it as a couple scoops of ice cream covered in hot coffee. He says it’s the best coffee he has ever had and they had multiple everyday. Needless to say he gained a lot of weight on that trip. Hahaha

Back