• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 8th - Food you can't stand?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1531024618872.jpg
As you can probably guess, mine is broccoli. I don't know, there is just something about the way it smells. Not my favorite but I like other foods in it's same family like kale and cabbage. What is something you would rather not eat?

Duck or seafood other than fish.

Admittedly I have never eaten much seafood, but I have had smoked Alaskan king crab legs, lobster, and shrimp. I was not impressed.
The duck I ate in my teens we raised, and I thought it tasted like pond water smells.

Love most everything else....including broccoli. Lol

I really can’t think of anything that I don’t like. I used to hate meatloaf and Spanish rice when I was young. I would skip meals instead of trying to gag it down. Turns out I just didn’t like the way it was cooked. The meatloaf had way too many fillers and mixed too much and the Spanish rice too mushy. Now that I have had good versions I can eat them but still not my most favorite.

Fish, seafood, or anything that lives in any body of water. I ate crocodile in Nairobi once. The girl with me had eaten it before and said it tasted like chicken. She was wrong, it tasted like fish, which makes sense since that's pretty much what it would eat.

I am what's called a super taster, I have super strong taste buds and I either love something or hate it. It's made worse when I'm pregnant too which is not actually much fun. One pregnancy I couldn't stand corn chips, they tasted absolutely horrific! I can't do Ramen when I'm pregnant either (we call them 2 minute noodles here, we don't have the Ramen brand).

I like broccoli. I can eat it on it's own but prefer it with a cheese sauce. We call it dinosaur trees and the kids love it. My 10 year old loves it so much that he's requested it for his birthday meal for the last 3 years in a row.

I should have remembered tofu!
I probably forgot it because I really don't consider it food! :p I would probably rather eat grasshoppers than tofu.:confused:

Okra! I won't even sit at the table if its served, it makes me sick just to look at it. Lol. Or black olives.
Ok you are just weird! Lol:p just kidding totally!
You aren't as weird as the almost sisterwife of 6 years ago. She didn't like cheesecake!:eek:o_O
I always figure if someone doesn't like what I do that's GREAT! More for me! :D(And I have never tasted a cheesecake I didn't like) :D
We like okra best raw out of the garden, and black olives are treats here.

Fish, seafood, or anything that lives in any body of water. I ate crocodile in Nairobi once. The girl with me had eaten it before and said it tasted like chicken. She was wrong, it tasted like fish, which makes sense since that's pretty much what it would eat.
Hubby made me eat something at a Chinese restaurant once....before he would tell me what it was. He didn't think I'd be willing to try frog legs. They were like fishy chicken. Not my favorite but a sight better then eating bugs. Part of why I like sheep is they turn grass and weeds I wouldn't want to eat, into sweet milk and mouth watering meat.

You aren't as weird as the almost sisterwife of 6 years ago. She didn't like cheesecake!:eek:o_O
I always figure if someone doesn't like what I do that's GREAT! More for me! :D(And I have never tasted a cheesecake I didn't like) :D
Zec loves cream cheese and cream cheese frosting, but has not, nor will he ever, try cheesecake based on its name alone. LOL.
We prefer raw okra here too. :)

Hubby made me eat something at a Chinese restaurant once....before he would tell me what it was. He didn't think I'd be willing to try frog legs. They were like fishy chicken. Not my favorite but a sight better then eating bugs. Part of why I like sheep is they turn grass and weeds I wouldn't want to eat, into sweet milk and mouth watering meat.
Frogs sound gross, same thing with snails. I don't really understand why people would choose to eat them lol.
Mutton is the best! A nice big back leg roast cooked slowly in the coal range all day gives off the most amazing smell and tastes incredible.

She didn't like cheesecake!:eek:o_O
My Mum made the BEST cheesecake and a few years ago Dad gave me her recipe book which had it in it. It was the best gift! I had spent years searching for a cheesecake that was remotely like hers, but I always ended up disappointed when I got one at a restaurant or even home made ones, nothing could compare to hers. I'm still experimenting with it, some of the ingredients in it we don't have exactly the same anymore, different brands etc. The kids don't mind though lol.

I have had Brussels sprouts made poorly but feel that if they were made right they would be much better.
I don't like brussel sprouts. One day I found a recipe that sounded good and cooked them up. They tasted OK, at least edible for sure, but hubby didn't like them. Why? Because, and I quote, they didn't taste like bussel sprouts. Well yeah, that was the point!

Raisins. I can’t stand them. It’s really the only dried fruit I don’t like.

I’m not a HUGE fan of broccoli, either. :)

:eek: I have never known someone who didn't like raisins! Lol but that's totes okay! I think they're okay, unless I think they are chocolate chips in a cookie then I don't like them lol.

Duck or seafood other than fish.

Admittedly I have never eaten much seafood, but I have had smoked Alaskan king crab legs, lobster, and shrimp. I was not impressed.
The duck I ate in my teens we raised, and I thought it tasted like pond water smells.

Love most everything else....including broccoli. Lol

Oh man, I would so rather eat duck or seafood over broccoli! :D

Ramen noodles.....*full body shivers* that is a big pile of nope!!!!

Ramen is not my first choice but I don't hate it. Do you dislike all ramen or just the dry stuff you buy at the supermarket for like .50 cents?

I really can’t think of anything that I don’t like. I used to hate meatloaf and Spanish rice when I was young. I would skip meals instead of trying to gag it down. Turns out I just didn’t like the way it was cooked. The meatloaf had way too many fillers and mixed too much and the Spanish rice too mushy. Now that I have had good versions I can eat them but still not my most favorite.

Ah yes, I've experienced this before too. I prefer a lot of veggies raw and I think it's because I had a lot of mushy ones growing up.

I am what's called a super taster, I have super strong taste buds and I either love something or hate it. It's made worse when I'm pregnant too which is not actually much fun. One pregnancy I couldn't stand corn chips, they tasted absolutely horrific! I can't do Ramen when I'm pregnant either (we call them 2 minute noodles here, we don't have the Ramen brand).

I like broccoli. I can eat it on it's own but prefer it with a cheese sauce. We call it dinosaur trees and the kids love it. My 10 year old loves it so much that he's requested it for his birthday meal for the last 3 years in a row.

We called them trees at the preschool I used to work at. Slumber has said he wishes I liked them because he says broccoli and cheese are so good! I still make it occasionally for them, but I like he wants to share the goodness with me lol

I hate Sushi.

:eek: I love sushi! Although I get the deep fried ones because I am a little weirded out about eating raw fish.

Okra! I won't even sit at the table if its served, it makes me sick just to look at it. Lol. Or black olives.

I have never had it but I've heard it's either you love it or hate it!

:eek: the cheesecake is weird!

Zec loves cream cheese and cream cheese frosting, but has not, nor will he ever, try cheesecake based on its name alone. LOL.
We prefer raw okra here too. :)

Okay after you said that I did start to think well I guess cheesecake isn't the most appealing name for it, but boy is it good!

There isn't much that I don't like, besides maybe tofu and hummus.
I have had Brussels sprouts made poorly but feel that if they were made right they would be much better.

Yeah not a fan of the tufo either. I haven't tried hummus I don't think. I've never had bussel sprouts before. My dad doesn't like them so we didn't eat them growing up. I almost tried them at a family chrChristbut my sister in law was next to me forcing her self to eat them and hating it so I was scared off from them.

Sorry if I left anyone's reply out, I'm doing this on my phone and it's hard to keep track of all the comments! I really enjoy reading all your comment though!

Back